• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TransPennine Trains - Trainee Driver Recruitment Discussion

Jedi

Member
Joined
18 Mar 2026
Messages
22
Location
Scotland
Yeah just had the same. Just need to wait on Scotrail then
It’s disappointing but I guess it comes down to TPE not having many drivers based in Scotland. Maybe an internal candidate has filled a job, or they are cutting back the number of people based here. Anyway…
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Toastyrail

Member
Joined
12 Apr 2026
Messages
24
Location
Blackburn
It’s disappointing but I guess it comes down to TPE not having many drivers based in Scotland. Maybe an internal candidate has filled a job, or they are cutting back the number of people based here. Anyway…
It's probably coincidental, but I've not seen a single job advert on TPEs website in a couple of weeks. Usually something on there.
 

Rocco 698

Member
Joined
25 Jul 2019
Messages
13
It's a funny old industry. Been trying to get into this for 20 years at least and I'll probably reach near retirement before I'm even successful working for a toc.
It took me until 54. Keep trying!

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Hi there. Yes I am due to start in October for driver training.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


I am!!!
Good luck guys! If you’re guards already you’ll fly through the first few modules…if you’re new to the industry (like me!) be prepared……but it’s fine by Module 5. Great instructors. Great training! I’m loving it now
 

gwm84

New Member
Joined
12 Sep 2026
Messages
1
Location
Immingham
Hi all, did anyone attend stage 2 and MMI in Leeds in June and heard anything since? Ive not heard from TPE at all since and my application still seems open on the portal
 

Max10

New Member
Joined
24 Sep 2026
Messages
1
Location
YORK
Hi all, did anyone attend stage 2 and MMI in Leeds in June and heard anything since? Ive not heard from TPE at all since and my application still seems open on the portal

I attended an MMI in Leeds. I didn't officially hear back, but I sent them an email in July to ask about the outcome.

They confirmed that I had passed and would be hearing back regarding a driver manager interview.

I then emailed a couple of weeks ago (mid-Sept) asking for an update on when that would likely be, but I haven't had a response.

It's been quite a long process. I originally applied in May 2025, and I feel like I've been in limbo all this time.

So, I would imagine that there's a talent pool of current candidates that they're working through before they even consider bringing on the next batch. That's just a guess, though.

Which station did you apply to?

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Anyone starting October of this year?
Hey!

I know there are lots of hints and tips out there for interview prep, but you did yours with TPE and are based in York, which is where I'm due to have mine. So, if it's okay, I just wanted to ask how was the DMI? Do you remember how many people were on the interview panel? Do you remember any of the specific questions they asked?

Good luck with the training! Must be incredibly exciting to be finally getting underway.
 
Last edited:

Top