• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WMT - Trainee Driver (Talent Pool) - Crewe (11/07/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

qwerty10

Member
Joined
20 Jul 2024
Messages
16
Location
crewe
Hi Gaz think I was with you on the 29th I still haven’t heard anything back! Not looking good for me I don’t think xx

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Hey everyone hope all is well! I was at Crewe hall 29th August for assessments! Has anyone else heard anything they said 7-10 working days
Any news for you?
 

Danfilm007

Member
Joined
5 Jul 2015
Messages
330
I did stage 1 on the 3rd Sept, unfortunately got the email today saying I have been unsuccessful. :'(

Make sure you register with the OPC to get feedback. You should get a call within 2 weeks (but mine was a handful of days) and they will tell you what you passed or failed, and to what level.

I am sorry to hear that though, where do you think you went wrong?
 

STERB5138

New Member
Joined
21 Aug 2024
Messages
3
Location
Stoke-on-Trent
Sorry to hear this. Was this your first attempt?
Thank you, yes first attempt.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Make sure you register with the OPC to get feedback. You should get a call within 2 weeks (but mine was a handful of days) and they will tell you what you passed or failed, and to what level.

I am sorry to hear that though, where do you think you went wrong?
Thanks, I have sent an email to the OPC.

I think I messed up the Driver Fault finding test, but hopefully find out soon.
 
Last edited:

NSEWonderer

Established Member
Joined
5 Dec 2020
Messages
2,908
Location
London
Thank you, yes first attempt.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


Thanks, I have sent an email to the OPC.

I think I messed up the Driver Fault finding test, but hopefully find out soon.
If it was DFTT you've probably passed the main batch of paper tests which would mean for TOCs not using DFFT, you still have two lives.
 

Danfilm007

Member
Joined
5 Jul 2015
Messages
330
Thank you, yes first attempt.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


Thanks, I have sent an email to the OPC.

I think I messed up the Driver Fault finding test, but hopefully find out soon.
I thought I failed on my DFFT but I was clear in the end, it was my TEA OCC that I messed up on, but that was just a National pass so a silver lining!
 

CreswellSig

Member
Joined
17 May 2024
Messages
36
Location
Stockport
Is there anything that can be revised for day 2, or is it all just computer programmes?
When I did stage 2, I found that the information in the practice materials was enough to know what to expect. So make sure you read everything in there

The only advice I would give is for the 2Hand Co-ordination Test is that the joysticks are very sensitive, but you get to practice first so you can find what works best for you. Also don't worry if you lose control, just get back onto the lines and keep going.

I just revised different work experience scenarios for questions that could be asked for the MMI
 

L0utrain

Member
Joined
27 Aug 2024
Messages
12
Location
Derby
Hi everyone, I’ve been following this thread for a while but yet to post.

I applied when the deadline was extended. So I applied around August 15th 2024. I got an email receipt saying they received it and good luck.

How long did people have to wait to get a response for the SJT? Checking my emails and spam folders regularly throughout the day is driving me mad haha.

Surely they extended the deadline because not enough people applied maybe?
 

MattyD1

New Member
Joined
31 Aug 2024
Messages
3
Location
Widnes
Hi everyone, I’ve been following this thread for a while but yet to post.

I applied when the deadline was extended. So I applied around August 15th 2024. I got an email receipt saying they received it and good luck.

How long did people have to wait to get a response for the SJT? Checking my emails and spam folders regularly throughout the day is driving me mad haha.

Surely they extended the deadline because not enough people applied maybe?
I'm in the same boat mate. I applied on the 17th of August and haven't heard anything yet.
 

davids86

Member
Joined
6 Sep 2024
Messages
29
Location
Crewe
I've just done my stage 2 today. 4 out of 5 of us passed the tests and done the MMI, now just waiting to hear back about the MMI. They kept me in there for over 1.5h... don't know if that's good or bad though, hard to get anything from their reactions lol. Back to the waiting game now
 

qwerty10

Member
Joined
20 Jul 2024
Messages
16
Location
crewe
I've just done my stage 2 today. 4 out of 5 of us passed the tests and done the MMI, now just waiting to hear back about the MMI. They kept me in there for over 1.5h... don't know if that's good or bad though, hard to get anything from their reactions lol. Back to the waiting game now
Will you hear back today?
 

gazgareth

Member
Joined
11 Jan 2024
Messages
53
Location
Staffordshire
I've just done my stage 2 today. 4 out of 5 of us passed the tests and done the MMI, now just waiting to hear back about the MMI. They kept me in there for over 1.5h... don't know if that's good or bad though, hard to get anything from their reactions lol. Back to the waiting game now


How many tests are there on the day please? Sounds a but brutal, do they just tell you to go home if you fail one then?

