• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WMT - Trainee Driver (Talent Pool) - Crewe (11/07/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Joined
20 Dec 2022
Messages
114
Location
South
That's moved fast for you! I found I passed on 26th November but still heard nothing, unlikely to start on 3rd Feb now
Hi mate.

I’m with a diff TOC. Just for a bit of a heads up… I found out end of October about a Jan course. Things started moving mid November and everything is more or less finalised mid December.

You should be able to get everything done (paperwork, medical) done within 4 weeks. It’s your medical that is the longest part I found (appointment booking and results).
 

dommo2606

Member
Joined
24 Dec 2024
Messages
12
Location
Bletchley
Hi guys. Particularly about WMT, I understand they are enhanced. What sort of pass mark should be aimed for the group bourdon? Properly nervous for it. 2 weeks to go and want to go there as confident as possible. I know it’s been asked a million times but hoping to get some information for WMT in particular. Will keep everyone updated with my journey. Fingers crossed
 

choocho0

Member
Joined
5 Sep 2024
Messages
11
Location
Crewe
https://metodorf.com/tests/bourdon/group_bourdon.php I used that to prep for mine, do it daily until you familiarise yourself with the 4 dot patterns they are very similar in the paper based tests, aim for about 10 on the online adult test. paper one you'll be a lot faster as you can use your finger to follow the lines, but just remember your marked down for missed 4 dots per line and also incorrect mark which when I asked if noticed and corrected does it goes against overall mark, they said they couldn't say. just try ensure not to "rush" speed and accuracy are both important and they'll say that throughout all testing.

Long as you practice the material sent for the other tests to familiarise yourself with them it helps a lot, they aren't there to catch you out rather to ensure you have the ability they require for the role, just practice and practice, only sound advice I can give
 

dommo2606

Member
Joined
24 Dec 2024
Messages
12
Location
Bletchley
https://metodorf.com/tests/bourdon/group_bourdon.php I used that to prep for mine, do it daily until you familiarise yourself with the 4 dot patterns they are very similar in the paper based tests, aim for about 10 on the online adult test. paper one you'll be a lot faster as you can use your finger to follow the lines, but just remember your marked down for missed 4 dots per line and also incorrect mark which when I asked if noticed and corrected does it goes against overall mark, they said they couldn't say. just try ensure not to "rush" speed and accuracy are both important and they'll say that throughout all testing.

Long as you practice the material sent for the other tests to familiarise yourself with them it helps a lot, they aren't there to catch you out rather to ensure you have the ability they require for the role, just practice and practice, only sound advice I can give
Thank you for that. Going to practice like crazy. I know WMT are enhanced on their results and there’s no room for error. A long way to go yet but any advise for any of the tests are greatly appreciated

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Can anyone explain what the trp dials look like? What’s the best example to practice with? I know some of the practice material looks nothing like the real thing?
 
Last edited:

DaveChooChoo

Member
Joined
5 Nov 2024
Messages
19
Location
Crewe
I applied for this Train Driver Crewe 2024/25 (SYS-11214) on 17/08/24 back in August and haven’t received any email apart from the one saying thank you for your application. Would I get a rejection email?
 

choocho0

Member
Joined
5 Sep 2024
Messages
11
Location
Crewe
I think that intake has ran its course SYS-11214 was the same role I applied for. Best thing is to email recruitment but for myself it taken 2 days from having the confirmation of application being sent to receiving the online assessment. Hope this helps.
 

DaveChooChoo

Member
Joined
5 Nov 2024
Messages
19
Location
Crewe
I think that intake has ran its course SYS-11214 was the same role I applied for. Best thing is to email recruitment but for myself it taken 2 days from having the confirmation of application being sent to receiving the online assessment. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the info. I have emailed twice with no reply.
 

johnstan

Member
Joined
11 Oct 2022
Messages
7
Location
Stoke-on-Trent
Anybody else in the talent pool? Or if anybody has been in previously do you know how long I can expect to be here before offered a job?
 

NewChew

Member
Joined
26 Nov 2024
Messages
5
Location
Crewe
HI All


I have recently been given a start date for my training for WMT Crewe . So now i'm trying to plan ahead until i get settled in and used to everything.


So, anyone who has recently done the training I’m interested to know how your training schedule went. How long is the initial training phase and what are the hours? I know it starts at Birmingham 9-5 how many weeks is that for? When we move to our depot, do we go straight onto shifts at that point, or is it more mon-fri at that stage until we get allocated a trainer? How long did it take for you to be allocated a trainer where you were on their shift pattern until you got your hours in?


Also does anyone have a copy of the existing Crewe link, i have a rough idea based on previous comments on this forum but I’m curious to see it in details, start time/end time, how the it changes from one week to the next etc.


Thanks in advance for any replies.
 

eson001135

Member
Joined
17 Jul 2024
Messages
10
Location
England
HI All


I have recently been given a start date for my training for WMT Crewe . So now i'm trying to plan ahead until i get settled in and used to everything.


So, anyone who has recently done the training I’m interested to know how your training schedule went. How long is the initial training phase and what are the hours? I know it starts at Birmingham 9-5 how many weeks is that for? When we move to our depot, do we go straight onto shifts at that point, or is it more mon-fri at that stage until we get allocated a trainer? How long did it take for you to be allocated a trainer where you were on their shift pattern until you got your hours in?


Also does anyone have a copy of the existing Crewe link, i have a rough idea based on previous comments on this forum but I’m curious to see it in details, start time/end time, how the it changes from one week to the next etc.


Thanks in advance for any replies.

Classroom in Birmingham first, then you’ll have traction & depot courses which should be in Crewe.
Mainly Mon-Fri 8-4 for the first 4 months.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top