Sun Chariot
Established Member
I remember a beautiful yellow one local to me, latter 1970s.1974 my Uncle had one.
Back then, not one to have a smash in; fibreglass body.

I remember a beautiful yellow one local to me, latter 1970s.1974 my Uncle had one.
Back then, not one to have a smash in; fibreglass body.

An XJ40 series XJ-R model is a very rare beast. Great find.L reg Jaguar XKR today.
Interesting. I couldn't detect if the steering wheel was stock or JaguarSport.It's a fake. Genuine ones had satin chrome round the windows, not shiny chrome. The rear number plate plinth is also incorrect and the steering wheel is a standard Jaguar one not JaguarSport one.
I'm pretty sure that's a Reliant Scimitar?Can anyone identify this from the London / Essex border? It had been debadged.
You forgot to say, Princess Ann owned one, tut, tut!I'm pretty sure that's a Reliant Scimitar?
You forgot to say, Princess Ann owned one, tut, tut!
And something rather interesting in Dorchester a 1959 TVR Grantura, the first TVR model.
Doubt there's many of them around!![]()
TVR Grantura - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org
Spot onI'm pretty sure that's a Reliant Scimitar?
Just parked up on an industrial estate too!Wow. I don’t think I’ve ever seen one of those in the flesh.
Beautiful. The Cresta and Velox were, in my view, amongst Vauxhalll's most elegant cars, full stop.And a very nice 1963 Vauxhall Cresta
I'm pretty sure that's a Reliant Scimitar?
AnneYou forgot to say, Princess Ann owned one, tut, tut
Strictly speaking the Scimitar GTE is a "shooting brake" like the Volvo 480 or the coupé version of the BMW M3 (aka the "Clown Shoe").Anne
Specifically, it's a Reliant Scimitar GTE, the "estate" version with a tailgate. The original Scimitar was a two seat coupe.
Indeed so, the "Autocar" website has a current feature on 22 such vehicles. A few were series production (like the GTE), others were hand built one-offs. Styling of those can be, err, quirky.Strictly speaking the Scimitar GTE is a "shooting brake" like the Volvo 480 or the coupé version of the BMW M3 (aka the "Clown Shoe").
What’s the difference between an estate and a shooting brake?
A lot has been lost in the mists of time and marketing, but the latter has to have some sass to its styling. Practicality isn’t the overriding concern of most shooting brakes, but added load space is certainly handy. Here’s our run-down of the best conversions and factory-fitted fast-back wagons.
I did of course mistakenly type BMW M3 when I meant the Z3!Indeed so, the "Autocar" website has a current feature on 22 such vehicles. A few were series production (like the GTE), others were hand built one-offs. Styling of those can be, err, quirky.
Slideshow | Autocar
All the latest car news slideshows, direct from Autocar's team of automotive expertswww.autocar.co.uk
