• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Direct Rail Services Ltd Passenger Trains Test Runs (28th- 30th December 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I T S

Member
Joined
3 Jul 2010
Messages
576
has anyone got a photo of the DSBO cab's? For example 9712 before it went to NIR? Quite interested as the cab has been converted to a 111 Class layout...
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

12CSVT

Established Member
Joined
18 Aug 2010
Messages
2,611
The trial run is all set to start on Monday 9th - already it looks like Carlisle could be invaded by haulage bashers from all over the country at 06:00 Monday morning.
 

Blindtraveler

Established Member
Joined
28 Feb 2011
Messages
10,543
good for them too I say. Need to get some work in the area and sort out a cupple of positioning moves to go bash it myself!
 

The Planner

Veteran Member
Joined
15 Apr 2008
Messages
19,746
I can imagine the headlines now, "Sellafield workers unable to board train due to influx of enthusiasts".
 

12CSVT

Established Member
Joined
18 Aug 2010
Messages
2,611
It was the same when they used class 50s on the Rhymney commuters a few years ago.
 

Jdrowlands

Member
Joined
27 Apr 2011
Messages
182

And here are the ECS moves (you should show them on your site Tom ;)):

5Z20 moves from Carlisle Kingmoor:

Monday only: Kingmoor 0548, Caldew Jn 05/54, Carlisle 0556.
Tuesday to Friday: Kingmoor 0552, Caldew Jn 05/58, Carlisle 0600.

5T21 1539 Barrow Carriage Sidings to Sellafield

Barrow Carriage Sidings 1539
Barrow-in-Furness 1542-1552
Park South 15/59
Askam 16/03
Foxfield 16/10
Millom 16/17
Bootle 16/27
Sellafield 1645

5Z20 moves to Carlisle Kingmoor:

Monday and Thursday: Carlisle 1836, Caldew Jn 18/38, Kingmoor 1844.
Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday: Carlisle 1841, Caldew Jn 18/43, Kingmoor 1849.

Jacob.
 

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
31,129
Location
Redcar
I can imagine the headlines now, "Sellafield workers unable to board train due to influx of enthusiasts".

I have to admit that thought has crossed my mind and it would be very funny if it came to pass :lol:

Though I suppose not for the workers
 

theblackwatch

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2006
Messages
10,889
Somehow I doubt the trains will be inundated by enthusiasts - I recall a few years ago when 37s did Knaresborough-Leeds-Carlisle (which would have been much easier to get to than a train at 06.15 off Carlisle or 16.48 from Sellafield). There would be less than 10 enthusiasts on board on a lot of occasions.
 

142094

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2009
Messages
8,789
Location
Newcastle
Somehow I doubt the trains will be inundated by enthusiasts - I recall a few years ago when 37s did Knaresborough-Leeds-Carlisle (which would have been much easier to get to than a train at 06.15 off Carlisle or 16.48 from Sellafield). There would be less than 10 enthusiasts on board on a lot of occasions.

Probably be a bit of interest at the start but then slowly fade away Same happened when Workington North was up and running.
 

Blindtraveler

Established Member
Joined
28 Feb 2011
Messages
10,543
what stock did DRS use on that working? never got it.

Agree that workers shouldnt have too much bother using this as many although not all the bashers wil be vestibule vedge anyway
 

theblackwatch

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2006
Messages
10,889
DRS sed the Mk. 3 coaches which they owned at the time (now sold to DB Regio). The Sellafield specials will, at least initially, use the Anglia liveried vehicles from Riviera.
 

Blindtraveler

Established Member
Joined
28 Feb 2011
Messages
10,543
think opinion on those will be devided. Yes I personally like a good MK2 but know some dont and I only enjoy them during the day as have had too many nights on the Caly where the breaks or heating or A/C Have keep me awake! That aside its just great to see more loco action in passenger traffic.
 

Blindtraveler

Established Member
Joined
28 Feb 2011
Messages
10,543
as fellow forum member 4SRKT has said many times its a case of being clever with it!
 

scotsman

Established Member
Joined
6 Jul 2010
Messages
3,252
If you enjoy being decapitated in the Maryport area, then all power to this campaign.

It's a ridiculous rule and a pain the a*se for railtour operators. Cable ties on the ventilation windows, plus a Steward in every pair of vestibules. There's many similar sections of restricted clearance on the West Highland line, and I'm yet to hear of decapitations there, despite nothing to stop numpties doing it if they so wish
 

Hydro

Established Member
Joined
5 Mar 2007
Messages
2,204
It's a ridiculous rule and a pain the a*se for railtour operators. Cable ties on the ventilation windows, plus a Steward in every pair of vestibules. There's many similar sections of restricted clearance on the West Highland line, and I'm yet to hear of decapitations there, despite nothing to stop numpties doing it if they so wish

The WHL doesn't have special instructions, unlike the Cumbrian Coast line. Until such time the instructions are rescinded, then trains abide by that rule. I've worked under X headcodes on the Coast purely because the crew doors had droplights, but never had to on the WHL.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top