Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!
It’s disappointing but I guess it comes down to TPE not having many drivers based in Scotland. Maybe an internal candidate has filled a job, or they are cutting back the number of people based here. Anyway…
It’s disappointing but I guess it comes down to TPE not having many drivers based in Scotland. Maybe an internal candidate has filled a job, or they are cutting back the number of people based here. Anyway…
It's a funny old industry. Been trying to get into this for 20 years at least and I'll probably reach near retirement before I'm even successful working for a toc.
Good luck guys! If you’re guards already you’ll fly through the first few modules…if you’re new to the industry (like me!) be prepared……but it’s fine by Module 5. Great instructors. Great training! I’m loving it now
Hi all, did anyone attend stage 2 and MMI in Leeds in June and heard anything since? Ive not heard from TPE at all since and my application still seems open on the portal
Hi all, did anyone attend stage 2 and MMI in Leeds in June and heard anything since? Ive not heard from TPE at all since and my application still seems open on the portal
I attended an MMI in Leeds. I didn't officially hear back, but I sent them an email in July to ask about the outcome.
They confirmed that I had passed and would be hearing back regarding a driver manager interview.
I then emailed a couple of weeks ago (mid-Sept) asking for an update on when that would likely be, but I haven't had a response.
It's been quite a long process. I originally applied in May 2025, and I feel like I've been in limbo all this time.
So, I would imagine that there's a talent pool of current candidates that they're working through before they even consider bringing on the next batch. That's just a guess, though.
Which station did you apply to?
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
I know there are lots of hints and tips out there for interview prep, but you did yours with TPE and are based in York, which is where I'm due to have mine. So, if it's okay, I just wanted to ask how was the DMI? Do you remember how many people were on the interview panel? Do you remember any of the specific questions they asked?
Good luck with the training! Must be incredibly exciting to be finally getting underway.
We have had a number of issues with members trying to set up duplicate accounts in this forum.
Please note that we only allow one account per person, but if you find yourself in a situation in which you'd like a separate identity for this section then please contact us directly and explain your reasoning or concerns rather than setting up a separate new account.
We are aware of an issue with emails from the Forum to Microsoft-based email accounts (hotmail/outlook/live.com email addresses). This is being looked into currently, thanks for your patience meanwhile.