MatthewRead
On Moderation
Just visit one of the heritage railway local
I live in London long way from any heritage railway
Just visit one of the heritage railway local
I live in London long way from any heritage railway
I live in London long way from any heritage railway
Some quite abrupt responses to a person asking a question. Be nice people.[/QUOTe
A reasonable question
5th - 19th August!When you are in Devon.
5th - 19th August!
Yes but I've only just arrived and we are just settling in besides I wanted to take my friend to see it he comes during the halfway point of the holiday.So you'll be able to see 6th August royal duchy then? Makes this thread rather pointless.
Yes but I've only just arrived and we are just settling in besides I wanted to take my friend to see it he comes during the halfway point of the holiday.
That's just the way it goes Matthew.![]()
Certainly bad luck, you'll miss the the .Torbay express on Aug 20th
I thought there weren't any Torbay Express tours in August this year?
Website taking bookings.
Why should they change it just for you? Get real...

I think the OP has a point. The steam special operating companies have created a need. The public - I'm not talking about regular enthusiasts, but Terry & Julie Bloggs - these days expect and need to see steam specials.
And it's not just steam specials.
In fact, i think there should be a Ministry of Steam Specials, Traction Engine Rallies and V-force Bomber Display Companies to ensure the various associations that saved these pieces of technical and social history are forced to run them for the public's benefit, by law, and if necessary, with a state subsidy.
They created this psychological craving, and these companies have a public duty, a social responsibility to keep 'em running for the likes of the OP.
![]()