TreacleMiller
Member
Just had the same email. Very happy at moment.
Chances are you’ll need to attend and they’ll tell you on the day what you do or don’t need to pass. For you, it’ll be a water journey. Seems strange but that’s how they did it with me and others attending on the same day (others here have mentioned it too). I had two to do as my passes at the time weren’t enhanced, so it wasn’t an entirely wasted journey, and to be honest it was a pleasant surprise as I was naive to the process at the timeHi Guys, I’ve just had an email through inviting me to the OPC for assessments. I’ve already completed these to enhanced standard in January. Could they have made a mistake or will I need to resist all the tests again? Thanks in advance
Chances are you’ll need to attend and they’ll tell you on the day what you do or don’t need to pass. For you, it’ll be a water journey. Seems strange but that’s how they did it with me and others attending on the same day (others here have mentioned it too). I had two to do as my passes at the time weren’t enhanced, so it wasn’t an entirely wasted journey, and to be honest it was a pleasant surprise as I was naive to the process at the time.
Is this for the Sheffield positions or Liverpool?
It’s unlikely you’ll have to retake the tests, but if you fail any element then unfortunately yes, they supersede the ones you passed. If you just failed to meet the enhanced standard again, I’m honestly not sure whether you will still be able to use your previous enhanced scores? It’s unlikely this happening would erase all the results though as that’s like an added thing if that makes sense?Thanks Stigy. At least this one is in Sheffield. Last one I attended was down in London so I’m happy about that. One question if I have already passed everything but still need to take the tests for them and somehow manage to fail them. Do they supersede my already passed marks?
Last time I applied I got invited to sit the assessments. I had already passed them to the enhanced standard required by DRS so got in touch with TPE however had no response as to whether I should attend. I phoned the OPC to verify whether I needed to attend. The guy at the OPC said looking at my results I had met the standard required by TPE and needn't attend and that TPE should be aware of this and was surprised they hadn't let me know. Having informed TPE and got clarification from the OPC I did not attend the assessment centre, and later got invited for an interview. Hope this helps.
Did you definitely reach the enhanced standard on it? I had to do it for Freightliner as I only had standard pass on the one I did previously.Evening guys. Update on my scenario, I’ve had an email back to say the only test I need to do is the group bourdon but I can’t work out why as I passed this to enhanced with the other tests I do. Has anyone else had this?
Did you definitely reach the enhanced standard on it? I had to do it for Freightliner as I only had standard pass on the one I did previously.
TOCs that use enhanced don't all have the same level of enhanced according to the OPC. Whereas standard is national for all TOCs/FOCs, an enhanced pass is set by each individual operator. So you could pass to enhanced standard for TOC A, but not meet TOC Bs
TOCs that use enhanced don't all have the same level of enhanced according to the OPC. Whereas standard is national for all TOCs/FOCs, an enhanced pass is set by each individual operator. So you could pass to enhanced standard for TOC A, but not meet TOC Bs
do TPE require enhanced for all parts of the psychometrics?
I think everyone so far is Sheffield. I am in for Liverpool.
Has anyone heard back from Liverpool?
I am in for Liverpool but am yet to hear anythingHi Manda2194,
I have heard back regarding Liverpool. Assessment booked for early sept.
fingers crossed you have too?
all the best
TT
I am in for Liverpool but am yet to hear anything
I've just logged into the My application page and nothing has been updated. It doesnt say end of process nor has there been any recent emails. I take it if people are getting called in for assessment its game over for me.
Mine hasn't updated either but does give me the option to withdraw application so I presume it's still liveI've just logged into the My application page and nothing has been updated. It doesnt say end of process nor has there been any recent emails. I take it if people are getting called in for assessment its game over for me.
Hi Manda2194,
I have heard back regarding Liverpool. Assessment booked for early sept.
fingers crossed you have too?
all the best
TT