Blindtraveler
Established Member
- Joined
- 28 Feb 2011
- Messages
- 10,544
I certainly look forward to a ride sometime. My memory is letting me down here, has it had all the 2020 stuff done?
Been confirmed the final issue with 478 is with new style auxiliary heaters. Due to transfer to ScotRail in the next few days after fault resolved.
I certainly look forward to a ride sometime. My memory is letting me down here, has it had all the 2020 stuff done?
I guess for the first few months the 156 will be kept on local trips (East Kilbride/Barrhead stoppers) as a precaution in case it should fail in some unknown way.
It will be kept on local diagrams until it can be proven to run fault free.
Now the other question I have is what is now the current longest sidelined unit waiting to come back into traffic? Would it be 150275 which has been at Kilmarnock since 09/04 or 155346 which has been at Kilmarnock since 30/04.
My bet's on 317722
At first glance, I thought those dates meant 2004!
My bet's on 317722
At first glance, I thought those dates meant 2004!
See it is at Corkerhill at the moment under maintenance. Has it worked yet in passenger service since its return?
Now the other question I have is what is now the current longest sidelined unit waiting to come back into traffic? Would it be 150275 which has been at Kilmarnock since 09/04/16 or 155346 which has been at Kilmarnock since 30/04/16.
Quite amazing. After a long time out of service you would think that 156478 had seen enough of the maintenance men!
478 is currently out in service just now (on its own) working the 1701 Glasgow Central to East Kilbride.
I'm due up that way in January.
One for the bucket list me thinks, doubt very much I'll get the chance to try it before then.
from a driver point of view it will be interesting to compare 478 with the KB Springburn refurbished units. Hopefully Brodies have done a better job as the cabs in 509 and 502 are a poor effort.
509 still has to be finished as the CET tank has not been fitted.
I was always led to believe that the CET on 509 was fitted below the cab, something the drivers had been complaining about?
from a driver point of view it will be interesting to compare 478 with the KB Springburn refurbished units. Hopefully Brodies have done a better job as the cabs in 509 and 502 are a poor effort.
509 still has to be finished as the CET tank has not been fitted.
Indeed! Very shabby. Labels written in ball point pen, wobbly armrests, howling leaking gangway door and ratling windows. PIS does not work. Heater leaking all over the floor. No wonder Knorr Bremse Springburn is struggling if this is the standard of work. Very poor.
I imagine they must be these ones - found them after a quick squint on Google:There were some photos on Facebook yesterday of the unit back out in service - I can't find them at the moment but I think they were on the Class *Various Sprinter numbers* group
Indeed! Very shabby. Labels written in ball point pen, wobbly armrests, howling leaking gangway door and ratling windows. PIS does not work. Heater leaking all over the floor. No wonder Knorr Bremse Springburn is struggling if this is the standard of work. Very poor.