madannie77
Member
This turned up at the Eden Valley Railway today: a 1987 Wartburg 353, imported to the UK after the reunification of Germany and now carrying the appropriate registration C20 DDR!!
Now thats great, i'm a sucker for Eastern European cars, my first car was a Lada, second was a Skoda lol
This morning saw a T reg Focus.
Well the adverts did used to mention their British Steel wheels.I had a Skoda Estelle for a mercifully short time in the early 80s, the previous owner had fitted locking wheelnuts as presumably the wheels and tyres were the most valuable parts of the car, I used to leave it in the town centre car park unlocked with the keys in the ignition and the damned thing was still there each evening after work
I found the original Focus brochure online here - https://autocatalogarchive.com/wp-content/uploads/2025/08/Ford-Focus-1998-UK.pdfNow thats great, i'm a sucker for Eastern European cars, my first car was a Lada, second was a Skoda lol
This morning saw a T reg Focus.
Ooh, DS, Traction Avant and SM, lovely.Probably somewhere in the thread but passing my Aunts around Waterloo I see these:
View attachment 204837View attachment 204838View attachment 204839View attachment 204840View attachment 204841View attachment 204842
They're indeed a lovely sightOoh, DS, Traction Avant and SM, lovely.
Is that in Roupell St perhaps? I've often seen one or more Citroens parked there when heading to the King's Arms for a little refreshment before heading out of Waterloo.Probably somewhere in the thread but passing my Aunts around Waterloo I see these:
View attachment 204837View attachment 204838View attachment 204839View attachment 204840View attachment 204841View attachment 204842
Is that in Roupell St perhaps? I've often seen one or more Citroens parked there when heading to the King's Arms for a little refreshment before heading out of Waterloo.
A DS 'Break' estate would be a heck of a score on it's own, but a Traction Avant and SM as well? Absolute belters.Probably somewhere in the thread but passing my Aunts around Waterloo I see these:
View attachment 204837View attachment 204838View attachment 204839View attachment 204840View attachment 204841View attachment 204842
Like @birchesgreen, I'm a sucker for Eastern European cars. If a Lada Riva and a Lambo were to park up next to each other, I'd be all over the Riva while barely paying any mind to the LamboThis turned up at the Eden Valley Railway today: a 1987 Wartburg 353, imported to the UK after the reunification of Germany and now carrying the appropriate registration C20 DDR!!
I drove one of them a short distance in the very early 80's - pedals came directly out of the floor ISTR...This turned up at the Eden Valley Railway today: a 1987 Wartburg 353, imported to the UK after the reunification of Germany and now carrying the appropriate registration C20 DDR!!
Assuming you meant "how many Wartburgs are registered in the UK", https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?q=wartburg&commit=Search says its 49Wonder how Wartburgs are registered in UK.
Yeah, that's what I meant. And quite a few it seems. Not all those are gonna be roadworthy, but still a decent number of them.Assuming you meant "how many Wartburgs are registered in the UK", https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?q=wartburg&commit=Search says its 49
IndeedIs that in Roupell St perhaps? I've often seen one or more Citroens parked there when heading to the King's Arms for a little refreshment before heading out of Waterloo.
Im shocked that they sit outside on that road every day. What I'd pay to have a ride in the SMA DS 'Break' estate would be a heck of a score on it's own, but a Traction Avant and SM as well? Absolute belters.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
I'm not sure they ever move. Always seem to be parked in exactly the same place whenever I walk down Roupell Street.Im shocked that they sit outside on that road every day. What I'd pay to have a ride in the SM
I'd sell a kidney to have a ride in a SM. /sIm shocked that they sit outside on that road every day. What I'd pay to have a ride in the SM
Good taste you have. Same hereI'd sell a kidney to have a ride in a SM. /s
In all seriousness, it's one of my all-time dream cars alongside the DS, have lusted after it virtually my entire adult life.
I saw a late 90s model in bright red last week.Just saw a few minutes ago driving into the local Lidl carpark, the ultimate car:
slightly orangey brown Robin Reliant (R reg). The front has had some work done on it though as bits were in grey undercoat.
1955 Austin A40 Cambridge, maybe bought from Bangers & Cash!There’s a chap in the Hope Valley who drives a 1950s Austin 40. To be quite clear, it’s an ‘old banger’, not a restored classic.
View attachment 187114
I used to have a 1996 Swift; much better looking than the monstrosity they build these days - and much better on fuel economy as well.Just seen a 2000 Suzuki Swift - tiny thing!
Roupell St !Probably somewhere in the thread but passing my Aunts around Waterloo I see these:
View attachment 204837View attachment 204838View attachment 204839View attachment 204840View attachment 204841View attachment 204842
There were some long-wheelbase versions made as limousines, funeral cars etc. That would explain the colour.Today, I saw a 1979 (V) Austin Princess, in jet black, and good nick. However it was much bigger than I remember the Princess to be, funny how the memory works. The smell of an untreated exhaust as it went past was something else.