SquireBev
Member
So tonight my cry of "Let them off for God's sake!" was met not with abuse but with murmurs of agreement.
Vindication.
Vindication.
Was just trying to get off the 13:47 from Lime Street to Euston at Crewe. Due to disruption a lot of frustrated passengers were understandably crowding the doors. I opened my arms as Moses parting the waves and peopled actually moved out of the way, one good natured lady laughed. Ha ha. It probably helps that at the mo I look like Waingro in the film heat.
Definitely.I don't know if it would work in this situation but last Saturday I bought a bottle of wine at Sainsburys at 10.15 in the morning and it seemed pointless buying a bag so I just carried it home through the fairly crowded streets. It is incredible how people give you a wide berth if you do this.
Was just trying to get off the 13:47 from Lime Street to Euston at Crewe. Due to disruption a lot of frustrated passengers were understandably crowding the doors. I opened my arms as Moses parting the waves and peopled actually moved out of the way, one good natured lady laughed. Ha ha. It probably helps that at the mo I look like Waingro in the film heat.
Today, travelling with a large holdall slung over my shoulder, I noticed a variant of this (and this was not during a busy time at all, for the entirety of the 2-leg journey of over 3 hours I had a 4+table bay to myself) - bag blindness. On several occasions, people just walked straight into it, including when I was standing still with plenty of circulation space around me.
I despair sometimes.
If you had a 4-bay table to yourself, why were you standing and was your bag protruding into the aisle when it was being walked into? I'm obviously missing something here.
Were they messing about with a smartphone at the time?
A smartphone shrinks the size of the visible universe down to no more than 50 cm from the user, nothing and no-one outside that radius is visible or can be communicated with.
I normally stand in the doorway and shout "Don't be rude and give people a chance to get off".
Being tall and broad I just stand in the middle of the door completely blocking it glaring at them until they move. If they don’t it tends to result in something like “Are you going to move out of the way? You’re not going to get on until we have got off”.
A teenage girl was among those trying to force her way on a class 158 which had just terminated from Fishguard during the half term holidays. I shouted an instruction to let people off first. Her mother said 'that's my daughter!', my response was ' so get her told!'
One of the worst places for manners.
What you just said you did doesn’t exactly sound like good manners either (with all due respect), shouting at a young girl!
You are of course right but oh my gosh what an extreme way of showing it!!!
I generally say something like "Please let people off the train first" and if they still don't give people sufficient room to exit, I may then raise my voice.What you just said you did doesn’t exactly sound like good manners either (with all due respect), shouting at a young girl!
You are of course right but oh my gosh what an extreme way of showing it!!!
I generally say something like "Please let people off the train first" and if they still don't give people sufficient room to exit, I may then raise my voice.
If you don't like being told off, don't misbehave! I find your responses to this thread puzzling; you've not been guilty of this by any chance?![]()
I agree with you that it is very impolite to barge on a train without letting people off of the train first 
NoI agree with you that it is very impolite to barge on a train without letting people off of the train first
I just wouldn’t like to be shouted at by a stranger! I also don’t think it’s the place of anyone but a staff member to do that but meh whatever.
I can`t stand ignorance and if I was being ignorant I`d expect to be told about it. All credit to Yorkie for saying "please", I certainly wouldnt.

Well then you’re ignorant yourself![]()

I’ve made an edit to make it clear what I was referring to.![]()
Yeah OK ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz, hey shouldnt you be in bed at this time![]()
What???
PS: I suddenly warmed to you a great deal for that ZZZZZZZ comment shows you have a sense of humour!![]()