Two from a week ago: Mercedes SLC in west London and Fiat Strada in east London.
Rare as hen's teeth. When I was a kid my aunt had a bright orange one, but I think that might have been the last one I saw in the flesh, in the UK at least. Pretty sure I've seen them on the continent where they were badged as a Ritmo.Those Mercs are lovely but the Fiat Strada is a real rarity. I haven’t seen one of those for years.
Weren't Stradas products of the period when Fiat decided that de-rusting the raw steel and applying primer to it was an unnecessary expense? Once they hit British weather and salted winter roads they pretty much dissolved.Those Mercs are lovely but the Fiat Strada is a real rarity. I haven’t seen one of those for years.
A bit of T-Cut and it'll come up lovely
A tidy looking Triumph Herald convertible, first registered July 1963, seen in Tring yesterday.
Half a mile from my home, is a house with two 9000s on the driveway and a 9-5 patked on the roadside. A fan, you could say.Saab 9000 with mini wipers on the headlights!

I haven’t previously posted in this thread because it is not something that generally interests me, but today I saw something that harked back to the 1950s films of my youth. On a driveway on the other side of the village was a Wolseley 6/80 police car, complete with two horns above the windscreen. If I read the registration correctly as we passed, it was probably former Devon County or Exeter City Police, so spent its working life pursuing miscreants who put the jam and cream on in the wrong order.
Devon County or Exeter City Police, so spent its working life pursuing miscreants who put the jam and cream on in the wrong order.
This was a version of the Fiat Strada advert from Not the Nine O'Clock NewsWeren't Stradas products of the period when Fiat decided that de-rusting the raw steel and applying primer to it was an unnecessary expense? Once they hit British weather and salted winter roads they pretty much dissolved.
Didn't George Best have one?I did see wandering about the village today a yellow hard-top E-type Jag. The car that was the absolute acme of Ooomph and It when I was young: a phallic symbol on wheels. It could only be afforded by middle-aged businessmen who ricked their backs getting into it and were never going to do anything but disappoint their secretaries.