• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Winter of discontent for FCC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon0844

Veteran Member
Joined
1 Feb 2009
Messages
30,947
Location
UK
It's good to see it's back, but it was definitely gone before - but it was therefore most likely on account of the new website launching and it having to be ported over. Seems they run their website like the new CIS - doing it bit by bit!

Nevertheless, they better try harder if they do any more in the future.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
Joined
20 Oct 2008
Messages
5,754
Location
Essex
It's good to see it's back, but it was definitely gone before - but it was therefore most likely on account of the new website launching and it having to be ported over. Seems they run their website like the new CIS - doing it bit by bit!

Nevertheless, they better try harder if they do any more in the future.

Yes, I am reading some of your questions now. In between Peter Skuce demanding answers as to why 319444 (or a number like that!) has no armrests.
 

Aictos

Established Member
Joined
28 Apr 2009
Messages
10,403
Questions which aren't of great importance to the general public who just want to know answers regarding their services from A to B, why it affects them and what FCC is doing about it.

Yes some questions are important like the cascade of 321s but asking why one train hasn't armrests is a joke.

He seems to have a good relationship with FCC so why not just ask offline?
 

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
Joined
20 Oct 2008
Messages
5,754
Location
Essex
His most pointless question was a statement saying that he had taken photos of a refurbishment and linked them to his Fotopic. They politely said they may rate his photos later! :lol:
 

jon0844

Veteran Member
Joined
1 Feb 2009
Messages
30,947
Location
UK
I hope my questions were polite and relevant to many more passengers than just myself. On the most recent one I actually said how disappointed I was with them and how they didn't answer things, and they didn't really answer that either!

Just so you know, there's me (Jonathan Morris) and also a Mr J Morris that used to attack FCC (and in particular Elaine) and was NOT me - he used to say outrageous things and just moan about everything (yes, even more than me!). Luckily, they could check email/IP addresses and knew that.
 

Aictos

Established Member
Joined
28 Apr 2009
Messages
10,403
I hope my questions were polite and relevant to many more passengers than just myself. On the most recent one I actually said how disappointed I was with them and how they didn't answer things, and they didn't really answer that either!

Just so you know, there's me (Jonathan Morris) and also a Mr J Morris that used to attack FCC (and in particular Elaine) and was NOT me - he used to say outrageous things and just moan about everything (yes, even more than me!). Luckily, they could check email/IP addresses and knew that.

Yep, he was infamous I think the majority of your questions IF I'm right was more to do with ticketing and CIS which are valid queries and what I would have expected to see on any TOC's web forum other then I took some photos of your recent refurbishment which isn't that important and what really ought to be discussed offline.

I know there was some bloke who used to moan that the Hertford Loop got a better service then the Welwyn route, conveniently forgetting that the Welwyn route at Welwyn GC has a regular hourly service during the weekday to both Cambridge and Peterborough while the majority of the Hertford services only go as far as Letchworth or Stevenage with a single service to Cambridge and from Peterborough .

While I would certainly love to alternate the slow Cambridges and Peterbroughs via Hertford and Welwyn GC, I realise it's not likely to happen anytime soon which is a pity as it would have opened up even more destinations to both routes.

Still, your point that the forums had changed for the worse was noted by more then one person, although as FCC has a decent MD at the helm so fingers cross the next forum will actually be more proactive then it's recent history which does leave a lot to be desired which is my view regardless of whom the operator was.
 

obladonk

Member
Joined
17 Aug 2010
Messages
5
Location
Stevenage
Don't think it's been reported elsewhere yet but it looks like the discontent has already started. One of my friends was on his way to work on thursday when his 365 grinded to a halt on one of the points between Peterborough and Huntingdon resulting in both up lines being closed. Apparently the unit had ceased up and they were stuck with no power for a couple of hours. The unit couldn't be dragged as it would have caused more damage plus damage to the motors of the rescuing unit. They were eventually rescued by another unit pulling up along side and having to jump across. Don't know how the failed unit got eventually moved........well I'm assuming it's not still there :)
 

Aictos

Established Member
Joined
28 Apr 2009
Messages
10,403
Don't think it's been reported elsewhere yet but it looks like the discontent has already started. One of my friends was on his way to work on thursday when his 365 grinded to a halt on one of the points between Peterborough and Huntingdon resulting in both up lines being closed. Apparently the unit had ceased up and they were stuck with no power for a couple of hours. The unit couldn't be dragged as it would have caused more damage plus damage to the motors of the rescuing unit. They were eventually rescued by another unit pulling up along side and having to jump across. Don't know how the failed unit got eventually moved........well I'm assuming it's not still there :)

I heard something had happened at Connington but wasn't sure on the details as enjoying a week away from work, :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top