• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TfW Class 67+Mk4 sets: trip planning/experiences, diagram updates etc

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jez

Established Member
Joined
22 Jan 2011
Messages
2,336
Location
Neath
Today seems to be a nightmare on the Marches.

A couple of services had long waits on their way north and therefore turned at Crewe.
And the majority of services were short formed and not formed of MK4's when they should have been.

Does anyone know what the plan is over the weekend? Can we expect all 4 Saturday diagrams and 2 on Sunday?
 

Tevion539

Member
Joined
23 Apr 2020
Messages
472
Location
The Milkyway
And the majority of services were short formed and not formed of MK4's when they should have been.

Does anyone know what the plan is over the weekend? Can we expect all 4 Saturday diagrams and 2 on Sunday?
I can update RE W13 tonight. Will hopefully be prepping it.
 

BillStampy

Established Member
Joined
6 Jan 2024
Messages
1,616
Location
Llanharan
If you have facebook I highly recommend joining the Class 67 Group, it gives you the diagrams plus extra info on the locomotives and sets. Just a recommendation, of course.

Tomorrow should have:
67010 set HD03 1V33/1W57/1V46/1W65
67025 set HD06 1V37/1W59/1V50
67017 set HD01 1W55/1V42/1W63
And a unit on 1W13/1V39/1W61/1V62

Briefly viewing RTT, there looks to be no LHCS services on Sunday. Probably a reasonable time to get some maintenance done, though.
 

Topological

Established Member
Joined
20 Feb 2023
Messages
4,330
Location
Swansea
And the majority of services were short formed and not formed of MK4's when they should have been.

Does anyone know what the plan is over the weekend? Can we expect all 4 Saturday diagrams and 2 on Sunday?
3-car on the 18:30* out of Manchester today was cosy, but at least that one empties out as it goes south.

The arrival into Manchester for that one is always very full and today was no exception. It was almost impossible to see how so many people fit. It is very much the inward working that justifies the 5-car capacity with that pairing.

Had a 5-car 197 north on 1W12 yesterday, though oddly the screens did not show the middle toilet on the rear set (197105). I always get on the front and didn't bother going down to find out what had happened.

Going via the Styal line worked very smoothly both ways.
 

Tevion539

Member
Joined
23 Apr 2020
Messages
472
Location
The Milkyway
1V50 is currently running as HD06+67025. Will be taking it to Swansea later. Some diagrams are seemingly running as locos.

Also tonight…
1W63 is HD01+67017
1W65 HD03+67010


These are the only three rakes out at the moment, I suspect most of tomorrow’s two diagrams will run as 67s.
 

Tevion539

Member
Joined
23 Apr 2020
Messages
472
Location
The Milkyway
I don't think there is any diagrams tomorrow, from a quick look on RTT atleast!
There is currently two 67 diagrams for tomorrow, the rest are down as “stabled”.

If I’m awake when units/67s are assigned I’ll update :lol: Been a long week of nights and I’m ready for bed!
 

BillStampy

Established Member
Joined
6 Jan 2024
Messages
1,616
Location
Llanharan
HD06 spent 14 minutes at Hereford which is a bit odd. Won't have time to see it now as I've got stuff to do this evening and it's a bit of a walk to the station. Shame.
 

craigybagel

Established Member
Joined
25 Oct 2012
Messages
5,829
I don't think there is any diagrams tomorrow, from a quick look on RTT atleast!

Normal diagrams tomorrow
Just to Cardiff

What confuses me is that they show as DMU's on RTT and no FC offered. It could just be standing in place of a unit I suppose.
Don't trust RTT for things like this. 67s are showing on the traincrew diagrams tomorrow. Additionally one should be working the 1930 off Manchester as far as Crewe, instead of the usual ECS run.
 

BillStampy

Established Member
Joined
6 Jan 2024
Messages
1,616
Location
Llanharan
Don't trust RTT for things like this. 67s are showing on the traincrew diagrams tomorrow. Additionally one should be working the 1930 off Manchester as far as Crewe, instead of the usual ECS run.
Understood, I've fallen into this trap again (it's happened before). I'll keep it in mind. Much appreciate the information.
 

craigybagel

Established Member
Joined
25 Oct 2012
Messages
5,829
Understood, I've fallen into this trap again (it's happened before). I'll keep it in mind. Much appreciate the information.
Not a problem. I've not checked thoroughly but hopefully the timings aren't actually based on DMU timings - if there are frequent stops involved, it's a struggle for a 67 to keep to them.
 

Topological

Established Member
Joined
20 Feb 2023
Messages
4,330
Location
Swansea
Not a problem. I've not checked thoroughly but hopefully the timings aren't actually based on DMU timings - if there are frequent stops involved, it's a struggle for a 67 to keep to them.
Had the other side of that last night. The 197 was waiting time at pretty much every stop, including Craven Arms having departed Church Stretton on time.
 

BillStampy

Established Member
Joined
6 Jan 2024
Messages
1,616
Location
Llanharan
These are the only three rakes out at the moment, I suspect most of tomorrow’s two diagrams will run as 67s.
It's down as 67010 set HD03 and 67025 set HD06 tomorrow, just checked. HD04 and HD05 are currently receiving attention at Crewe and Cardiff respectively. Not sure what is wrong with 04, but hopefully 05's door issue can be pushed out. It's also hoped for HD02 to wonder home next week before testing commences.
 

Top