• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach East Midlands - Timetables, Services, & Wider Operations

andyb87

Member
Joined
24 Aug 2025
Messages
79
Location
mansfield
Traffic commissioners have now published a registration for the new Mansfield schools 345 service. Described as NCC supported and short notice, but no further background.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jimbob185

Member
Joined
9 Oct 2018
Messages
353
I have been informed by a driver friend at Hull the new electric E400's will start to arrive in November

Not sure when they will enter service however
From what I have heard Hull are receiving Scotland built ones with the registrations starting with SN75. They are apparently currently running testing mileage in Scotland.
 

CN12 AWU

Member
Joined
11 Nov 2024
Messages
635
From what I have heard Hull are receiving Scotland built ones with the registrations starting with SN75. They are apparently currently running testing mileage in Scotland.
Yes I heard the same around 19 in November with the rest coming in Febuary in March (unsure how many second batch but be both Singles and Doubles) from info I had been informed
 

andyb87

Member
Joined
24 Aug 2025
Messages
79
Location
mansfield
If they are undergoing mileage based testing now, I would expect delivery before November. Providing charging provision is available perhaps entry into service by November. I can’t see Falkirk wanting to be stacked out with passed vehicles that can’t be delivered.
 

Zenneth101

Member
Joined
21 Jul 2024
Messages
463
Location
Kingston-upon-Hull
I believe the fleet numbers for Hull's was 80294 to 80312, and Mansfield's is 80357 through 80366 (FOR the first lot) I have no idea about the 2nd lots as its unconfirmed, so that'll be fun. That said, I wonder how long it'll be before we reach 810xx fleet number?
 

al_557

Member
Joined
6 Mar 2013
Messages
40
21221,2,4 havw now all seen service in fenstanton now
21228 is in service there too.

This should release 3 Scania E400's to transfer to Bedford for use on the MK1 which will be using part of the Luton Busway soon as well as replace 21310 which has been written off after a serious RTA
 

RareApe

Member
Joined
19 Aug 2025
Messages
125
Location
Mansfield
Looking at official documents, it mentions that Mansfield is meant to be getting 10 EV buses in November 2025. This has me really confused now since Stagecoach said it's not due until January 2026; however, the most recent document mentions it is earlier than that. You see the quote of what they said, and if you want to read the document, it can be found here.

It is understood that approximately 10no. EV buses will become operational from November 2025 and a further 13no. EV buses will operate from January 2026, replacing the existing diesel buses on a one-for-one basis. The timeline for further EV bus replacements has not yet been confirmed, however approximately 25no. EV buses are expected to join the fleet every six months until the full 99no.
 

Zenneth101

Member
Joined
21 Jul 2024
Messages
463
Location
Kingston-upon-Hull
I'm confused; when its said EVs are "arriving" in November 2025, does that mean they enter service like ASAP (because they said for Hull like early 2026 as their start date) but if Mansfield "gets" them in November and instantly puts them into service like that says, then will Hull also follow by putting theirs into service straight away or will they wait until early 2026 as seen on council website from a year ago?
 

CN12 AWU

Member
Joined
11 Nov 2024
Messages
635
I'm confused; when its said EVs are "arriving" in November 2025, does that mean they enter service like ASAP (because they said for Hull like early 2026 as their start date) but if Mansfield "gets" them in November and instantly puts them into service like that says, then will Hull also follow by putting theirs into service straight away or will they wait until early 2026 as seen on council website from a year ago?
From what I can gather Hull currently has no infrestructure for Electric buses and currently no space to install charging points

so I suspect Hull's new ones might be due to be delivered in November but might go into shortage until early 2026 until the charging points etc are built

But that's really just a guess what will happen I am no expert on that sort of thing
 

andyb87

Member
Joined
24 Aug 2025
Messages
79
Location
mansfield
Mansfield does, of course, have two BYD singles on the books, and clearly can charge them. However, without the site rebuild that still hasn’t started, then adding more is going to mean a lot more extension cables on the ground or hanging from the rafters! If the idea is to replace diesels on a one by one basis then electrics will be scattered across the network. Since several MMCs have had an upgrade to their pronto livery recently it seems unlikely that route would be a focus. Most other vehicle workings are multi route and those routes are mixed DD/SD most days, and can include substantial school work, so the new buses will be well scattered and not always on the best routes. E.g. the 7/16 local route includes one DD that does a lengthy school route through the villages from Clipstone to Southwell AM and PM. Interesting times!!
 

andyb87

Member
Joined
24 Aug 2025
Messages
79
Location
mansfield
Wonder if any Mansfield strays will end up at Hull to help replace MANviros?

