• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail unit 156478's return to service

Status
Not open for further replies.

djpontrack

Member
Joined
18 Jan 2011
Messages
1,025
Location
Morecambe
It's good to see the pictures of 156478 back in service. It's one of three scotrail 156's I need for haulage. I hope I get it when I'm next in Glasgow.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Observer

Member
Joined
3 Nov 2014
Messages
799
I was able to get a ride on this on a Alloa to Glasgow Queen Street service today, it is clear that Brodies did a good job on this, the only thing I seemed to notice wrong were that the on-train announcements seemed to be rather muffled in sound. Other than that, good to see it back in service.
 

childwallblues

Established Member
Joined
3 Jul 2014
Messages
3,863
Location
Liverpool, UK
It's good to see the pictures of 156478 back in service. It's one of three scotrail 156's I need for haulage. I hope I get it when I'm next in Glasgow.

I also need three for haulage - 156433/45/93.
I have had 478 twice - first time in 2009 from Annan to Carlisle and then in 2014 from East Kilbride to Glasgow Central.
 

djpontrack

Member
Joined
18 Jan 2011
Messages
1,025
Location
Morecambe
I also need three for haulage - 156433/45/93.
I have had 478 twice - first time in 2009 from Annan to Carlisle and then in 2014 from East Kilbride to Glasgow Central.

I need 156439/447/478. I've had 156433 from Anniesland to Queen St and back. 156445 from Queen St to Bishopbriggs, Carlisle to Annan, Dalmuir to Queen St, Queen St to Anniesland. 156493 from Cumbernauld to Queen St.
 

Kite159

Veteran Member
Joined
27 Jan 2014
Messages
22,816
Location
West of Andover
It was on Glasgow Central - Edinburgh via Shotts on Monday :)

Although I didn't get the chance to sample the seating as it was slightly busy
 

djpontrack

Member
Joined
18 Jan 2011
Messages
1,025
Location
Morecambe
Does anyone know if 156478 has been out and about in the Glasgow area this week? I'm doing a Glasgow Roundabout on Friday so I hope to catch up with it and the other 2 Scotrail 156s I need.
 

JModulo

Member
Joined
17 Nov 2013
Messages
589
Location
67A
Does anyone know if 156478 has been out and about in the Glasgow area this week? I'm doing a Glasgow Roundabout on Friday so I hope to catch up with it and the other 2 Scotrail 156s I need.
It worked the 1657 Kilmarnock (from Newcastle) to Glasgow tonight.
 

scotraildriver

Established Member
Joined
15 Jun 2009
Messages
1,846
It's working on Queen St routes today and *should* overnight at Eastfield so will be on a Queen st diagram tomorrow. Things can change as always though!
 

djpontrack

Member
Joined
18 Jan 2011
Messages
1,025
Location
Morecambe
I finally managed to red pen 156478 yesterday. It sat in plat 7 at Glasgow Cent for most of the day but finally came out to play on the 17:18 to Edinburgh Waverley, which also had winner for haulage 156439. So Happy Days. One Scotrail 156 to get.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top