• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Older cars you have seen

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JD2168

Established Member
Joined
11 Jul 2022
Messages
1,735
Location
Sheffield
In the last 2 weeks in Doncaster I have seen a Ford Model T & a Austin Seven RK Saloon
 

TheSel

Member
Joined
10 Oct 2017
Messages
1,169
Location
Southport, Merseyside
Here are a couple I've seen and photo'd recently:

Standard 10 in Rhos on Sea and a Riley (not sure of the model) in Churchtown, Southport.

1756471279113.png

1756471233217.png1756471233217.png
 

thejuggler

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2016
Messages
1,652
I saw a mid 90s 205 earlier today, not even a GTi, just a basic model. Thinking about it was have a neighbour who also has one, his mate has a cabrio version, bith are late 80s models.
 

GusB

Established Member
Joined
9 Jul 2016
Messages
8,173
Location
Elginshire
On my travels earlier this evening I encountered a D-reg Ford Sierra Cosworth, a car that used to be fairly common in these parts but that I haven't seen for years.

Later on I passed a Jaguar MkII parked up at the side of the road - it looked absolutely stunning. I'd have one of those over the Cossie any day! :)
 

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
Joined
28 Sep 2010
Messages
35,954
In the last few days I have seen the following on the roads near me:

L reg Golf GTI convertible (Mark I shape, must have been almost the last one, 1992/3)
S reg Ford Cortina Mark IV (1978 ish)
M reg Morris Marina coupé, in a ‘snot’ green with vinyl roof (1974ish)
 

Gooner18

Member
Joined
24 Oct 2018
Messages
637
I see old sierra cosworths. Ones in my garage. Unfortunately being in London unless it’s over 40 years old you don’t see that many older cars
 

45Fox

Member
Joined
17 May 2022
Messages
150
Location
Leicester
Saw on E reg Morris Minor parked in a driveway on the London Road (A6), Leicester, whilst on a bus to Oadby yesterday. It was in beautiful condition, caught me by surprise and didn't get a photo.
 

RuddA

Member
Joined
9 Feb 2020
Messages
242
Location
Norwich
I was in Southend yesterday and there must have been a meet taking place.

Ford Escort mk1, 2, 3 & 4
Ford Fiesta mk1, 2 & 3
Ford Sierra
Ford Cortina
Vauxhall Nova
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8483.jpeg
    IMG_8483.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 31

m79900

Member
Joined
28 May 2023
Messages
712
Location
North Derbyshire
L reg Astra towing a trailer in Llandudno.
Vauxhall Calibra in bright red. (I think it was a P)
Mk11 Capri, didn't catch the reg.
 

Anonymous10

Established Member
Joined
19 Dec 2019
Messages
2,634
Location
wales
Few days ago saw a 1990s suzuki x90 in the local morrisons. Unfortunately didnt get a photo.
 

JD2168

Established Member
Joined
11 Jul 2022
Messages
1,735
Location
Sheffield
A Model T on the road? Crikey!
Here it is

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Here is the Austin Seven i saw
 

Attachments

  • Ford Model T BF 6332.JPG
    Ford Model T BF 6332.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Austin Seven RK Saloon DG 4165.JPG
    Austin Seven RK Saloon DG 4165.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 22

Jamesrob637

Established Member
Joined
12 Aug 2016
Messages
6,083
Near-miss for the older plates: there is a 51 plate Focus Ghia near me. About 190k miles at its last MOT according to the DVLA.
 

Sun Chariot

Established Member
Joined
16 Mar 2009
Messages
6,736
Location
2 miles and 50 years away from the Longmoor Milita
According to the Gov.uk website, this is a 1955 Austin A50 (1500cc engine). The A40 had a 1200cc engine. Both were Austin Cambridges
I'll try for a better-lit photo another day: that harsh shadow is another car at a communal parking area.
DVLA check has this Austin Cambridge as a 1962 model and a 1633cc engine.
@Western Lord do you know if the A50 had a 1600 engine? Or is this one a different A-series model?
 

Attachments

  • 20250901_171457.jpg
    20250901_171457.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 15
  • 20250901_171515.jpg
    20250901_171515.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:

telstarbox

Established Member
Joined
23 Jul 2010
Messages
6,386
Location
Wennington Crossovers
Paparazzi effort as I was parked - M reg Renault Espace. An absolute shed although there was an even boxier first generation!
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20250901_175332470.jpg
    PXL_20250901_175332470.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 57

Western Lord

Member
Joined
17 Mar 2014
Messages
1,065
I'll try for a better-lit photo another day: that harsh shadow is another car at a communal parking area.
DVLA check has this Austin Cambridge as a 1962 model and a 1633cc engine.
@Western Lord do you know if the A50 had a 1600 engine? Or is this one a different A-series model?
The BMC B series engine was a 1500 until 1962 when it was enlarged to 1622cc for the face-lifted Farina saloons. The A series engine was the smaller unit which ranged from 803cc to 1275cc during its life.
 

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Joined
18 Dec 2012
Messages
19,372
Location
Yorkshire
Paparazzi effort as I was parked - M reg Renault Espace. An absolute shed although there was an even boxier first generation!
That's a good find... The first gen is even rarer, but really does look like a "bread van". IIRC it was developed by Matra rather than in-house by Renault.
 

CarltonA

Member
Joined
22 Apr 2012
Messages
878
Location
Thames Valley
On a visit to the motor museum at Gaydon, I discovered they had the exact model of 1964 Vauxhall Viva in the same duck egg green that my parents had for a while. There was a van version called a Bedford Beagle.
Their previous car had been a VW Variant coupe. We had gone from the best car in the street to almost the crappiest, a horrid little noisy rust bucket.
 

stuu

Established Member
Joined
2 Sep 2011
Messages
3,774
I saw a standard B reg Mk3 Ford Escort the other day, not an XR3 or anything, from the appearance and the bloke driving it, it looked like it had been well cared for rather than restored at any point. Quite an achievement to keep one of them going
 

Top