• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wheelchair passenger not allowed to board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tonyaran

Member
Joined
29 Aug 2010
Messages
93
yes, but he types sense, doesnt make up pure rubbish, and sounds like at top bloke, once more my friend, you are the polar opposite

Then why dont you bring him to Manchester tonight. I hear there is a Gay Pride festival on too.
 

jon0844

Veteran Member
Joined
1 Feb 2009
Messages
30,941
Location
UK
I will not answer any questions put by you. I have just found out that you are the guard's eldest son.

I don't get it. Is that a joke?

If you really think that and tell anyone that, then it really does say what lengths you'll go to to lie and deceive.

And no, I'm not the son of the guard who I don't know. I will however be asking a few questions of my dad, who is Welsh and lives in Hertfordshire, what's going on!

Then why dont you bring him to Manchester tonight. I hear there is a Gay Pride festival on too.

I don't even know where to begin with that one.
 

NRWUser

Member
Joined
29 Aug 2010
Messages
7
I have revealed this information before on DS. Troll your way through it. This was when getting out at Guide Bridge. Hist 'but last time' must be a reference to someone else, not me. And your last paragraph is incorrect.

So the guard has struggled with the ramp, and yourself, getting off a train at Guide Bridge? Is that correct?
 

GB

Established Member
Joined
16 Nov 2008
Messages
6,562
Location
Somewhere
And I am telling you he is the guard's eldest son and he is using his middle name Anvil.

A few posts ago you were saying Jonmorris was his son, now its Anvil? Which is it?

Originally Posted by jonmorris0844:
That would have been potentially very dangerous. Might this be a reason that it will never be allowed to happen again? Let's imagine that a guard might say something along the lines of 'last time'... referring to this.

Then posted by tonyaryan:
I will not answer any questions put by you. I have just found out that you are the guard's eldest son.
 

theblackwatch

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2006
Messages
10,889
At this rate I suspect that today we may break the record for the highest number of posts on the forum in a single day! I've only skimmed through the thread but there was one comment which caught my attention (post 259).

And that is all I have to say on this matter.
 

tonyaran

Member
Joined
29 Aug 2010
Messages
93
I don't get it. Is that a joke?

If you really think that and tell anyone that, then it really does say what lengths you'll go to to lie and deceive.

And no, I'm not the son of the guard who I don't know. I will however be asking a few questions of my dad, who is Welsh and lives in Hertfordshire, what's going on!



I don't even know where to begin with that one.

Am talking aboout Anvil.
 

jon0844

Veteran Member
Joined
1 Feb 2009
Messages
30,941
Location
UK
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Sorry, I think I just wet myself reading that!!

Jonmorris was being sarcastic to another poster when he said the guard was his father!

Actually I said the DRIVER was my father - not the guard. But, yes, it was a joke!

Anyway, by the sound of it - the guard has many kids!

I'm gutted that I've got to go out now - and will come back too drunk to post (and I hope I don't try to!). I'll have a lot to read in the morning. LOL!
 

ukrob

Established Member
Joined
15 Jan 2009
Messages
1,810
So you have accused two people of being the guards eldest son, and are now inferring that he would like to go to Gay Pride - have I got that right?
 

jimrbrobinson

Member
Joined
6 Jun 2010
Messages
257
Location
Astley, Tyldesley, Lancashire
Actually I said the DRIVER was my father - not the guard. But, yes, it was a joke!

Anyway, by the sound of it - the guard has many kids!

I'm gutted that I've got to go out now - and will come back too drunk to post (and I hope I don't try to!). I'll have a lot to read in the morning. LOL!

I'm waiting to find out if I'm one too - my Mam and Dad'll have some explaining to do then!!!! :lol:
 

NRWUser

Member
Joined
29 Aug 2010
Messages
7
So 'a' guard has struggled. Not 'the' guard.

Ok so a different guard struggled to get you off a train at guide bridge using a ramp. Can you tell more about what happened? Was it the same type of train that you couldn't board last Saturday?
 

tonyaran

Member
Joined
29 Aug 2010
Messages
93
To stop the longer ramp from bending so much.

So if you use them as you say so then it can be possible to disembark at Guide Bridge? If yes, then why did he refuse to carry me? There you go, you have totally ruined any chances of an argument the guard could have made.
 

