• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Royal Duchy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewRead

On Moderation
Joined
21 Nov 2014
Messages
1,643
Location
West london
This railtour keeps getting cancelled I was planning to see it on 13th August and it's been cancelled again as I had intended seeing it last year and it was cancelled why is this happening??:-x
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
Joined
25 Mar 2010
Messages
1,778
Location
Newport, South Wales
I can't say why it's being cancelled, but there are four alternative dates on the Railway Touring Company web site.

These are: 23rd & 30th July, 6th August and 3rd September.

As it happens, I'd like to go on one of these as well. Unfortunately, I can't get to Bristol from Newport by 08.45 or travel back to Newport after 22.45, so it would mean two nights in a hotel ... not a practical proposition.
 

MatthewRead

On Moderation
Joined
21 Nov 2014
Messages
1,643
Location
West london
Couldn't they cancel the 6th August tour and have the 13th August tour instead.
I mean they're aren't any Torbay Express tours throughout August either while I'm on holiday down there what is going on????
 

221129

Established Member
Joined
21 Mar 2011
Messages
6,515
Location
Sunny Scotland
Couldn't they cancel the 6th August tour and have the 13th August tour instead.
I mean they're aren't any Torbay Express tours throughout August either while I'm on holiday down there what is going on????

Why should they change it just for you? Get real...
 

Dhassell

Member
Joined
22 Mar 2015
Messages
1,011
I know it's just so frustrating because also there are no Torbay Express tours on both Sundays I'm in Devon why is that??????:-x

Because they don't run for you to see it through devon, They run it for the people who pay hundreds to travel on it!
 

MatthewRead

On Moderation
Joined
21 Nov 2014
Messages
1,643
Location
West london
Because they don't run for you to see it through devon, They run it for the people who pay hundreds to travel on it!
But I go to Devon in August at the peak of the summer season when there are the most holiday makers and I'm sure they'd like to see a nice steam excursion. There are no Torbay Express tours throughout August!
 

Darandio

Established Member
Joined
24 Feb 2007
Messages
11,145
Location
Redcar
But I go to Devon in August at the peak of the summer season when there are the most holiday makers and I'm sure they'd like to see a nice steam excursion. There are no Torbay Express tours throughout August!

Is this for real? Especially after what has already been said?

These trains aren't run specifically for people to see them.
 

MatthewRead

On Moderation
Joined
21 Nov 2014
Messages
1,643
Location
West london
Is this for real? Especially after what has already been said?

These trains aren't run specifically for people to see them.
But there are usually Torbay Express tours in August and there aren't any this year just a few in July and September I just want to know why there anren't any in August this year:(
 

221129

Established Member
Joined
21 Mar 2011
Messages
6,515
Location
Sunny Scotland
But there are usually Torbay Express tours in August and there aren't any this year just a few in July and September I just want to know why there anren't any in August this year:(

Because no one has booked on it? Given the monumental screw ups of kettle tours last year I would not be surprised if Network Rail & the Local TOCs blocked them running in the high summer.
 

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
Joined
25 Mar 2010
Messages
1,778
Location
Newport, South Wales
But there are usually Torbay Express tours in August and there aren't any this year just a few in July and September I just want to know why there anren't any in August this year:(

I know, why don't you ask the Railway Touring Company? Here's their contact details:

14A Tuesday Market Place
Kings Lynn
Norfolk
PE30 1JN
01553 661 500
enquiries@railwaytouring.co.uk

Best of luck!
 

CosherB

Established Member
Joined
23 Feb 2007
Messages
3,041
Location
Northwich
Couldn't they cancel the 6th August tour and have the 13th August tour instead.
I mean they're aren't any Torbay Express tours throughout August either while I'm on holiday down there what is going on????

Grow up, grow some and move on. :roll:
 

Dhassell

Member
Joined
22 Mar 2015
Messages
1,011
20 August Torbay Express. There you go, Sorted go see it and stop complaining.
 

455driver

Veteran Member
Joined
10 May 2010
Messages
11,329
I'm back in London then:(

There are hourly trains from Lundun to darn Sarf so yoo kan git doown yer to seeum.

Failing that you can always contact the charter companies and ask them to run a charter along a convenient railway line at a convenient time for you!
 

Dhassell

Member
Joined
22 Mar 2015
Messages
1,011

37038

Member
Joined
11 Apr 2014
Messages
701
School holidays again? Or perhaps he can't see them because it's a school night...
 

theblackwatch

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2006
Messages
10,889
There are hourly trains from Lundun to darn Sarf so yoo kan git doown yer to seeum.

Failing that you can always contact the charter companies and ask them to run a charter along a convenient railway line at a convenient time for you!

Or run one of your own? All you need is a (large) cheque book. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top