Blindtraveler
Established Member
- Joined
- 28 Feb 2011
- Messages
- 10,544
All connect standard units will I believe have USB or 3 pin sockets.
All connect standard units will I believe have USB or 3 pin sockets.

All connect standard units will I believe have USB or 3 pin sockets.
Well, the new 'n' colours maybe an improvement, and they match the 195s under construction, but why can't we have both? The 'n' lends itself to different colours, and I was hoping to see some variation. And why can't they make up their mind on the brand?
Well, the truth is the original livery was designed without consulting the colour pallet in the brand guidelines. It took a while before anyone noticed the colours chosen for the roundels weren't in the pallet, by which time the newly-liveried trains had started entering traffic. Officially we've had off-brand trains travelling around the network for months
319370 is now fully decked out in the new livery, and is on its way back to Allerton as I type.
That's not a Northern one unless they're getting a new addition?
First of the extra 4 319/3's Northern is getting
Oh excellent - are you aware of which others they are getting?
Well, the truth is the original livery was designed without consulting the colour pallet in the brand guidelines. It took a while before anyone noticed the colours chosen for the roundels weren't in the pallet, by which time the newly-liveried trains had started entering traffic. Officially we've had off-brand trains travelling around the network for months
319 370/381/384/385 are the 4 extra.
Northern will have 24 out of the 26 train 319/3 sub class (missing 372/373)
See post #1269 for Northern's unit numbers.
319 370/381/384/385 are the 4 extra.
Northern will have 24 out of the 26 train 319/3 sub class (missing 372/373)
See post #1269 for Northern's unit numbers.
319370 is now fully decked out in the new livery, and is on its way back to Allerton as I type.
I wonder if 372&373 will eventually come as well so Northern have all of them together
Northern 156472 by Mike McNiven, on Flickr
Northern 156472 by Mike McNiven, on Flickr
Northern 156472 by Mike McNiven, on Flickr
Northern 156472 by Mike McNiven, on Flickr
Northern 156472 by Mike McNiven, on FlickrIs 155346 out today? Wouldn't mind seeing first hand what 16 months of work have achieved!
Yeah I caught it at Leeds on Wednesday. Looked ok, but nothing wonderful.I've only just seen 155346 at Leeds today on the LDS - MCV service.
Yeah I caught it at Leeds on Wednesday. Looked ok, but nothing wonderful.
Moreover I had 150137 last night, which has frankly horrendous bright yellow handrails. No idea why as yellow isn't part of the new logo, and doesn't compliment the remainder of the refurb.
Yellow is the new turquoise. Allegedly, Northern are responding to feedback about visibility of the handrails, and so all future units will have yellow handrails.
319382 arrived back at Allerton from Wolverton yesterday in the new livery.
The PIS display was scrolling "Manchester Vic". Pending an update to add the ability to display intermediate stops, surely it would not be too hard either to stop the scrolling or to spell out "Manchester Victoria" in full?