• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Rail - Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ANorthernGuard

Established Member
Joined
8 Oct 2010
Messages
2,662
Hahahah......pahahahaha, never laughed so hard in my life :D

The amenities at Vic are superb tho a dodgy McDonalds, hot dog stall and a roof that's been caving in for 10 years and the lovely bright through platforms lmao, luckily my colleagues are a good laugh tho :)

 

175001

On Moderation
Joined
3 Feb 2007
Messages
1,360
Location
Between Heaven and Hell
The amenities at Vic are superb tho a dodgy McDonalds, hot dog stall and a roof that's been caving in for 10 years and the lovely bright through platforms lmao, luckily my colleagues are a good laugh tho :)


Indeed, can always interact with the sociable Picc crew when I have a break there....................(these ...'s will go on and on) :lol:
 

ANorthernGuard

Established Member
Joined
8 Oct 2010
Messages
2,662
Indeed, can always interact with the sociable Picc crew when I have a break there....................(these ...'s will go on and on) :lol:

There are a fair feew quiet ones at Vic as well, i however am sociable lol

 

Anvil1984

Established Member
Joined
28 Aug 2010
Messages
1,513
Funny enough it all goes quiet if I walk into the messroom at Vic to get a can of pop. IAM NOT A LEEDS GUARD lol
 

Bellwater

Member
Joined
10 Jan 2010
Messages
522
Location
on a 158
Funny enough it all goes quiet if I walk into the messroom at Vic to get a can of pop. IAM NOT A LEEDS GUARD lol

That's probably the worst thing about Vic, having to go to Leeds.

You see more traincrew there taking breaks in the food outlets than in the actual messroom.



 

driver9000

Established Member
Joined
13 Jan 2008
Messages
4,569
Vacancies for Trainee Drivers at Leeds and Manchester Victoria are now posted. Closing date 30 January 2012 - but don't leave it to the last minute, we have all seen that these can vanish beforehand.

Also posted are Guards vacancy for Workington (closes 30 Jan), Train presentation at Newton Heath TMD (closes 2 Feb) and a clerical assistant at Allerton TMD (closes 27 Jan).

Good luck!
 

Shaky

Member
Joined
14 Jan 2012
Messages
47
Location
Hull, East Yorkshire
Vacancies for Trainee Drivers at Leeds
Good luck!

Would this be the Neville Hill Depot at Leeds ? Just wondered if I could get there in 60 mins from Hull.

edit - just realised I've got a job there tomorrow, actually on osmondthorpe lane itself so I will know how long it will take to get there ( by road at least )
 
Last edited:

Geeves

Established Member
Joined
6 Jan 2009
Messages
2,641
Location
Rochdale
Indeed you can, I got 3 applications pending with Northern, Conductors at Man Pic & Vic and station Team Leader at Vic.

Good luck. If you get the job you will be my boss! Happy days.

Victoria is a great place to work I agree. I know 175001 will agree and driver9000 seems to be at Vic as often as me these days :lol:
 

callum112233

Member
Joined
8 Sep 2011
Messages
379
Location
Wigan
I accidentally pressed the 'yes' box for the 'do you have colour defective vision?' Now I can't apply :(
 

ANorthernGuard

Established Member
Joined
8 Oct 2010
Messages
2,662
Any reasons why?

Yes..lets hear these reasons! is it the excellent routes *cough or the excellent amenities *cough or the bright vibrant station *cough (staff are ok tho)

Picc will always be the Creme de la Creme while Vic will always be the poorer, shabbier sibling<D<D
 

Bellwater

Member
Joined
10 Jan 2010
Messages
522
Location
on a 158
Would this be the Neville Hill Depot at Leeds ? Just wondered if I could get there in 60 mins from Hull.

edit - just realised I've got a job there tomorrow, actually on osmondthorpe lane itself so I will know how long it will take to get there ( by road at least )

I know of a Hull Guard who got a Drivers Job at Leeds.(Got a Transfer to Hull about 6mths after mind).


 

175001

On Moderation
Joined
3 Feb 2007
Messages
1,360
Location
Between Heaven and Hell
Any reasons why?

All the routes we sign, all the traction we sign, the variety in routes we do week-in week-out, some excellent characters in the messroom, where theres always a welcome, and excellent station staff who work under imensse pressure when times are hard, i.e kicking out time in the Arena.

Picc crew live and thrive, on "the beauty of their station" - ***yawn***, we are here to work out of the station, not to admire its "plastic beauty" <D<D<D
 

156441

Member
Joined
30 Aug 2011
Messages
501
Location
Manchester
I think this banter looks really healthy and makes for a fun work place. I'll stand firmly behind anorthernguard though and say Picc is better.......For reasons I'm yet to understand mind and hoping he'll have change for a brew!!! ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top