Blessed are the spellcheckers, for they shall be grammatical.![]()
They may be useful on the forum, but on MS Word the whole 'ignore once' business with the stupid green lines drives me mad!
Blessed are the spellcheckers, for they shall be grammatical.![]()
...their point completely....NOT there point completely.
...their point completely....NOT there point completely.
Blessed are the spellcheckers, for they shall be grammatical.![]()

Tut tut small error.
Tut tut small error.
Not thats its an excuse but, when your busy (like I am at the moment) I spell the first thing that comes into my head!
Shot my self in the foot *their*!![]()
You meant of course:
Tut, tut, you made a small error!![]()
One of the main problems I have with grammar is how to end a sentence with brackets in (this one for example).
(Easy.)
(Just bracket everything.)
(Problem solved.)
I always thought that the full stop came after the bracket, as the bracketed portion of the sentence is still a sub clause of it.I
So the full stop goes inside the bracket?
I always thought that the full stop came after the bracket, as the bracketed portion of the sentence is still a sub clause of it.
I always thought that the full stop came after the bracket, as the bracketed portion of the sentence is still a sub clause of it.
That was my original opinion although in retrospect I think HST Power was posting in jest
Not thats its an excuse but, when your busy ....
John the Baptist said:This is my beloved Son with whom I am well pleased
I have to admit it is fun speaking like officer Crabtree in Allo Allo.
"Good moaning, I am afrood I have bad nose. The RAF bummers hit the pimping station"
(Good morning, I am afraid I have bad news. The RAF bombers hit the pumping station)
Well pleased?
We got told off for saying that at Junior school!![]()
Most probably because you were rather too young to have Divine Sons at that age....or I hope that you were.![]()
I meant using the phrase 'well pleased.' For example, 'I was well pleased that Arsenal won the match.'
Goodness, I've no idea why anyone would say that!![]()
Eats, shoots, and leaves.
I meant using the phrase 'well pleased.' For example, 'I was well pleased that Arsenal won the match.'
But then you would be referring to the Arsenal team who play against Newells Old Boys in a certain South American country, because one of those Arsenal players has the Christian name Jesus....Jesus Galliada (full back).
Did you notice that the FULL STOP was put OUTSIDE the bracket of the word in the last sentence![]()
That depends on whether the text inside the brackets is a comment (something like this), or a full sentence. (This is a full sentence.)