Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!
Oh that makes sense, i was just going of tracking information from Bustimes.org. It will be nice to have a Blue E300 roaming the streets of grimsby and Cleethorpes then
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
27194 could be going through some sort of repaint or maintenance as it hasn't been out since the start of October
BBC local news website today states that plans for the new Mansfield bus depot will be considered by the Council next week. It refers to charging facilities for 24 electric buses. I am sure that I have seen reports that there are at least outline arrangements (ZEBRA funding?) to electrify nearly all the remaining fleet at Mansfield but this further development is not referenced by the BBC. If the redevelopment is undertaken in phases it may help in maintaining operations during work, but some additional parking/maintenance space will still be needed I am sure.
Yes, there was more added to the planning. First, it is going to be talked about live on Mansfield District Council's YouTube from 6 PM on the 27th of October and can be seen on the agenda here https://mansfield.moderngov.co.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?MId=651. The RECOMMENDATION letter, which can be seen here https://planning.mansfield.gov.uk/o..._FUL-COMMITTEE_REPORT_-_27_10_2025-688202.pdf, pushes for "GRANT PERMISSION WITH CONDITIONS. " Lastly, I've seen work vans pull into the depot , such as scaffolding vans, which are most likely there waiting for the approval so they can start work.
Yes, there was more added to the planning. First, it is going to be talked about live on Mansfield District Council's YouTube from 6 PM on the 27th of October and can be seen on the agenda here https://mansfield.moderngov.co.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?MId=651. The RECOMMENDATION letter, which can be seen here https://planning.mansfield.gov.uk/o..._FUL-COMMITTEE_REPORT_-_27_10_2025-688202.pdf, pushes for "GRANT PERMISSION WITH CONDITIONS. " Lastly, I've seen work vans pull into the depot , such as scaffolding vans, which are most likely there waiting for the approval so they can start work.
Thanks for posting that, RareApe. As I read the report the depot will be rebuilt in one go, so buses will have to move out for the duration. That’s a lot of buses plus maintenance and ancillary activities. It will be interesting to find out where they end up. It makes you think that if they have identified a short term base for 70 odd buses why not make it permanent and simply sell Sutton Road - not that I would want that, too much history to the site. Also, we still have the question of operating electrics until the site is ready. The bus station facilities will not meet that number, I doubt.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
Thanks for posting that, RareApe. As I read the report the depot will be rebuilt in one go, so buses will have to move out for the duration. That’s a lot of buses plus maintenance and ancillary activities. It will be interesting to find out where they end up. It makes you think that if they have identified a short term base for 70 odd buses why not make it permanent and simply sell Sutton Road - not that I would want that, too much history to the site. Also, we still have the question of operating electrics until the site is ready. The bus station facilities will not meet that number, I doubt.
There nothing saying they are coming to Hull I was mearly trying to find out if anyone who works at Hull or Worksop on this forum have heard the same rumour
Thanks for posting that, RareApe. As I read the report the depot will be rebuilt in one go, so buses will have to move out for the duration. That’s a lot of buses plus maintenance and ancillary activities. It will be interesting to find out where they end up. It makes you think that if they have identified a short term base for 70 odd buses why not make it permanent and simply sell Sutton Road - not that I would want that, too much history to the site. Also, we still have the question of operating electrics until the site is ready. The bus station facilities will not meet that number, I doubt.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
I have just counted up on Bustimes and it looks like there are 84 buses allocated to Mansfield, that’s a lot of space needed temporarily.
They could send a couple of buses to chesterfield and Worksop as if they do they could do a early morning departure from chesterfield on pronto so the first and last run to chesterfield Is with a chesterfield driver taking it back same with 53a the last short run to bolsolver
They could send a couple of buses to chesterfield and Worksop as if they do they could do a early morning departure from chesterfield on pronto so the first and last run to chesterfield Is with a chesterfield driver taking it back same with 53a the last short run to bolsolver
Yes, and in a similar vein Worksop could do 14/15 at Ollerton and a couple of schools, whilst Newark yard could house Mansfields workings on the Southwell corridor. Even so, we are shaving the corners of the numbers involved. If we are really thinking left field how about setting up a temporary base in north Nottingham to do all of Pronto and 141 plus a couple of schools in Ravenshead or Southwell. This would be a PVR of over 20 and makes a good dint in the residual capacity requirements. It might also rattle the cages of some other operators! Whatever, I wouldn’t use out depot drivers, I would pay time/milage to Mansfield folk. After all, the work would be coming back eventually. All fanciful stuff I guess!
