Newer version, yes, but the original series started in 1990."Who wants to be a millionaire" pre-dates "Masterchef" by about two years. The practice has just got worse and worse.
Newer version, yes, but the original series started in 1990."Who wants to be a millionaire" pre-dates "Masterchef" by about two years. The practice has just got worse and worse.
That's what I get for speed reading.Newer version, yes, but the original series started in 1990.
just had sprouts with my tea - yummy!Add my name to the League Against Sprouts list. Blergh!
How about car adverts generally ! (Actually no, they're preferable to the online gambling and erectile dysfunction ones !).
Yes, I've read about that sort of thing in the news !Regarding the erectile dysfunction ads, I recently saw the Numan one where near the end a chainsaw appears with a voice over "for when it stops working" or words more or less to that effect.
It does not fill me with much confidence if the chainsaw is implying to dismember yourself when a man's equipment does not function so well compared with 20 to 30 years previously.
The condiment police
Why should it be mustard on beef, apple sauce on pork, cranberry sauce with turkey? The correct answer is mint sauce - and lots of it - with everything
It doesn't help your cause when you use a word that should be banned.just had sprouts with my tea - yummy!
The condiment police
Why should it be mustard on beef, apple sauce on pork, cranberry sauce with turkey? The correct answer is mint sauce - and lots of it - with everything
Absolutely.
I frequently have mint sauce, horseradish sauce and mustard on the same meal (you need it to make vegetables edible !)
The condiment police
Why should it be mustard on beef, apple sauce on pork, cranberry sauce with turkey? The correct answer is mint sauce - and lots of it - with everything
On a similar theme, white wine with poultry. I love some poultry washed down with red wine!

Bleurgh!The condiment police
Why should it be mustard on beef, apple sauce on pork, cranberry sauce with turkey? The correct answer is mint sauce - and lots of it - with everything
By extension, you could offer to help the environment by not bothering till staff or self-service machines with your goods and just go 'do a Madeley (Richard of that ilk)', preferably with quantities of expensive booze. Extra Clubcard points if you can get away with this twice!Supermarkets that ask you if you want to help the environment by not taking a till receipt. This in a building that is chock-full of fluorescent lights, fridges and just about every possible electricity guzzling gadget.
I agree; I always thin my mint sauce down a bit in a larger jar although it took quite a bit of practice to get the proportions of malt vinegar and sugar to add to it correct. Second nature now.I'd ban lazy food combinations like drowning lamb in mint sauce with the consistency of tar. Store-bought mint sauce is truly the devil's caviar.
If it's just plain beetroot then no, I'd hate that. I can't stand plain beetroot. Pickled beetroot however is a good one - if you look past the bread looking like it has been stabbed.Mind you, my taste in food can be weird. The other day, I made a sliced beetroot sandwich and, as weird as it sounds, it was amazing!

If it's just plain beetroot then no, I'd hate that. I can't stand plain beetroot. Pickled beetroot however is a good one - if you look past the bread looking like it has been stabbed.![]()
I must admit that beetroot is one food that I ought to like but loathe. Perhaps it is because at school every Monday for six years lunch was spam, potatoes boiled in their jackets until the jacket falls off (they become all fluffy) and sliced beetroot, followed by semolina and jam. The amount of beetroot served was one thing I did not enjoy about my year in Sweden.
Black pudding ,just the thought of it makes me nauseous,must be like eating an artery !
Despite being a true southernerm, I agree, - I've liked black pudding since I was a child, especially as part of a fry-up. It can be difficult to get a decent BP down southas many of them seem to be treated as a tubular pate'. Morrisons are I presume 'Black Pudding suppliers to the Queen' as a northern supermarket with branches near to the English palaces, - theirs is usually better.Mmmm, a delicious artery !
Despite being a true southernerm, I agree, - I've liked black pudding since I was a child, especially as part of a fry-up. It can be difficult to get a decent BP down southas many of them seem to be treated as a tubular pate'. Morrisons are I presume 'Black Pudding suppliers to the Queen' as a northern supermarket with branches near to the English palaces, - theirs is usually better.
However true to London origins, I still like jellied eels, whelks, winkles (when they're around) and brawn - another 'difficult to get' thing.
Black pudding ,just the thought of it makes me nauseous,must be like eating an artery !
Similar to whoever came up with the idea of eating things like animal livers, hearts etc. What a disgusting idea, it's enough to make one weep for humanity...!