From what I have heard Hull are receiving Scotland built ones with the registrations starting with SN75. They are apparently currently running testing mileage in Scotland.I have been informed by a driver friend at Hull the new electric E400's will start to arrive in November
Not sure when they will enter service however
Yes I heard the same around 19 in November with the rest coming in Febuary in March (unsure how many second batch but be both Singles and Doubles) from info I had been informedFrom what I have heard Hull are receiving Scotland built ones with the registrations starting with SN75. They are apparently currently running testing mileage in Scotland.
I had heard January, but no year was specified. As discussed above there does not appear to have been any activity regarding the upgrading/rebuilding of Sutton Road depot.When's mansfields due ?
21228 is in service there too.21221,2,4 havw now all seen service in fenstanton now
It is understood that approximately 10no. EV buses will become operational from November 2025 and a further 13no. EV buses will operate from January 2026, replacing the existing diesel buses on a one-for-one basis. The timeline for further EV bus replacements has not yet been confirmed, however approximately 25no. EV buses are expected to join the fleet every six months until the full 99no.
From what I can gather Hull currently has no infrestructure for Electric buses and currently no space to install charging pointsI'm confused; when its said EVs are "arriving" in November 2025, does that mean they enter service like ASAP (because they said for Hull like early 2026 as their start date) but if Mansfield "gets" them in November and instantly puts them into service like that says, then will Hull also follow by putting theirs into service straight away or will they wait until early 2026 as seen on council website from a year ago?
If I was in overall charge at Mansfield I would remove an old E400 for every electric DD tho I suspect the powers that be will look to remove 73plate MMCs to start with.Wonder if any Mansfield strays will end up at Hull to help replace MANviros?
Edit: i mean diesels that get replaced
They are charged in the bus station on the back layover bay.Mansfield does, of course, have two BYD singles on the books, and clearly can charge them. However, without the site rebuild that still hasn’t started, then adding more is going to mean a lot more extension cables on the ground or hanging from the rafters! If the idea is to replace diesels on a one by one basis then electrics will be scattered across the network. Since several MMCs have had an upgrade to their pronto livery recently it seems unlikely that route would be a focus. Most other vehicle workings are multi route and those routes are mixed DD/SD most days, and can include substantial school work, so the new buses will be well scattered and not always on the best routes. E.g. the 7/16 local route includes one DD that does a lengthy school route through the villages from Clipstone to Southwell AM and PM. Interesting times!!
Good point. I had forgotten that. It might work for two buses (only one for some considerable time) which see patchy use. I can’t see that working for fleet operation of vehicles in all day intensive use. I wouldn’t risk leaving them there overnight to charge, so more secure and more substantial facilities are urgently needed.They are charged in the bus station on the back layover bay.
I have seen them there as late as 0130, but you're right it's not exactly a solution is it.Good point. I had forgotten that. It might work for two buses (only one for some considerable time) which see patchy use. I can’t see that working for fleet operation of vehicles in all day intensive use. I wouldn’t risk leaving them there overnight to charge, so more secure and more substantial facilities are urgently needed.
The 73 plate MMCs could maybe then be shifted to somewhere like Lincoln, Grimsby or Hull.If I was in overall charge at Mansfield I would remove an old E400 for every electric DD tho I suspect the powers that be will look to remove 73plate MMCs to start with.
With SD replacements it’s not so clear cut as Mansfield's allocation is generally older in the first place so not so much of an uplift elsewhere.
An interesting conundrum is the 28/29 corridor from Newark to Mansfield which is shared with Lincoln allocated outstationed vehicles ex Newark. There are numerous schools extras from both depots and it is easy to envisage old E400s ex Newark on the three all day 28/29 workings and DD electrics on say schools 965 which is Mansfield worked with an early 28 then after schools all day on 28b.
I'm not on the inside and don't have any 'gen', but my first guess would be high winds and the Humber Bridge.Does anyone know why 10897 and 22639 have swapped? Doesn't seem to be any mechanical fault as 10897 has jumped onto Hull locals and 22639 on Grimsby locals...
Would make sense - thanks!I'm not on the inside and don't have any 'gen', but my first guess would be high winds and the Humber Bridge.
CorrectI'm not on the inside and don't have any 'gen', but my first guess would be high winds and the Humber Bridge.
Not knowing where you drive , does that mean it’s a good bus or a bad busCorrect
Having driven 22639 a few times, I hope it stays in Grimsby forever
Hull mate. Terrible. Can’t stand 22614/15 or 39.Not knowing where you drive , does that mean it’s a good bus or a bad bus