Going back to the original thread about the TV programme: the general consensus on here seemed to be that the second and third episodes were interesting and informative, the first perhaps less so. But looking at it from the perspective of a general viewer, even one who commutes in the areas served or who is an occasional traveller, I do wonder whether the programmes gave a slightly rose-tinted view of how things will actually be when Crossrail opens. The programmes were only concerned with the new-build, exciting and challenging enough, but not to really mention the bulk of the route(s) may have left the impression with some that new stations were being created right out to Reading (o.k., I know that is the exception) and Shenfield with new FAST (my emphasis) trains to whizz them to the central section, like the Paris RER, whereas, as far as I can gather, there are no plans for anything other than all-stations services.
,
Please correct me if I am wrong, and I'll pre-empt some comments by agreeing there was never anything said to suggest anything about fast services, but a bit like Sherlock Holmes and dogs in the night, it was what wasn't said.
As a relative newbie, this has probably been covered many times before on old threads, but are there really no plans to run any services not calling at Maryland, West Ealing or Plumstead to name but three? If not, I suspect there may have to be a re-think once services start - for instance, after Shenfield, just Brentwood, Romford and Ilford before Stratford.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Just to make myself clear, I was suggesting some fast ones as well as the 'stoppers'.