Edit: i mean diesels that get replaced
If I was in overall charge at Mansfield I would remove an old E400 for every electric DD tho I suspect the powers that be will look to remove 73plate MMCs to start with.
With SD replacements it’s not so clear cut as Mansfield's allocation is generally older in the first place so not so much of an uplift elsewhere.
An interesting conundrum is the 28/29 corridor from Newark to Mansfield which is shared with Lincoln allocated outstationed vehicles ex Newark. There are numerous schools extras from both depots and it is easy to envisage old E400s ex Newark on the three all day 28/29 workings and DD electrics on say schools 965 which is Mansfield worked with an early 28 then after schools all day on 28b.
 

YX73OUB

Member
Joined
24 Jul 2024
Messages
544
Location
East Midlands
Mansfield does, of course, have two BYD singles on the books, and clearly can charge them. However, without the site rebuild that still hasn’t started, then adding more is going to mean a lot more extension cables on the ground or hanging from the rafters! If the idea is to replace diesels on a one by one basis then electrics will be scattered across the network. Since several MMCs have had an upgrade to their pronto livery recently it seems unlikely that route would be a focus. Most other vehicle workings are multi route and those routes are mixed DD/SD most days, and can include substantial school work, so the new buses will be well scattered and not always on the best routes. E.g. the 7/16 local route includes one DD that does a lengthy school route through the villages from Clipstone to Southwell AM and PM. Interesting times!!
They are charged in the bus station on the back layover bay.
 

andyb87

Member
Joined
24 Aug 2025
Messages
79
Location
mansfield
They are charged in the bus station on the back layover bay.
Good point. I had forgotten that. It might work for two buses (only one for some considerable time) which see patchy use. I can’t see that working for fleet operation of vehicles in all day intensive use. I wouldn’t risk leaving them there overnight to charge, so more secure and more substantial facilities are urgently needed.
 

YX73OUB

Member
Joined
24 Jul 2024
Messages
544
Location
East Midlands
Good point. I had forgotten that. It might work for two buses (only one for some considerable time) which see patchy use. I can’t see that working for fleet operation of vehicles in all day intensive use. I wouldn’t risk leaving them there overnight to charge, so more secure and more substantial facilities are urgently needed.
I have seen them there as late as 0130, but you're right it's not exactly a solution is it.
 

Zenneth101

Member
Joined
21 Jul 2024
Messages
463
Location
Kingston-upon-Hull
Parked up in the main area is 19639, all branded up and looks imminent to re-enter service. That said, I wonder; will it still have a MAN engine or will it be some kind of retrofit as seen on the Enviro 300s with Cummins engines fitted? I know I'll find out but my brain is always curious about the most odd aspects
 

175mph

On Moderation
Joined
25 Jan 2016
Messages
715
If I was in overall charge at Mansfield I would remove an old E400 for every electric DD tho I suspect the powers that be will look to remove 73plate MMCs to start with.
With SD replacements it’s not so clear cut as Mansfield's allocation is generally older in the first place so not so much of an uplift elsewhere.
An interesting conundrum is the 28/29 corridor from Newark to Mansfield which is shared with Lincoln allocated outstationed vehicles ex Newark. There are numerous schools extras from both depots and it is easy to envisage old E400s ex Newark on the three all day 28/29 workings and DD electrics on say schools 965 which is Mansfield worked with an early 28 then after schools all day on 28b.
The 73 plate MMCs could maybe then be shifted to somewhere like Lincoln, Grimsby or Hull.

I'm aware that Hull already has some 73 plate ones, but if Hull got the Mansfield ones, perhaps they could be used to replace the 66 plate ones which could then be shifted to places like Scunthorpe?
 

K13R0N

Member
Joined
26 Mar 2019
Messages
255
Location
Grimsby
Does anyone know why 10897 and 22639 have swapped? Doesn't seem to be any mechanical fault as 10897 has jumped onto Hull locals and 22639 on Grimsby locals...
 

SteveyBee131

Member
Joined
28 Oct 2017
Messages
742
Location
Grimsby Town
Does anyone know why 10897 and 22639 have swapped? Doesn't seem to be any mechanical fault as 10897 has jumped onto Hull locals and 22639 on Grimsby locals...
I'm not on the inside and don't have any 'gen', but my first guess would be high winds and the Humber Bridge.
 

jamestaylor94

Member
Joined
31 Jan 2018
Messages
68
Not knowing where you drive , does that mean it’s a good bus or a bad bus
Hull mate. Terrible. Can’t stand 22614/15 or 39.
The 24’s we got from Yorkshire aren’t too bad though, although 24186 cab seat is like sitting on wood
 

Zenneth101

Member
Joined
21 Jul 2024
Messages
463
Location
Kingston-upon-Hull
Hmmm, I do like the thought of Hull having an InterConnect, the MMCs are wasted (not to mention their paint) in Grimsby, Hull is much more fitted for MMCs, and MANs seem to be a hit in Grimsby, so I hope Stagecoach swapped on purpose (no idea why they would put both on the other towns locals if they were a temporary swap)
 

K13R0N

Member
Joined
26 Mar 2019
Messages
255
Location
Grimsby
22639 is operating the 250 this morning, would suspect with calmer winds 10897 is swapping with it
 

Top