• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The "Name the Station" game

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dzug2

Member
Joined
5 Feb 2011
Messages
867
Therefore, I shall be opening a CONSULTATION phase for the rules of Name the Station.

Everyone, when you have a chance, please take a moment to read through the Rules and respond with any amendments you would recommend no later than 1800 on Wednesday, June 13th. These responses can be posted either here or by PM, and can relate to entirely new Rules or revisions of existing rules. I will then revise the official Rules accordingly.

Two areas that concern me:

'valid response' - if you are not getting a valid response, how long do you wait before either claiming a win or posting the next clue anyway?

If you don't know if the response is valid - and you can't easily determine if it is - what to do?

Simultaneous postings - the rule seems a bit harsh. Possibly ignore postings that are within one (two?) minutes of the previous one? Or certainly at the same minute. I don't see how you 'prove' the cause of any delay.
 

sonic2009

Established Member
Joined
19 Jan 2010
Messages
5,048
Location
Crewe
I'll grab the open floor.

Clue 1 : This station is north of Swansea

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
 

sonic2009

Established Member
Joined
19 Jan 2010
Messages
5,048
Location
Crewe
Clue 2 : This station is only served by one class of train.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
 

sonic2009

Established Member
Joined
19 Jan 2010
Messages
5,048
Location
Crewe
Clue 3 : The West Somerset railway has a link to this station.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
 

sonic2009

Established Member
Joined
19 Jan 2010
Messages
5,048
Location
Crewe
Okay. Sorry i didn't know that you couldn't post. I shall await for any answers off anybody else before continuing.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
 

clagmonster

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
2,442
Pwllheli? I presume it is only served by 158s, the link is the Minehead turntable, which was originally sited there.
 

Ivo

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2010
Messages
7,307
Location
Bath (or Southend)
Okay. Sorry i didn't know that you couldn't post. I shall await for any answers off anybody else before continuing.

You do at present - but if people want this changed (I am thinking that if invalid suggestions are made the Turn Player may proceed once either one hour has passed from his setting the clue or three such guesses have been made) then I am happy to do so.
 

Top