gray1404
Established Member
I've just tried adding a Railcard card to my account but it won't let me. It is returning an error message.
Maybe try checking for an app update or contacting support in the morning.I've just tried adding a Railcard card to my account but it won't let me. It is returning an error message.
I tried doing it on the website. Is this something that must be done on the app even though the website has the interface.Maybe try checking for an app update or contacting support in the morning.
I tried doing it on the website. Is this something that must be done on the app even though the website has the interface.
This is what I simply don't understand; the price disparity between contactless and regular tickets is now enormous. It's £25 for an Off-Peak Return from Runcorn East to Wrexham for example, vs £6.60 for two PAYG single journeys.At a quick look the prices seem very sensible, a day out to Rhyl will be £8.40 return from basically anywhere, and also almost identical pricing to the busses over shorter distances (3 vs 3.30), I for one will definitely be making good use of it
Apparently over 97% of UK adults have a bank account.This is what I simply don't understand; the price disparity between contactless and regular tickets is now enormous. It's £25 for an Off-Peak Return from Runcorn East to Wrexham for example, vs £6.60 for two PAYG single journeys.
So why don't they cut the cost of regular tickets? It seems rather iniquitous that they are now effectively charging some of the most disadvantaged members of society (who don't have a bank account or card) more.
And the 2-3% who don't are disadvantaged when buying these fares.Apparently over 97% of UK adults have a bank account.
3% of a big number is still a big number. That's over a million adults without one.Apparently over 97% of UK adults have a bank account.
I would suggest that the fare structure is partly designed to accelerate the inevitable demise of cash and ticket offices.It is rather silly that to fix what they even accept as broken fare anomalies they just create new types of fare. Surely it would have been possible to change the existing ones.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
3% of a big number is still a big number. That's over a million adults without one.
Let alone children. It's readily possible for them to travel on their own, especially commuting to secondary school. Yet parents understandably wouldn't trust a lot of 11 year olds with a debit card - let alone the fact that there are few providers who will issue them in a child's name, and using an adult's card is not permitted by any card scheme's rules as far as I'm aware.And the 2-3% who don't are disadvantaged when buying these fares.
I just failed to add my senior railcard to the PAYG section of the website ("failed to retrieve/add...").It worked for me first attempt on the website.
That's exactly the error message I got trying to add a disabled persons Railcard.I just failed to add my senior railcard to the PAYG section of the website ("failed to retrieve/add...").
A day out to Llandudno or Conwy is much better!At a quick look the prices seem very sensible, a day out to Rhyl will be £8.40 return from basically anywhere, and also almost identical pricing to the busses over shorter distances (3 vs 3.30), I for one will definitely be making good use of it
I wonder if there are validators on the platform at Rhyl so one can get straight back on the same train.A day out to Llandudno or Conwy is much better!
Presumably to split ticket you would need to touch out at Rhyl and drop back a train and buy a separate day return Rhyl to Llandudno ?
I don't believe so. It would probably be a bad idea. Seeing people tap off on the platform would make some people believe you could tap on on the platform for a west-bound train.I wonder if there are validators on the platform at Rhyl so one can get straight back on the same train.
Prestatyn is more practical, the validators are on the island platform so you'd be able to reboard the same train.A day out to Llandudno or Conwy is much better!
Presumably to split ticket you would need to touch out at Rhyl and drop back a train and buy a separate day return Rhyl to Llandudno ?
Deciding on the zones is the tricky part, but also I think it's a bit selfish to say well I don't have it yet so everyone should have to wait...I don't believe so. It would probably be a bad idea. Seeing people tap off on the platform would make some people believe you could tap on on the platform for a west-bound train.
As usual, it's introduced cack handedly. Why is it not across the whole network? Just equip every station and turn it on when they're all done. No need for "trial" and "rollout" nonsense.
If there was a plan to extend it then we would be prepared to wait. So far no such plan has been announced. Until one is, we'll assume that we're being left out.Deciding on the zones is the tricky part, but also I think it's a bit selfish to say well I don't have it yet so everyone should have to wait...