Geezertronic

Established Member
Joined
14 Apr 2009
Messages
4,125
Location
Birmingham
This is turning into a classic now. I do hope the media are reading this and decide the right thing to do is to turn on this TonyaRyan or whatever his real name is because he certainly deserves it :D

And whether Anvil is the guards son or not, he has as much right to post here as the rest of us. Priceless though - Anvil is your username so you must be the guards son :D
 

Zoidberg

Established Member
Joined
27 Aug 2010
Messages
1,270
Location
West Midlands
Actually I said the DRIVER was my father - not the guard. But, yes, it was a joke!

Anyway, by the sound of it - the guard has many kids!

I'm gutted that I've got to go out now - and will come back too drunk to post (and I hope I don't try to!). I'll have a lot to read in the morning. LOL!


I will own up to being the grandson of a Station Inspector (Edinburgh Waverley - early '60s). I am not sure to what extent, if any, that helps.
 

Lampshade

Established Member
Joined
3 Sep 2009
Messages
3,778
Location
South London
So if you use them as you say so then it can be possible to disembark at Guide Bridge? If yes, then why did he refuse to carry me? There you go, you have totally ruined any chances of an argument the guard could have made.

URGH!!!!

Platform 1 at Guide Bridge cannot support the longer ramp as it (the platform) is too narrow, we have established this time and time again.
 

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
Joined
20 Oct 2008
Messages
5,754
Location
Essex
So if you use them as you say so then it can be possible to disembark at Guide Bridge? If yes, then why did he refuse to carry me? There you go, you have totally ruined any chances of an argument the guard could have made.

Did I say that? No. Please don't try and change the meanings of posts. You asked about the operations of the two ramps generally, I answered generally. I never mentioned anything about Guide Bridge or the case in question.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I will own up to being the grandson of a Station Inspector (Edinburgh Waverley - early '60s). I am not sure to what extent, if any, that helps.

I can provide my family tree on request?
 

tonyaran

Member
Joined
29 Aug 2010
Messages
93
Did I say that? No. Please don't try and change the meanings of posts. You asked about the operations of the two ramps generally, I answered generally. I never mentioned anything about Guide Bridge or the case in question.

So why could then two-ramp systm not be used at Guide Bridge for my journey?
 

ukrob

Established Member
Joined
15 Jan 2009
Messages
1,810
URGH!!!!

Platform 1 at Guide Bridge cannot support the longer ramp as it (the platform) is too narrow, we have established this time and time again.

Obviously with that background you are far too involved to be unbiased ;)
 

jimrbrobinson

Member
Joined
6 Jun 2010
Messages
257
Location
Astley, Tyldesley, Lancashire
So if you use them as you say so then it can be possible to disembark at Guide Bridge? If yes, then why did he refuse to carry me? There you go, you have totally ruined any chances of an argument the guard could have made.

No because as has already been stated here and on the DS forum, the long ramp is too long for the platform at Guide Bridge on the side coming in from Manchester. The bottom of the ramp reaches too close a wall for you to safely exit the ramp at the bottom.
 

sidmouth

Member
Joined
11 Aug 2010
Messages
197
Location
Peterborough
Mr k replies that he has used a similar train to Rose Hill, in response to repeated requests on whether he has used a 142 to Guide Bridge. Ergo he has not previously used such a train to GB (otherwise he would have said so).
I therefore assume the guard politely said he couldn't use that particular train, but that there would be one in 12min.
It therefore appears k took exception and started filming.
To be honest I would have reacted (as an reasonable person) exactly like the guard and walked away (particularly if the word please had been used with such inflection), so as to diffuse the situation.
I take exception to k playing the disabled discrimination card, and has inadvertently rolled back his cause.
Ps Mr k I am not a "railway man, but am just saddened by your antics.
Pps I am afraid I would now expect you to be prosecuted for filming on private property and subsequently publishing without written consent.
Ppps apologies to other posters if I have said what has been said / repeated what has been said before but just cannot believe K's arrogance and self righteousness.
 

ukrob

Established Member
Joined
15 Jan 2009
Messages
1,810
So why could then two-ramp systm not be used at Guide Bridge for my journey?

Are you trolling or genuinely a bit thick? That has been answered time and time again, and you have the audacity to tell other people not to ask questions that have already been answered.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top