• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Class 331 East:West unit swap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

reecestrains

Member
Joined
22 Aug 2023
Messages
384
Location
Leeds, West Yorkshire
The loco has returned to Derby, and I don't see anything up for tomorrow to get to Allerton or Skipton.

If there's no loco, the Skipton and Allerton runs will not go ahead tomorrow and all units won't be fully transferred by Monday.
 

Harvey B

Established Member
Joined
11 Mar 2019
Messages
1,241
The loco has returned to Derby, and I don't see anything up for tomorrow to get to Allerton or Skipton.

If there's no loco, the Skipton and Allerton runs will not go ahead tomorrow and all units won't be fully transferred by Monday.
Looks like Monday will be fun then I guess
 

Greybeard33

Established Member
Joined
18 Feb 2012
Messages
4,335
Location
Greater Manchester
The loco has returned to Derby, and I don't see anything up for tomorrow to get to Allerton or Skipton.

If there's no loco, the Skipton and Allerton runs will not go ahead tomorrow and all units won't be fully transferred by Monday.
Maybe they could borrow one of TPE's spare 68s instead. They are used to hauling CAF stock across the Pennines! :D
 

Greybeard33

Established Member
Joined
18 Feb 2012
Messages
4,335
Location
Greater Manchester
Looks like Monday will be fun then I guess
No sign of this moving: https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:K03332/2023-12-09/detailed

Bit of a concern considering that today is the last day that they can meet their target!
From the 319 thread:
Note: Northern has confirmed in an internal memo that 319s will continue to be used on an ad hoc basis until the 331 swaps are complete, so today isn't the final day afterall. Don't expect them to tell us when the final workings will be though!
I presume the remaining 319s will work some of the 331/1 diagrams on Monday.
 

xotGD

Established Member
Joined
4 Feb 2017
Messages
7,883
I see that 331107 is still active in Airedale today. Last time to se a 4 car?

112 on Doncaster services.
 

SimplyLlama

Member
Joined
11 Dec 2021
Messages
81
Location
Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
I see that 331107 is still active in Airedale today. Last time to se a 4 car?

112 on Doncaster services.
Considering today is the first day for the /0 diagrams, I’d imagine that similar to the 319s in the North West, that they will still be used when required. Although as previously mentioned, still no sign of any more 331 transfers!
 

reecestrains

Member
Joined
22 Aug 2023
Messages
384
Location
Leeds, West Yorkshire
I'd think the remaining five 4 cars as mentioned will still be used until they can be transferred. The 3 cars were used before the timetable change so I reckon the remaining 4 cars will still be used until they can get them over. There's still 101, 106, 107, 108 and 112 over here.
 

SCFC14

Member
Joined
1 Jan 2021
Messages
6
Location
Tameside
Keeping an eye on this from the Manchester end. From RTT this morning - 1st day of the new timetable, 331102, 105, 109, 110 & 111 are in use as well as 319361, 368, 372 & 385.

331101, 107 & 112 all in use in West Yorkshire.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

I might also add that 331001 to 004 & 008, 009 are all in use in West Yorkshire.

I presume 331103 & 104 are on Allerton (2 units allocated as exam each day) 106 & 108 nothing showing on RTT - Neville Hill?

331005 to 007 nothing showing on RTT.
 
Last edited:

xotGD

Established Member
Joined
4 Feb 2017
Messages
7,883
Well 331008 was full to bursting on 2S07, 0737 Skipton - Bradford, thanks to all of us refugees trying to get to Leeds.

Previously, this service was booked 333.

3 cars just don't cut it.
 

Jamesrob637

Established Member
Joined
12 Aug 2016
Messages
6,080
3-car doesn't bode well to get people (back) to the railway. An odd day when there's disruption or a fault with a unit may be borderline acceptable, but not every day.
 

reecestrains

Member
Joined
22 Aug 2023
Messages
384
Location
Leeds, West Yorkshire
When will the next swaps happen or are they leaving things as they are for now?
There's nothing down at the moment, so I'm presuming they're leaving things as they are for the moment. They'll come back to them and get them swapped, but it's just a matter of when.

Five 331/1's to go North West and one 331/0 to come to Yorkshire.
 

jonesy3001

Established Member
Joined
13 Jul 2009
Messages
3,317
Location
Otley, West Yorkshire
There's nothing down at the moment, so I'm presuming they're leaving things as they are for the moment. They'll come back to them and get them swapped, but it's just a matter of when.

Five 331/1's to go North West and one 331/0 to come to Yorkshire.
They'll probably wait til they have enough 323s transferred from WMT then carry on with the swaps supposed to be a couple transferring in the new year.
 

reecestrains

Member
Joined
22 Aug 2023
Messages
384
Location
Leeds, West Yorkshire
At least they've put a run down for this week... The question is, which of the five remaining 331/1's will be going over North West?

I see nothing down for Allerton-Neville Hill/Skipton as a loco is coming straight from Derby RTC.
 

3973EXL

Established Member
Joined
2 Feb 2017
Messages
2,741
 

reecestrains

Member
Joined
22 Aug 2023
Messages
384
Location
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Does anyone know which units are going today? I would've thought 101 and/or 112 as I think they're in Neville Hill.

107 I believe is up at Skipton (Not sure because RTT numbers were down on Tuesday and no movement since) and 106 and 108 are out and about in Airedale and set to pull into Neville Hill today, so possibly them too.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

The loco has set off from Derby a couple hours late, 106 and 108 are at Neville Hill now, so I reckon if anything goes, it's them two.

101 and 112 are now in Airedale, 107 I think is still at Skipton.
 
Last edited:

xotGD

Established Member
Joined
4 Feb 2017
Messages
7,883
108 is the unit, wonder if they'll be more moves before the christmas/new year period, can't see them moving 4 units tomorrow.
It all depends on whether the Allerton foreman has been naughty or nice.

In other news, 2H21 produced the booked 333 this morning. So the 3-car 331 issue was just a temporary thing before the new diagrams kicked in, by the look of it.
 

jonesy3001

Established Member
Joined
13 Jul 2009
Messages
3,317
Location
Otley, West Yorkshire
It all depends on whether the Allerton foreman has been naughty or nice.

In other news, 2H21 produced the booked 333 this morning. So the 3-car 331 issue was just a temporary thing before the new diagrams kicked in, by the look of it.
331007 is not in service today, so could be moving tomorrow, hopefully 107 will behave itself if it is booked to go to allerton.
Funnily enough 107 is due to go to neville hill after doing a ilkley run.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top