Stonegravels would probably be a good choice for maintenance, but would involve a lot of dead running for service work, other than the Pronto.
Isn't there a car park in Mansfield that is falling down? Maybe once it is demolished the space could be used to temporarily stable vehicles until they decide what to do next?
Stonegravels would probably be a good choice for maintenance, but would involve a lot of dead running for service work, other than the Pronto.
Isn't there a car park in Mansfield that is falling down? Maybe once it is demolished the space could be used to temporarily stable vehicles until they decide what to do next?
Could work with shire brook services from chesterfield as distance is about the same anyway plus 1 early morning 53 instead of starting it at Mansfield start it at Sheffield
There was talk of this in August and was supposed to be done in September, there was also talk of the MAN e400 coming from Scotland fleet numbers around 19620-19635 I think but it never happened, I would take a guess maybe the electrics might displace the e300s but that’s just a guess
There was talk of this in August and was supposed to be done in September, there was also talk of the MAN e400 coming from Scotland fleet numbers around 19620-19635 I think but it never happened, I would take a guess maybe the electrics might displace the e300s but that’s just a guess
Yeah I'm not disputing that but surly they be swapped for 27*** not worksop's 28***
That just seems rather unbelievable
I don't know hull or the other areas well but from what I can see Hull never been a Scania depot so seems odd logic
As say it's a old collegue who works somewhere in East Midlands who told me the info but I'm starting to think on this occasion like the Scottish 19*** it ain't happening
Yeah I'm not disputing that but surly they be swapped for 27*** not worksop's 28***
That just seems rather unbelievable
I don't know hull or the other areas well but from what I can see Hull never been a Scania depot so seems odd logic
As say it's a old collegue who works somewhere in East Midlands who told me the info but I'm starting to think on this occasion like the Scottish 19*** it ain't happening
To me it would seem an odd change to bring Scanias to Hull especially when they seem better suited at Worksop. As they also run Scania deckers so it not like you would be completely removing Scania from the Worksop fleet if you moved them so it would be strange from an engineering point of view. Also if they did move to Hull they wouldn’t be sticking around long term as the overall plan for Hull in the next few years is to go completely electric.
To me it would seem an odd change to bring Scanias to Hull especially when they seem better suited at Worksop. As they also run Scania deckers so it not like you would be completely removing Scania from the Worksop fleet if you moved them so it would be strange from an engineering point of view. Also if they did move to Hull they wouldn’t be sticking around long term as the overall plan for Hull in the next few years is to go completely electric.
If that's the case, could that possibly see somewhere such as Grimsby with all of it's deckers MMCs? Or it getting the 19 and 73 reg ones and somewhere like Scunthorpe getting the 66 plate MMCs?
Spoke to engineering in Hull today, theyve heard all 24's need to be gone by early December due to ULEZ in Mansfield maybe. Replaced by Scania's and 27's. Also they'd heard the electric on hold for now and will not arrive November. But like most workplaces it's Chinese whispers
Spoke to engineering in Hull today, theyve heard all 24's need to be gone by early December due to ULEZ in Mansfield maybe. Replaced by Scania's and 27's. Also they'd heard the electric on hold for now and will not arrive November. But like most workplaces it's Chinese whispers
Well thats utter chaos its like we wanna get rid of MANs, but don't at the same time (how many times have they been withdrawn only to get more, and how many rumours of them going turning out to never happen). I'm ready for a change as a regular MAN user but we'll see
Spoke to engineering in Hull today, theyve heard all 24's need to be gone by early December due to ULEZ in Mansfield maybe. Replaced by Scania's and 27's. Also they'd heard the electric on hold for now and will not arrive November. But like most workplaces it's Chinese whispers
Yeah I'm not disputing that but surly they be swapped for 27*** not worksop's 28***
That just seems rather unbelievable
I don't know hull or the other areas well but from what I can see Hull never been a Scania depot so seems odd logic
As say it's a old collegue who works somewhere in East Midlands who told me the info but I'm starting to think on this occasion like the Scottish 19*** it ain't happening
We are aware of an issue with emails from the Forum to Microsoft-based email accounts (hotmail/outlook/live.com email addresses). This is being looked into currently, thanks for your patience meanwhile.