But unless they consistently do it, no-one will know. The customer is unlikely to be believed over an RPI, sadly, and the RPIs know this. The RPI who mistreated jonmorris0844 is still employed by FCC. I have no confidence whatsoever in the ability of the TOCs to weed out such RPIs, let alone get them prosecuted!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Perhaps the guards with that attitude on TOCs such as XC transferred from elsewhere and old habits die hard, although you have to question how they got the job!
I witnessed someone get a hard time off a TPE guard, despite asking for a ticket before the guard even said anything to him and having the money in his hand, I so wanted to have words with the TPE guard but I was with other people and it wasn't really convenient. I felt bad for allowing the customer to be mistreated. It does happen, there are some guards out there who really are in the wrong job.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Yes, I agree. It's rare on TOCs like TPE, XC, EC etc who have a policy of allowing undiscounted Anytime tickets to be bought on board, although more common on TOCs who have PF schemes who do not allow purchasing on board.I never understand why TM's take that attitude....
Perhaps the guards with that attitude on TOCs such as XC transferred from elsewhere and old habits die hard, although you have to question how they got the job!
I witnessed someone get a hard time off a TPE guard, despite asking for a ticket before the guard even said anything to him and having the money in his hand, I so wanted to have words with the TPE guard but I was with other people and it wasn't really convenient. I felt bad for allowing the customer to be mistreated. It does happen, there are some guards out there who really are in the wrong job.