Something special today - Austin A30 from 1954 in a mews in Brighton.
Was Gromit driving?
Something special today - Austin A30 from 1954 in a mews in Brighton.

Fabulous TR6s there, @CowleyA TR6 and a TR4 potter about locally to me, in fairer weather.
Last summer, I snared photos of GT6 Mk2 and Spitfire Mk2 - are on post 3 of this thread - but a shot of a Stag eluded me. Until today.
Great catch. One of the last true Fiat X1/9, X-reg (1st August 1981 to 31st July 1982), as Bertone produced it from 1982 to 1989; Gran Finale examples had UK registrations in 1989 and 1990. I snared on locally last year (link)Silver V reg Fiat X1/9, looked amazing
Earlier today my bus home was passed by a blue 4-door saloon with an E-suffix plate (1967). There do seem to be quite a few Minors in everyday use, which this one definitely looked to be (rather than looking like a museum exhibit). I saw another 4-door, in green, only a week or so ago.Didn't get a picture as was on the school run, but saw a pair of Morris Minors yesterday morning. One was a convertible (2 colours, maroon and cream), and the other a solid roof (in a very smart navy) even had a local Grimsby registration (can't remember now but both were early 1960s). Made me and little one's morning!![]()
I used to have an H reg Astra. I had it for a few years until I hit a deer on the way to work one morning. I had it repaired but it was never the same and got rid of it shortly after. I understand they are quite collectable now.I passed a bog standard non metallic faded blue F reg (1989 ish?) Vauxhall Astra near our house earlier and did a double take.
I nearly did a U turn and gave chase to get a photo, but decided that I’d look a bit weird. Regretting it now though.
Saw a young lad in a beautifully restored Scirocco in our local petrol station the other day. I had a bit of a chat to him about the car and he convinced me that I should get one (I think he might have been right).
An old dear?I used to have an H reg Astra. I had it for a few years until I hit a dear on the way to work one morning. I had it repaired but it was never the same and got rid of it shortly after.
I used to have an H reg Astra. I had it for a few years until I hit a deer on the way to work one morning. I had it repaired but it was never the same and got rid of it shortly after. I understand they are quite collectable now.
I don’t know how old it was but have corrected the spelling.An old dear
Or the venison I could have taken home.I think we should take moment to think of Bambi here.
I don’t know how old it was but have corrected the spelling.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
Or the venison I could have taken home.
A timelessly beautiful car. I remember a light-blue metallic one local to my parents, back in 1978.1973 Volvo ES in Hackney, London around sunrise today.
Did you check whether it had the rear-facing third row of seats in the back?L reg Montego estate seen at The Fort earlier, not seen an estate Montego for years. Looked well worn but in working order.
My wife didn't seem to share my enthusiasm for it, strange.
I certainly remember Montego estates having those rear-facing seats. Volvo's 2xx estates had them before that, though.Did you check whether it had the rear-facing third row of seats in the back?
I remember seeing those when I was a kid, and thinking it was the coolest thing ever... Not sure they were particularly safe though!
it may have though couldn't really tell from the angle, only the front seats were occupied anyway.Did you check whether it had the rear-facing third row of seats in the back?
I remember seeing those when I was a kid, and thinking it was the coolest thing ever... Not sure they were particularly safe though!