What time did you finally get to leave?
 

davids86

Member
Joined
6 Sep 2024
Messages
29
Location
Crewe
There are 3 computerised tests, one after the other, which takes about an hour, then short SJT that apparently defines how your MMI will look. Then you'll get a form with 6 pre interview questions to fill in and then after that they'll score all of them 3 tests and after about 15 minutes they'll either tell you to go home or stay for the interview. The interview then depends on the order you'll be chosen to go in and can last anywhere between 1-1.5h. I was the unlucky one and had to wait for the first group to finish than they had lunch etc and told me to come back at 1.45pm. I have left the place at 3.45pm. So basically you can leave anywhere between 11am and 4/5pm
 

gazgareth

Member
Joined
11 Jan 2024
Messages
53
Location
Staffordshire
There are 3 computerised tests, one after the other, which takes about an hour, then short SJT that apparently defines how your MMI will look. Then you'll get a form with 6 pre interview questions to fill in and then after that they'll score all of them 3 tests and after about 15 minutes they'll either tell you to go home or stay for the interview. The interview then depends on the order you'll be chosen to go in and can last anywhere between 1-1.5h. I was the unlucky one and had to wait for the first group to finish than they had lunch etc and told me to come back at 1.45pm. I have left the place at 3.45pm. So basically you can leave anywhere between 11am and 4/5pm
Brill thanks. I'd be a bit embarrassed to be told to leave in front of everyone.
 

davids86

Member
Joined
6 Sep 2024
Messages
29
Location
Crewe
First of all, there's nothing to be embarrassed about, you can only give it your best try. And to be fair they did take the guy to one of the offices with them to let him know privately that he failed and what he failed on. At first we all thought that means it's the other way round and that he passed we all failed
 

choocho0

Member
Joined
5 Sep 2024
Messages
11
Location
Crewe
find out in 7-10 days could go either way, the computerised tests weren't too bad but in the vigilance test, your mind does start trying to trick you when the shades start changing but the black is obvious.
MMI I'm unsure of, guess will find out in due time.
 

qwerty10

Member
Joined
20 Jul 2024
Messages
16
Location
crewe
find out in 7-10 days could go either way, the computerised tests weren't too bad but in the vigilance test, your mind does start trying to trick you when the shades start changing but the black is obvious.
MMI I'm unsure of, guess will find out in due time.
All make it to the MMI though? Good to hear, was it a grilling in the MMI?
 

gazgareth

Member
Joined
11 Jan 2024
Messages
53
Location
Staffordshire
How did you all get on today?
I changed my mind and pulled out. Wish you all luck, my heart was never in it and just decided it wasn't for me. Realistically, if I got through, couldn't afford the pay cut on top of travelling to Crewe for a year training.

Good luck all.
 

davids86

Member
Joined
6 Sep 2024
Messages
29
Location
Crewe
Not yet. But they've sent me an email asking for my phone number so they could ring me and provide with verbal feedback. So hopefully I can take it on board and be better prepared next time. By the way, anyone knows how it works when I've failed and I'd like to have a restest again in 6 months with the same TOC? Do I need to wait for a vacancy to be available or do I just get in touch with them after 6 months to arrange a retest?
 

Danfilm007

Member
Joined
5 Jul 2015
Messages
330
Not yet. But they've sent me an email asking for my phone number so they could ring me and provide with verbal feedback. So hopefully I can take it on board and be better prepared next time. By the way, anyone knows how it works when I've failed and I'd like to have a restest again in 6 months with the same TOC? Do I need to wait for a vacancy to be available or do I just get in touch with them after 6 months to arrange a retest?

You would need to wait until they have a vacancy for you to apply again
 

davids86

Member
Joined
6 Sep 2024
Messages
29
Location
Crewe
That's what I thought... or apply to a different TOC...

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Just had a phone call from OPC which tbh really got me thinking that what a lot of people are saying here about them or in reviews on Google etc are true... first thing is that like many others previously I have of course failed on one question out of six... and obviously they won't give you any more details on why is that exactly... and it's a question I really feel like I've given a strong example... another thing that got me thinking is that I'm 99% sure that like someone elses situation I've read about, when she was going through all the questions with me she read me a question that wasn't even a part of my MMI... and after all that she instantly started talking about me coming back for a retest etc...
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top