Southern trains are currently suspend on the West London Line. Does anyone know why? Yes I know it's been snowing but what is the exact snow related reason for it. They were running Friday to Sunday.
The issues with the main line this morning and Southern was caused by over running engineering works was mentioned on Southern's Web Site home page providing you were viewing the desktop version that is . I was on the mobile version of their site so never saw it. I e-mailed them earlier to alert them of this but not had a reply yet. I suspect I won't be until some days or weeks after they need to update the information and that the information won't be given out to mobile users.
For example there is nothing to say the West London Line is suspended expect on the desktop home page. Not even NRE have this privileged information.
As for the West London Line when you go to the live departure board for Harrow & Wealdstone, NRE are not giving out any alerts that trains to South Croydon/Milton Keynes are cancelled. The alert one gets at the top of the page. There is one for Southern but in the service disruption details there is no mention of the West London Line. It's as if it does not exist.
Some actual services in the listing just had delayed by them with * to show they missed their monitoring point and others just say cancelled without a reason. Go a bit further ahead and they are still running. I suspect the running ones will become delayed with the *. That is poor. It doesn't take much to provide a reason. Someone must know somewhere why the trains are not running. Someone must surely also be able to update the information. If they cannot then that suggests the system needs updating to make it easier and quicker for them to update it.
I was told earlier they hope to run trains later in the day. I certainly hope so because they are still in the journey planner system. I hope it's not a case of cancelling some about an hour before they are due to leave and leaving the rest as running until they automatically get delayed. That's not helpful to passengers.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Buses still replacing trains between Haywards Heath and Lewes because of it. No Southern service between South Bermondsey and Streatham, South Croydon and MK Central and between Horsham and Dorking. Presumably all down to trains not being able to gain traction.
There was enough traction for London Overground to run trains between Clapham Junction and Wilesden Junction. And Southern trains on that route over the weekend were not cancelled as far as I am aware. They even issued an emergency timetable for it, although it looked much the same as the one normally used from my brief look. So at some point they clearly felt they would be able to run trains on it, so I wonder what changed this morning. It would be nice to actually know.