As someone mainly interested in bus routes and timetables I find so much of the content of this thread meaningless to those who don’t know and understand all the jargon. A few months ago I kept reading about MAN‘s being transferred to Mansfield. I think they are now operating most of the services on my local route. I had no idea what they were and presumed they were buses which had been operating in Manchester!
To clarify what "MAN" means in this context:
It's a chassis of single deck bus which is quite rare to see around any city or town.
They got swapped late last year (2025) for more standard single decks Mansfield used to have, which were sent to Hull (the origin point of the MANs)
At Mansfield, they mainly work on 141 from what I've seen (no idea why) at the minute.
That's all I can really say about MANs without being too technical and more casual, but I'm happy to explain more if this isn't enough (unless I'm too late, and you already know what they are now).