• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach East Scotland

overthewater

Established Member
Joined
16 Apr 2012
Messages
9,132
Do you have any detailed plans for Ferrytoll? Halbeath is just going to add time to journeys, the X24/6/7 from Glenrothes and Kirkcaldy take long enough already without 10 minutes going in and out of there. X59 only from Halbeath, or half hourly from Glenrothes?

It would seem a bit of a waste moving the Airport bus to Halbeath as it will still have to go into Inverkeithing Station anyway.

I've seen the detailed plans for the ferrytoll a while back, it all tides into the new road layout and bridge etc. From what I can remember that turning circle is going. Roundabout outside the ferrytoll will be the new junction to link up with Ferrytoll road, to replace the one further south.

I don't believe there has been able changes to them since then, i need to double check.

From what I have heard it X59 will just be half hourly from Halbeath.

Airport route: Halbeath - B981 - Inverkeithing - Ferrytoll - Airport. This would free up much needed space during the works, since the Ferrytoll is NOT closing at any point. It would also mean its closer to cowdenbeath depot ;) This may not happen until next year.

Did you know the land adjacent to Halbeath P&R has plans for a new bus depot if Stagecoach needed/wants it.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Liam

Established Member
Joined
29 Dec 2010
Messages
1,245
I've seen the detailed plans for the ferrytoll a while back, it all tides into the new road layout and bridge etc. From what I can remember that turning circle is going. Roundabout outside the ferrytoll will be the new junction to link up with Ferrytoll road, to replace the one further south.

I don't believe there has been able changes to them since then, i need to double check.

From what I have heard it X59 will just be half hourly from Halbeath.

Airport route: Halbeath - B981 - Inverkeithing - Ferrytoll - Airport. This would free up much needed space during the works, since the Ferrytoll is NOT closing at any point. It would also mean its closer to cowdenbeath depot ;) This may not happen until next year.

Did you know the land adjacent to Halbeath P&R has plans for a new bus depot if Stagecoach needed/wants it.

Thanks, would probably get decent money for Dunfermline depot if it's not listed or anything. Move Cowdenbeath in aswell, can see the sense in it if it were to happen.

I'm not sure that I'd agree about the X24/6/7 taking long enough already. They offer fairly direct journeys, and I doubt Halbeath will add 10 minutes - maybe 5 as they already pass the roundabout outside the new site.
Remember Ferrytoll added time to the Edinburgh services when it opened, and I don't recall that having an adverse effect on the services.

Won't the services wait at the stances for 4 or 5 minutes? Wonder if Megabus/Citylink will reduce the Dunfermline buses and advise passengers to use local services from Halbeath.
 

overthewater

Established Member
Joined
16 Apr 2012
Messages
9,132
Thanks, would probably get decent money for Dunfermline depot if it's not listed or anything. Move Cowdenbeath in aswell, can see the sense in it if it were to happen.

Its in addition to Cowdenbeath and Dunfermline, its years off.


Won't the services wait at the stances for 4 or 5 minutes?

NO. Buses don't wait 4-5mins at Ferrytoll. Same do if running early, while others are trying to load up.

Wonder if Megabus/Citylink will reduce the Dunfermline buses and advise passengers to use local services from Halbeath.

M91 still get passenger Kinross - Dunfermline, I still wonder why its still going.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

#################
I have found.

* new separate entrance for buses
* new separate entrance for car and car park. No Connietion between car park and bus area.

Im just double checking the actually layout for the bus area.
 
Last edited:

Liam

Established Member
Joined
29 Dec 2010
Messages
1,245
I have found.

* new separate entrance for buses
* new separate entrance for car and car park. No Connietion between car park and bus area.

Im just double checking the actually layout for the bus area.

Ferrytoll? That pretty much what I have seen. There are basic plans on the Forth replacement crossing website. And as you said, new slip road and roundabout.
 

Jamester

Member
Joined
9 Jul 2010
Messages
155
Then were still back at square one since that would not solve the current issues. IF those B13 did appear for the X27 it will have to stop at Leven.

Maybe a new X28 could appear Leven - St Andrews or even extend a 99 due from St andrews?

From what I've heard, the X27 service will still run through to St.Andrews but a vehicle change will be required at Leven in both directions. This is similar to what happened in the 1990s when a weight restriction was applied to the Bawbee bridge. The bendy buses went into Aberhill depot where passengers were transferred to a decker. They soon got rid of the bendy buses, though.

It seems the Fife Olympians will remain until after the Open Golf contract.
 

overthewater

Established Member
Joined
16 Apr 2012
Messages
9,132
If that's the case, there will be two spare. I wonder of D/line will get one since there don't have any spare.

The ps has been replaced by a coach, seems rather pointless.

--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

Fife council has somehow found money to pay for Service 32 to operate hourly during the evenings and Sundays, There a few better ideas that could have used with that money. Kennoway now get approx 15min service. since the 46 Now leaves at 36mins From Leven etc

Timetables are on Traveline...
 
