Fantastic. Last time I saw (and photo'd) a Talbot Horizon, was at Brands Hatch during a classic cars race.Saw a Talbot Horizon, or possibly a Sunbeam Lotus, on the M6 at the wekend,
The front end is definitely Leyland, and after a bit of googling for "City of Exeter Leyland Titan" it appears to be 86GFJ, new in 1963.Also some demolition at our recycling centre has revealed this beauty. I’m not a bus expert but think it’s a Bedford double decker of some vintage.
View attachment 188512
Thanks for this.The front end is definitely Leyland, and after a bit of googling for "City of Exeter Leyland Titan" it appears to be 86GFJ, new in 1963.
There are quite a few online images of it, but here's one:
![]()
86GFJ - Exeter Bus Station, July 2006.
On home turf in Exeter bus station, is one time Exeter Corporation 86, a Massey bodied Leyland Titan PD2.www.flickr.com
Unless there's more than one carrying that advert, I assume it's the same one as in your photo.
That was the most reliable of the Peugeots I had, though it is basically a Citroen Saxo with a Peugeot badge.P reg Peugeot 106 in blue last night. Very understated.
Brilliant. I remember those from my teens; and I saw a Volvo 340DL last week locally, a car model I've not seen for years.W suffix (1980-81) Volvo 244 spotted pottering around town today, with an elderly male driver who may well have owned it since new.
My family had two of these and they were very robust, but even so, I’ve not seen one on the road for five years or so.
Or was it a Peugeot 106 with a Citroen Saxo badge...?That was the most reliable of the Peugeots I had, though it is basically a Citroen Saxo with a Peugeot badge.
I haven't seen a 200-series Volvo on the road for a while, but my window cleaner had one for years. He had a 940 after that and eventually moved on to an 850.W suffix (1980-81) Volvo 244 spotted pottering around town today, with an elderly male driver who may well have owned it since new.
My family had two of these and they were very robust, but even so, I’ve not seen one on the road for five years or so.
\one of my neighbours has an M reg VW Golf.: 30 years odl.Running around my local area is a nice X reg Toyota Celica, that's now 25 years ago.
Do you mean a Talbot Sunbeam? The Horizon was a different car.Saw a Talbot Horizon, or possibly a Sunbeam Lotus, on the M6 at the wekend, and then yesterday a 1982 Mark 1 Golf.
Do you mean a Talbot Sunbeam? The Horizon was a different car.
The Talbot (previously Chrysler) Sunbeam was rear-wheel drive and the Sunbeam Lotus was a sporty version.No, Talbot Horizon. The Sunbeam Lotus was a sporty version of the same car.
This seems to be the case with older models.Silver E reg BMW 3 series went past earlier, its interesting how small they look compared to current 3 series.
This seems to be the case with older models.
For example, if you compare the original BMW M5 with the present M5 model it looks much smaller. More like a current M3.
Cars do seem to get a little bigger with each generation, even before everything started turning into a crossover. As the Polo grew it meant VW had to introduce the Fox (and later Up!) to fill the "A" segment the Polo had outgrown. I can't think of any counter-examples where the next generation was smaller than the previous, but there probably is one somewhere in the history of automobiles.Yep, IIRC the current VW Polo is bigger than the Mk1 Golf.
I think the Peugeot 208 is a bit smaller than it's predecessor the 207, from casual observation anyway.I can't think of any counter-examples where the next generation was smaller than the previous, but there probably is one somewhere in the history of automobiles.