It is done on journey check.I didn't even see any mention on TPE website either
It is done on journey check.I didn't even see any mention on TPE website either
An unfortunate issue with a unit (not one of TPE or Northern's) whacking a platform at Mossley has been quite disruptive this afternoon. Single line working was implemented and a line block required resulting in delays.Absolute chaos at Leeds tonight, I suspect the last Transpennine service travelling west was the 16.15, nothing since. I'm currently stood on the 17.15, crush loaded, waiting for it to depart, no announcements for the delay. 16.47 cancelled, 16.45 cancelled then reinstated due in at 17.15 but it'll be behind this one occupying platform 16. Madness.
Yeah it did say something like that, what has exactly happened?An unfortunate issue with a unit (not one of TPE or Northern's) whacking a platform at Mossley has been quite disruptive this afternoon. Single line working was implemented and a line block required resulting in delays.
I assume it was Scotrail's 170427 working ECS Crewe to HA:An unfortunate issue with a unit (not one of TPE or Northern's) whacking a platform at Mossley has been quite disruptive this afternoon. Single line working was implemented and a line block required resulting in delays.
Yes, it was reported it struck something, then on further investigation it was found it had hit the platform passing through causing fairly major damage needing rectification before the unit was safe to move. It wasn't helped by the fact it was being moved by a freight company and there were no fitters who were trained on 170s anywhere near (which meant Porterbrook engineers having to assess and provide help via photos/video call/phone).I assume it was Scotrail's 170427 working ECS Crewe to HA:
Just passed this unit sitting in P3 at Stalybridge.Realtime Trains | 5Q70 1017 Crewe C.S. (L&Nwr Site) to Haymarket Depot | 26/09/2022
Real-time train running information for 5Q70 1017 departure from Crewe C.S. (L&Nwr Site) to Haymarket Depot on 26/09/2022. From Realtime Trains, an independent source of train running info for Great Britain.www.realtimetrains.co.uk
I was the guard on this one, it was due to my previous work being extremely late impacted by waiting for a pilot-man. I do believe i made announcements when i arrived at about 1735 though unless you was sandwiched in the rear carriage with me i’ve no way of knowing how audible my announcement was. Unfortunately it was a matter of it either waits for me and runs with a delay, or its binned.Absolute chaos at Leeds tonight, I suspect the last Transpennine service travelling west was the 16.15, nothing since. I'm currently stood on the 17.15, crush loaded, waiting for it to depart, no announcements for the delay. 16.47 cancelled, 16.45 cancelled then reinstated due in at 17.15 but it'll be behind this one occupying platform 16. Madness.
I probably wrote this before you announced as you did announce you had come in another service.I was the guard on this one, it was due to my previous work being extremely late impacted by waiting for a pilot-man. I do believe i made announcements when i arrived at about 1735 though unless you was sandwiched in the rear carriage with me i’ve no way of knowing how audible my announcement was. Unfortunately it was a matter of it either waits for me and runs with a delay, or its binned.
Delay repay is from the train operator that causes the delay to your journey.Is it safe to assume that a cancellation in TPE Journey Check won't be reinstated? Just discovered that the 09:52 Liverpool Lime Street to Newcastle (I'm going as far as York then onwards to Scarborough) tomorrow is cancelled, in which case I would rather not have to hang around in Lime Street waiting an hour for the next one. However if they reinstate it and I'm not there then I guess that would invalidate my Advance ticket.
Also, never quite sure about this, but for delay repay do I claim from the ticket retailer as it's a cancelled service, or from the operator as I will still travel but will arrive an hour late?
Yes it’s a delay, as you have still travelled but arrived later (if chosen to take later service).So a cancelled service and advice to travel on the next one is a delay not a cancellation then?
But remember TPE will say it was a planned cancellation and published before 10pm in the "timetable of the day" so nothing will be due under delay repayDelay repay is from the train operator that causes the delay to your journey.
But remember TPE will say it was a planned cancellation and published before 10pm in the "timetable of the day" so nothing will be due under delay repay![]()
You will. They can try get out of it, but at the end of the day you are delayed based on the ticket that has been sold to you.What??? So I won't be able to get anything back despite it messing my whole day up? That can't be legal surely, under the terms of delay repay compensation.
I've claimed delay repay from transpennine when my train was removed from the timetable the day before - you have to manually input the time the train was going to be at, as it won't show up in their form, but both times I got delay repay no issue.What??? So I won't be able to get anything back despite it messing my whole day up? That can't be legal surely, under the terms of delay repay compensation.
You would only go back to the retailer if disruption caused you to abandon your journey, and if that's the case you'd seek a refund of the ticket, not Delay Repay.Also, never quite sure about this, but for delay repay do I claim from the ticket retailer as it's a cancelled service, or from the operator as I will still travel but will arrive an hour late?
The National Rail Conditions of Travel were amended at the start of February to remove Delay Repay eligibility if the cancellation was notified before 2200 on the day before travel, at which time the state of the service becomes the "Published Timetable of the Day"What??? So I won't be able to get anything back despite it messing my whole day up? That can't be legal surely, under the terms of delay repay compensation.
The National Rail Conditions of Travel were amended at the start of February to remove Delay Repay eligibility if the cancellation was notified before 2200 on the day before travel, at which time the state of the service becomes the "Published Timetable of the Day"
The legality of this change is disputed, but it's the way things are for the time being.
The 16.25 from Leeds was 6 carriages but extremely busy.Unusual to be able to say something slightly good about TPE but they seem to have run two return 6 car trains between Sheffield and Cleethorpes today. With all the don't travel publicity I don't suppose they carried many passengers.
Sunday services are running to an amended timetable which isn't confirmed until midweek due to the IR issues.The 08.36 TPE 'service' ex Newcastle has been cancelled every Sunday since (at least) February. Surely this should be either rectified or permanently withdrawn to avoid many future customers making plans to travel, only to be left making alternative arrangements at very short notice.