• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach East Midlands - Timetables, Services, & Wider Operations

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CN12 AWU

Member
Joined
11 Nov 2024
Messages
635
Noticed today when going past Foster Street all the old livery E400electrics at Hull have been parked around back fence on the foster street side

These were in the rear carpark with the E10's

Is this a sign we could be using them soon

Also the Withdrawn MANs like 24135 etc have all been moved from that fence
 

K13R0N

Member
Joined
26 Mar 2019
Messages
255
Location
Grimsby
Noticed today when going past Foster Street all the old livery E400electrics at Hull have been parked around back fence on the foster street side

These were in the rear carpark with the E10's

Is this a sign we could be using them soon

Also the Withdrawn MANs like 24135 etc have all been moved from that fence
Many of the WGY liveried E400EVs are starting to be stored en masse in Scunthorpe too so usage could ramp up within a month or two potentially
 

jimbob185

Member
Joined
9 Oct 2018
Messages
353
Noticed today when going past Foster Street all the old livery E400electrics at Hull have been parked around back fence on the foster street side

These were in the rear carpark with the E10's

Is this a sign we could be using them soon

Also the Withdrawn MANs like 24135 etc have all been moved from that fence
The other day there was 3 local liveried and 2 steel blue Enviro400EVs plus 2 E10s parked up against fence. Withdrawn YN08 JGX was also parked there.
 

CN12 AWU

Member
Joined
11 Nov 2024
Messages
635
The other day there was 3 local liveried and 2 steel blue Enviro400EVs plus 2 E10s parked up against fence. Withdrawn YN08 JGX was also parked there.
Now it's only the white livery E400EVs around the foster street fence snd Stoneferry Road fence
 

jimbob185

Member
Joined
9 Oct 2018
Messages
353
The page to promote the electric buses in Hull has gone live on the Stagecoach website so hopefully not too long before they start to enter service


Backed by a £28.2m investment, a new fleet of electric buses (a combination of single and double deckers) are set to transform travel across Hull, with a total of 55 vehicles expected by the end of 2026.
This must mean that the double decker Yutongs are due this year.
 
Last edited:

CN12 AWU

Member
Joined
11 Nov 2024
Messages
635
The page to promote the electric buses in Hull has gone live on the Stagecoach website so hopefully not too long before they start to enter service



This must mean that the double decker Yutongs are due this year.
I don't think this is the full page as it's only mentioning what the ADL E400's will go on (3/5, 12 and 13) look at picture at Bottom was 3/5, 10 & 12 initially

No mention as to what Yutong E10/12 Singles be going on

As for the U11 Double Decks I'm sure there on next years order and may infact go to Mansfield instead to leave Hull full ADL double deck or that was the latest I heard

I suspect there be a proper launch event with both doubles and singles first before the role out

Also still a lot of drivers who haven't had training on them yet so be a good few months I suspect
 

CN12 AWU

Member
Joined
11 Nov 2024
Messages
635
3,5,12,13 for Double Deckers (E400) has changed was 3,5,10, 12
So we will have to wait and see

I believe E10's are only a stop gap until E12's arrive and they be used on 1/2, 4/6

Yutong U11DD for next year unconfirmed situation weather they will go Mansfield now instead with hull gaining the E400's

Regarding Hull Interchange I believe the council may be modifying some stands for the E400Electrics
 

jimbob185

Member
Joined
9 Oct 2018
Messages
353
3,5,12,13 for Double Deckers (E400) has changed was 3,5,10, 12
So we will have to wait and see

I believe E10's are only a stop gap until E12's arrive and they be used on 1/2, 4/6

Yutong U11DD for next year unconfirmed situation weather they will go Mansfield now instead with hull gaining the E400's

Regarding Hull Interchange I believe the council may be modifying some stands for the E400Electrics
I don't think it has changed as I don't think the 10 was mentioned. What I recall is that the first 19 double deckers were ordered to make routes 3 and 5 electric and then when the extra funding was announced for 36 more electric buses (20 double 16 single) it was said these would be used to make routes 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, and 15 electric.

They would still require some Yutong U11DDs as only 32 E400EVs were ordered so Hull would still need 7 U11DDs to meet the 39 double decker target (assuming that 80295 returns from North East) if they took on all the E400EVs.
 

CN12 AWU

Member
Joined
11 Nov 2024
Messages
635
I don't think it has changed as I don't think the 10 was mentioned. What I recall is that the first 19 double deckers were ordered to make routes 3 and 5 electric and then when the extra funding was announced for 36 more electric buses (20 double 16 single) it was said these would be used to make routes 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, and 15 electric.

They would still require some Yutong U11DDs as only 32 E400EVs were ordered so Hull would still need 7 U11DDs to meet the 39 double decker target (assuming that 80295 returns from North East) if they took on all the E400EVs.
All I know is all the E400EVs are staying (Mansfield and Hull's) at Hull

Apparently Yutong U11DD's are going to Mansfield in Place of the E400EVs

Also now apparently once E12's get delivered that E10's may stay to replace the E200's but we will have to wait and see meaning some E12's would go to Mansfield in there place I presume

Don't think launch date be anytime soon as only half the depot's chargers have been done

There still a full set of chargers to go along side the Foster Street side (unless plans have changed)

I don't have any more actual information unfortunately
 

jimbob185

Member
Joined
9 Oct 2018
Messages
353
All I know is all the E400EVs are staying (Mansfield and Hull's) at Hull

Apparently Yutong U11DD's are going to Mansfield in Place of the E400EVs

Also now apparently once E12's get delivered that E10's may stay to replace the E200's but we will have to wait and see meaning some E12's would go to Mansfield in there place I presume

Don't think launch date be anytime soon as only half the depot's chargers have been done

There still a full set of chargers to go along side the Foster Street side (unless plans have changed)

I don't have any more actual information unfortunately
Thank for the info. I presume that what will happen is Mansfield will get 13 of the 20 U11DDs that were ordered for Hull to replace the E400s that Hull are now getting. I had heard earlier this month that 83023-35 were due to start being delivered to South West by the end of this month which to me would suggest that 83036-55 for East Midlands can’t be more than a few months off being delivered but I guess we will see.
 

Goblinlion

Member
Joined
11 Dec 2025
Messages
24
Location
UK
Someone has told me that Hull are getting Yutong U11DDs from down south with the Enviro400evs replacing them as Interchange issue can't be fixed
 

CN12 AWU

Member
Joined
11 Nov 2024
Messages
635
Someone has told me that Hull are getting Yutong U11DDs from down south with the Enviro400evs replacing them as Interchange issue can't be fixed
Apparently a solution has been found and E400EVs should be staying as training is still continuing on them
 

jamestaylor94

Member
Joined
31 Jan 2018
Messages
68
East Yorkshire are using their's in service from the same Interchange so there can't be that much of a problem.
As a driver at hull depot, there is a problem. I’ve heard we’re looking at swapping them. However I’ve had my training and in the training it says we cannot lower the bus at the interchange

Yorkies aren’t using ADL’s so they’re not having this issue.
 

Fox192

Member
Joined
17 Oct 2023
Messages
398
Location
Hull
As a driver at hull depot, there is a problem. I’ve heard we’re looking at swapping them. However I’ve had my training and in the training it says we cannot lower the bus at the interchange

Yorkies aren’t using ADL’s so they’re not having this issue.
Can’t they get the Volvos from Manchester
 

Top