• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The "Name the Station" game

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

clagmonster

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
2,442
Is it not known for the wierd curved platforms or am I getting muddles up at this late hour.
 

clagmonster

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
2,442
Ooh, this could be easy to fall into traps with through coaches and the like. Stourbridge Town?
 

clagmonster

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
2,442
A very long shot a Bedford Midland. Served by FCC, LM and EMT. I believe there is now a platform on both fast lines (there didn't used to be) which together with the slows and the Bletchley bay make 5. Geographically it is clearly valid. I hope I don't lose a point on the history, which I am unsure of.
 

dzug2

Member
Joined
5 Feb 2011
Messages
867
Yep - Bedford Midland. The 5th clue was going to be an oblique reference to past (ie 1860s) through trains to Kings Cross mainline

As I recall it, the fasts at one time had no platforms at all - there were up and down (slow) platforms. a Hitchin bay, anfd I can't remember if there was a Northampton bay or not.
 

Top