iamraymond
Member
Driver wanted to get out of a social commitment their partner had arrangedMust be a good reason why the freight didn't move for so long surely?
Driver wanted to get out of a social commitment their partner had arrangedMust be a good reason why the freight didn't move for so long surely?
Its south of Berkhamstead. People were walked along tthe track to Berkhamstead station.Where exactly has 1Y43 had it's problem? SignalMaps shows it on the signal section at the platform at Berkhamsted, is that true?
Yes but as they are platformed the customers have most likely been 'evacuated' off the train and boarded alternative services.Am I right to think that some trains affected by this have been stood for 4+ hours?
It’s stopped at the bridge south of the station.Where exactly has 1Y43 had it's problem? SignalMaps shows it on the signal section at the platform at Berkhamsted, is that true?
Its south of Berkhamstead. People were walked along tthe track to Berkhamstead station.
CheersIt’s stopped at the bridge south of the station.

Driver wanted to get out of a social commitment their partner had arranged
Thankfully it wasn't just 2 carriages as RTT suggests, but 5 instead. 2 carriages certainly wouldn't have gone down well!Realtime Trains | 9R65 1834 London Marylebone to Birmingham Moor Street | 07/05/2026
Real-time train running information for 9R65 1834 departure from London Marylebone to Birmingham Moor Street on 07/05/2026. From Realtime Trains, an independent source of train running info for Great Britain.www.realtimetrains.co.uk
Looks like Chiltern rustled up an extra of their 1837 and added coaches to later services too to keep people moving
Had a similar experience heading south from Lichfield to Euston a couple of weeks ago having to travel into New Street and across to Moor Street. Managed to get onto a Chiltern service (and get a seat) about 20” before departure ahead of hordes of commuters and redirected passengers bearing in mind there hadn’t been a WCML departure for about 90” by then.Thankfully it wasn't just 2 carriages as RTT suggests, but 5 instead. 2 carriages certainly wouldn't have gone down well!
Other services are being extended too (Much to the discomfort of regular Chiltern passengers on other routes) with the 1906 going from 5 to 7, 2002 going from 3 to 6 and the 2102 going from 4 to 6.
I got caught up in this heading to Harwich International. Yes. For the ferry. Squeaky bum time...
Was on the 14:55 from Manchester to Crewe then the 16:13 West Mids to Euston. Got to Crewe ok and onto the WMT. Left 20 late, ahead of 2 Avantis still being held. Messaged the WMT social media team explaining my predicament, as I was watching Traksy. This was before the fire.
They recommended bailing at Nuneaton and heading East, but said to check with the guard before boarding. Messaged XC and they said WMT hadn't arranged acceptance with them. The conductor was more than happy to take me, which was great. On a Peterborough-Colchester service now to Manningtree, guard on here similarly had no issues. Arriving about 40 late but quite frankly that's a fantastic outcome and barring anything happing between here and Harwich, I'll be on the ferry no problem, and that's by far my main priority!
Well, quite!Good outcome all round then!
Though any conductor that refused your ticked under the circumstances is probably in the wrong job.
Well, quite!
Didn't get the beer or two I was looking forward to in the Euston Tap but I've made up for it whilst travellingand while the delay repay won't be huge, it will at least buy the jug of beer I'll be getting from the onboard bar when I'm on the ship!
Berkhamsted please, with the emphasis on Berk!Its south of Berkhamstead. People were walked along tthe track to Berkhamstead station.
Sure I will! Been on earlies this morning so no concerns about sleeping wellEnjoy the trip!
There has been some damage sustained to the overhead electric wires in the Watford Junction area. As a result, some lines remain closed while Network Rail teams continue repairs.
Trains running between these stations may be cancelled, revised or delayed.
Hah - I thought the data was wonky, some of the platform data looked impossible tooThankfully it wasn't just 2 carriages as RTT suggests, but 5 instead. 2 carriages certainly wouldn't have gone down well!
Other services are being extended too (Much to the discomfort of regular Chiltern passengers on other routes) with the 1906 going from 5 to 7, 2002 going from 3 to 6 and the 2102 going from 4 to 6.
Not a whole lot different with the DMU fleet. It's all well and good theoretically having a three car available to strengthen a formation, but if that's at Aylesbury and you need it at Marylebone it may as well not exist.Hah - I thought the data was wonky, some of the platform data looked impossible too
One of the challenges of Chiltern going "Explorer" Mk5 on the London-Birmingham corridor is a lack of flexibility to add more carriages in response to a situation like this
Great boozer that!Well, quite!
Didn't get the beer or two I was looking forward to in the Euston Tap but I've made up for it whilst travellingand while the delay repay won't be huge, it will at least buy the jug of beer I'll be getting from the onboard bar when I'm on the ship!
Are you sure? In the last 2 weeks I've been delayed twice by objects in the OLE, once by a broken rail, once by a lineside equipment issue, and once by a broken down freight train.I've made plenty of comments on here criticizing the WCML and it's questionable fragility, but I have to say the last few weeks haven't been too bad at all in fairness, back to business as usual today it seems!![]()
Are you sure? In the last 2 weeks I've been delayed twice by objects in the OLE, once by a broken rail, once by a lineside equipment issue, and once by a broken down freight train.
Bet they did well yesterday with stranded passengers! And deservedly so. Love the place.Great boozer that!