There's little incentive for BP, Shell etc to offer cheap electricity that makes petrol and diesel look expensive. I have read that some places are now doing 50% discounts (but this is only what I've read; no specific examples or locations were stated) where there are numerous sites nearby and competition is starting to happen - presumably as nobody wants their newly installed chargers not making ANY money.
Prices will come down as more and more charging points are installed, or the expensive ones will sit unused as people shop around. With many EVs (and likely all new ones) coming with navigation software that routes via chargers based on your personalised criteria, it's easier than ever to avoid the mickey takers.
I do like the idea of being billed at home, perhaps with a moderate convenience fee, when using some chargers as this could help solve the issue of not having your own parking space/driveway.
Prices will come down as more and more charging points are installed, or the expensive ones will sit unused as people shop around. With many EVs (and likely all new ones) coming with navigation software that routes via chargers based on your personalised criteria, it's easier than ever to avoid the mickey takers.
I do like the idea of being billed at home, perhaps with a moderate convenience fee, when using some chargers as this could help solve the issue of not having your own parking space/driveway.