• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Red Pen 2016 - your new haulages

Status
Not open for further replies.

87electric

Established Member
Joined
27 Jan 2010
Messages
1,243
24th February
158701 (leaves 158708 to clear all ScotRail Units)

Tram 392 Dusseldorf @ Summerlee Industrial Museum
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

87electric

Established Member
Joined
27 Jan 2010
Messages
1,243
Ta.
I have endured a few trips up there where I have scored nothing. It really is more difficult the less you need. By the time I get 708 in I bet the 385s start to arrive. And around I go again.
 

andyb2706

Member
Joined
21 Jan 2013
Messages
747
Location
Manchester
25th February
68013
153356
165004
165007
168003
168219
170502
170511
170516
350371

Full trip report to follow soon.
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,839
Location
Nowhere Heath
Ta.
I have endured a few trips up there where I have scored nothing. It really is more difficult the less you need. By the time I get 708 in I bet the 385s start to arrive. And around I go again.

The new Hitachi things? Aye it gets rather challenging up there, especially once you get bored of Haymarket leaps but too skint to do a Freedom of Scotland!
 

12CSVT

Established Member
Joined
18 Aug 2010
Messages
2,611
24th February
158701 (leaves 158708 to clear all ScotRail Units)

Those Inverness 158s are absolute blighters to track down, as they could be almost anywhere in Scotland. I remember it took me 7 or 8 visits, spanning amost 2 years to track down my last Scotrail unit (158713). As well as the routes radiating out of Inverness, they can also appear on the Fife Circle and local services out of Glasgow Queen Street.
 

alexf380

Established Member
Joined
6 Mar 2011
Messages
1,417
Location
Musselburgh, Scotland
Tell me about it! 8 of my last 9 SR 158s are based in Inverness. Two of them haven't even been sighted yet. The 170s, I find, are equally as difficult to track down.
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,468
Now, 158701, 158705, and 158709 I still need. Today one was indoors, one out in Kyle, and one on Far North Line duties. They can all bloody well wait.
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,839
Location
Nowhere Heath
Now, 158701, 158705, and 158709 I still need. Today one was indoors, one out in Kyle, and one on Far North Line duties. They can all bloody well wait.

Sensible thinking, they can come to you!

I haven't seen much of you on here lately bb21, which either means you've not been out on the rails, or more likely you've got an enormous list to post soon...
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,468
Unfortunately it's the former, but I did manage to cross a few off my list yesterday.

With my work laptop broken today, no TRUST access for me, but I now only have a list of 156s and 380s left mainly in ScotRail land (neither in areas covered by my Rover mostly), so back to scoring some long overdue tracks I think, one being Borders, another being Alloa.
 

FQ

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
4 Oct 2013
Messages
6,645
Location
-
26/02/16
350376
350372
350252

Midland Metro:
19

And finally one that I've been wanting to put for ages. This has to be scoop of the day by a long shot and even though it isn't exactly a winner (at all), it is the best.

68014 - Cleared for 1,000 miles :D
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,839
Location
Nowhere Heath
Unfortunately it's the former, but I did manage to cross a few off my list yesterday.

With my work laptop broken today, no TRUST access for me, but I now only have a list of 156s and 380s left mainly in ScotRail land (neither in areas covered by my Rover mostly), so back to scoring some long overdue tracks I think, one being Borders, another being Alloa.

Ouch to no gen, at least you've still made some progress. Hope the track bashing goes well!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
26/02/16
350376
350372
350252

Midland Metro:
19

And finally one that I've been wanting to put for ages. This has to be scoop of the day by a long shot and even though it isn't exactly a winner (at all), it is the best.

68014 - Cleared for 1,000 miles :D

Well done there! At least you finally got down to just 2 more trams to go!
 

theblackwatch

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2006
Messages
10,889
Not sure if it's mentioned already on these forums but 08924 is working at Barrow Hill tomorrow (Sat 27th) between 14:00 and 15:00.
http://www.pleg.org.uk/latest_news.html

I'll be there with my red pen! I missed it when it worked there previously in 2013, so it's a good clawback.

It's been a while since I posted on here. Recently score 08484 at Shildon, and then 59202 (one of my last two 59/2s) and 08652 on the 'Fifty Niner' last weekend.

Unit-wise, I had my last 165s (137) earlier this month and my final 156 (446) on Wednesday. The 387/1s got a good hammering earlier in the month too (down to one - 114), and had my first 387/2 (201). Also a load of 378s for 'extending'.
 

Ellss

Member
Joined
31 Mar 2015
Messages
21
26.02.16

156437
156446
156500
156501
156508
156513
220030
320311 (last 320, for the moment....)

Clockwork Orange
108, 116, 204,
 

theblackwatch

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2006
Messages
10,889
Clockwork Orange
108, 116, 204,

Just as an aside, I was informed (after my trip to Glasgow on Wednesday) that the 1xx powe cars on the Clockwork Orange do not power if they are the middle car in a 3-car rake. Wehther this makes a difference to you depends on what you count. For me, I'm going to have to go through all my notes and 'uncount' some... :-x
 

theblackwatch

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2006
Messages
10,889
I do, because they are operating as they should be, ie as a trailer in part of a unit! I wouldn't count them if they were being used as hauled stock behind a loco. Anyone who counts a powered vehicle while it is dead should be banned from the hobby and the forum for life, or longer. <D
 

Ellss

Member
Joined
31 Mar 2015
Messages
21
Just as an aside, I was informed (after my trip to Glasgow on Wednesday) that the 1xx powe cars on the Clockwork Orange do not power if they are the middle car in a 3-car rake. Wehther this makes a difference to you depends on what you count. For me, I'm going to have to go through all my notes and 'uncount' some... :-x

Hmmmm, ive never kept a note of formations, i may be too far along to uncount.....
 

andyb2706

Member
Joined
21 Jan 2013
Messages
747
Location
Manchester
26th February
Metrolink:
3036:D

I've been trying to get this one for ages!!

All I now need of Metrolink is some of the higher number trams from 3097 onwards
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,839
Location
Nowhere Heath
So if a Subway train is formed of, for example, 102+114+103, 114 would be acting like one of the 20x trailers? So the question is, if that's not being counted because it's a trailer, then does anyone count the 20x trailers at all? I have to admit to counting whatever in the formation. Granted if I'd noted them all in November 2004 then I'd have probably got them all by now.

I think this debate would be better in a pub over an adult beverage or three...:lol:
 

Kite159

Veteran Member
Joined
27 Jan 2014
Messages
22,847
Location
West of Andover
26/2:

91115

317341 (sub-class cleared)
321401
321403
365514
365530
365537

LU:

3234
3546
3548
11069/70

(I only needed 11 GN units at the start of the day, to get 6 doing linear moves to grab shacks was a lot better than I was expecting!)

27/2

142007
142049
150276
153328
156487
158799
175102
175109
185105
185113
185128

LU:
51526
51527
51558
51559
51665
51725
 

87electric

Established Member
Joined
27 Jan 2010
Messages
1,243
26th February
375307
375817
375913
375919
378205
378228
378230 (378s cleared for the 3rd time-this time as 5 cars)
450031
450036
450552
465160 (465/1 sub class cleared)

LUL
21323/21324 (as S7+1 with 25384)
21503/21504


28th February
67006 (at last - 025/030 left)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top