Ivo
Established Member
I didn't know if the Paddington service was considered InterCity or otherwise.
I don't think it matches the post-privatisation clue either.
I didn't know if the Paddington service was considered InterCity or otherwise.
How many male names begin with Leamington Spa?
Knew I should have said that before now :roll:
Didn't occur to me that it may have been VXC and not VWC :roll:
Just remembered that Thames/FGWLink also had a few Paddington services for a while, but these ended about the same time as the XC ones.
It's interesting to think that in the 1980s Leamington's only London service was effectively Crosscountry.
This station serves as a junction between one electrified route and one non-electrified route, although in practice no through running is made from the non-electrified route under normal circumstances. The electrified route is 4x more frequent than the other route, uses stock which has one extra car per set than the usual stock on the non-electrified route, and merges with two other electrified routes in the conurbation where this station lies.
Extra Clue: This station has three of the five letters in my first name in it, and also three from my user title - but how much, if any, overlap is there...?
Letters in IVO + STEPHEN = …?
Originally I thought Barnt Green but that's to far south.
Euxton(-whatever-the-name-is) — near M6.

Bidston?