• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Transport Game (UK)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

James Wake

Member
Joined
30 Aug 2013
Messages
962
I've sent a PM to a quizmaster as it seems my move 3149 was missed, just seeking clarification. I will post a further move from Horsham if I have made a mistake.
 

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Joined
17 Apr 2011
Messages
35,475
Location
A typical commuter-belt part of north-west England
It comes down to the community to point out any rule breaches, however this shouldn't hold up game play and it may not be necessary to return to the previous post, especially where there has been more than five moves (or 24 hours has elapsed) since the posting in question..

It looks like you just noticed in time to conform to this section of the rules with regard to the number of following postings made after yours.
 
Last edited:

bnsf734

Member
Joined
15 Oct 2007
Messages
650
Location
Nuneaton
I was the person who posted move #3150 - when I posted my journey there was no sign of post #3149 on my screen. If there was then I would have taken it into account.

I can edit my move #3150 to take the other move into account then we can go from there?
 
Last edited:

Trainfan344

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2012
Messages
2,305
I was the person who posted move #3150 - when I posted my journey there was no sign of post #3149 on my screen. If there was then I would have taken it into account.

I can edit my move #3150 to take the other move into account then we can go from there?

Just post another move would be simpler and strike #3150 through.
 

bnsf734

Member
Joined
15 Oct 2007
Messages
650
Location
Nuneaton
Incidently the Metrobus service 200 actually serves Langley Green Parade

I assume this is the Langley Parade mentioned, just in case anybody is looking for Langley Parade.

Sorry to have broken the game, hope we can resume soon although I wont be back online until Friday afternoon once I return from Peterborough.
 
Last edited:

James Wake

Member
Joined
30 Aug 2013
Messages
962
Incidently the Metrobus service 200 actually serves Langley Green Parade

I assume this is the Langley Parade mentioned, just in case anybody is looking for Langley Parade.

Yes it is, the bus stop is referred to as both for some reason.
 

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Messages
7,040
Location
Gloucester
Right folks,

Apologies if this causes controversy, but I'm going to take matters into my own hands.

Obviously there has been a bit of a delay with recent events on here, and the latest post was made by me (#3152), which took us to Horsham.

Although of course James made a post (#3149) which was missed, which took us to Langley Green:

We next board the 2013 Metrobus service 200 to Langley Parade, arriving at 2018 on Friday evening.

Although the Quizmasters have been contacted about this issue, they have stated the following:

transportphoto said:
It comes down to the community to point out any rule breaches, however this shouldn't hold up game play.

As a result, I'm going to continue from Langley Green.

We then board the 2119 Metrobus service 4 to Three Bridges (Railway Station), arriving there at 2134 on Friday evening.

From there, perhaps we could go to Horsham, and then continue from my original post at #3152, if timings are right? That way, no post has been missed out?

Does everyone agree with this?
 

dzug2

Member
Joined
5 Feb 2011
Messages
867
Well there's a 2148 Southern train to Horsham, arriving at 2200 Friday evening. So yes we should take it.
 

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Messages
7,040
Location
Gloucester
Well there's a 2148 Southern train to Horsham, arriving at 2200 Friday evening. So yes we should take it.

That works out well as my original posting on train 2C49 (#3152) arrived at Horsham at 2222, so we're only twenty minutes or so out of time now.
 

Trainfan344

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2012
Messages
2,305
Quickly moving on, we board the 22:20 Southern Service to Gatwick Airport arriving there at 22:37 Friday Evening
 

dzug2

Member
Joined
5 Feb 2011
Messages
867
We decide on a coach ride and take National Express 230 at 2345 and travel to Nottingham Broad Marsh Bus Station, arriving at 0430 Saturday morning
 

trentside

Established Member
Joined
14 Aug 2010
Messages
3,391
Location
Messroom
We then board the 0448 TrentBarton Skylink service to Long Eaton, Green - where we arrive at 0510 on Saturday morning.
 

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Messages
7,040
Location
Gloucester
Trent Barton's route names really get on my nut! What is 'swift' and 'indigo' about?!

Anyway, moving on, we then board the 0930 High Peak service 441 to Buxton (Market Place), arriving there at 1012 on Saturday morning.
 

bnsf734

Member
Joined
15 Oct 2007
Messages
650
Location
Nuneaton
After a brief break we get on the Wardle Transport X15 service departing at 1104 and alight at Leek Bus Station where we arrive at 1127 on Saturday morning
 
Last edited:

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Messages
7,040
Location
Gloucester
We can only walk around the corner to the Hoftens Cross bus stop and return on the 1252 Aimee's Travel service 108 to Leek (Bus Station), arriving there at 1320 on Saturday afternoon.
 

bnsf734

Member
Joined
15 Oct 2007
Messages
650
Location
Nuneaton
We then board the 1335 Taxico service 109 to Macclesfield Bus Station where we arrive at 1425 on Saturday afternoon.
 
Last edited:

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Joined
17 Apr 2011
Messages
35,475
Location
A typical commuter-belt part of north-west England
We then board the 1335 Taxico service to Macclesfield Bus Station where we arrive at 1425 on Saturday afternoon.

I take it this is the number 109 service? You are in in my "home patch" here...(well, as near that I will admit to Prestbury being anywhere near to Macclesfield).
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
**************************************************************************************************

We next board the 1500 Vale of Llangollen (yes this is the correct name) service 27 to Knutsford (Bexton Road bus station) that arrives there at 1534 on Saturday afternoon.
 
Last edited:

bnsf734

Member
Joined
15 Oct 2007
Messages
650
Location
Nuneaton
Sorry - I did mean the service 109. Post edited accordingly!

For our next move we take the GHA Coaches service 88 from Knutsford Bus Station and alight at Knolls Green,Bird in Hand where we arrive at 1628 on Saturday afternoon.

Incidentally I have just found the Onbus.info site for tonights moves and have been having a play around with it - looks quite good.
 
Last edited:

Trainfan344

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2012
Messages
2,305
Using the onbus.info site, we find ourselfs on the 18:05 Arriva North West service 18 to Altrincham Interchange (Nr Train Station) arriving there at 18:10 Saturday Afternoon.
 

Top