Last edited:

Liam

Established Member
Joined
29 Dec 2010
Messages
1,245
Theres been a Solo on the X37/X40 all day today. Wonder if its still out as it will be full and standing in a wee while. I suppose this is a situation a spare PS would have been handy for...
 

overthewater

Established Member
Joined
16 Apr 2012
Messages
9,132
Theres been a Solo on the X37/X40 all day today. Wonder if its still out as it will be full and standing in a wee while. I suppose this is a situation a spare PS would have been handy for...

If your wondering where the normal buses are, two of them are working on the X54. I wonder whats up with the coaches. Solo was on the 35 yesterday
 

Liam

Established Member
Joined
29 Dec 2010
Messages
1,245
If your wondering where the normal buses are, two of them are working on the X54. I wonder whats up with the coaches. Solo was on the 35 yesterday

Solo's would do well on the 35/36. Not sure how busy they get in Perth and Bridge of Earn though. Also a couple of the 35's are St Andrews Solo's, they go back to Newburgh/Lindores and change to a 94.
 
Last edited:

Stan Drews

Established Member
Joined
5 Jun 2013
Messages
2,151
It seems the Fife Olympians will remain until after the Open Golf contract.

It's only the R reg examples which are being withdrawn at the moment. The S reg Olys will no doubt be around until later in the year when they too will become too old!
 
Joined
20 Mar 2012
Messages
759
It was reported elsewhere that 16883 was covering at Dundee, whilst native 16772 was off for MoT. 16658 is an Arbroath bus and can be found regularly on the morning 22 journey.

Thanks, i think 16772 was back in service as I noticed it sitting at Dundee bus station yesterday.
 

Liam

Established Member
Joined
29 Dec 2010
Messages
1,245
New timetables are online.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
PS is out today on x37/x40.
 

Liam

Established Member
Joined
29 Dec 2010
Messages
1,245
I guess it's covering buses away doing T in the Park?
 

overthewater

Established Member
Joined
16 Apr 2012
Messages
9,132
Glenrothes s short since Alx300 are on x54. PS will be around for at least another week for the golf.
 

mbonwick

Established Member
Joined
26 Oct 2006
Messages
6,311
Location
Kendal
With thanks to Dougie King.

Vehicles planned to be used on the Open Golf P&R/Golflink for the Open Gold at Muirfield, nr. Drem this year are;

[FONT=&quot]Volvo Olympians
16077, 16101, 16107/8, 16132, 16189, 16228-31, 16306, 16312/3, 16319, 16322-4, 16753/4, 16762/3, 16770/2, 16779-81, 16814 and 16881/3.
Volvo B7TLs
16924 and 16964/5.
Volvo B9TLs
16950-9.
Dennis Tridents
17127, 17196, 17289, 17295, 17387, 17435 and 18123/4


Vehicles will be based at Andrew Black Haulage. Services start winding up from Monday, with around half in use on Wednesday and all from Thursday. [/FONT]
 

Jamester

Member
Joined
9 Jul 2010
Messages
155
I'm told that after the golf contract 18123/24 will enter service at Aberhill, possibly to replace 16132/16230.
 

Stan Drews

Established Member
Joined
5 Jun 2013
Messages
2,151
I'm told that after the golf contract 18123/24 will enter service at Aberhill, possibly to replace 16132/16230.

It's certainly been reported elsewhere that they have been allocated to Aberhill depot, and 16132 will be getting withdrawn due to being over the Fife Council age limit. However I don't think there are any plans for the S reg Olys (like 16230) to be withdrawn just yet.
 

Jamester

Member
Joined
9 Jul 2010
Messages
155
Both 132 and 230 have been given repaints recently. If I remember correctly 16230 will reach the 15 year limit by October.
 

overthewater

Established Member
Joined
16 Apr 2012
Messages
9,132
Both 132 and 230 have been given repaints recently. If I remember correctly 16230 will reach the 15 year limit by October.

But its still good enough to be sent else where, maybe Tayside? doon south?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Has anyone seen the new solo? What size most of them are?
 

Stan Drews

Established Member
Joined
5 Jun 2013
Messages
2,151
Reported elsewhere that a Solo has arrived already at Aberhill depot. Described as an M9000SR seating 29.
 

mbonwick

Established Member
Joined
26 Oct 2006
Messages
6,311
Location
Kendal
Not sure, but I believe the 4 seats removed from Optare spec are to create a slightly larger wheelchair bay without tip ups and a buggy space with tip ups.
 

overthewater

Established Member
Joined
16 Apr 2012
Messages
9,132
PS is park up in Aberhill depot today along with a few other Ollys and London tridents. Olly was out on 48/49 today.
 

Liam

Established Member
Joined
29 Dec 2010
Messages
1,245
I saw a PS leave Glenrothes depot at 1630 yesterday (Monday), went over the roundabout towards the bus station.
 

Top