Can anyone help me out by letting me know what to expect with my interview (trainee driver) on Tuesday?
Bubba, i've had an assessment with Northern for the trainee driver post in Leeds this week. As I had recently sat the assessments with FCC I was only required to go and complete the mechanical aptitude test as FCC don't do that test but Northern do.
The assessment day was run at DB Schenker in Doncaster. We did the mechanical aptitude test first and I was allowed to leave after that but the other 3 candidates then had the group bourden and dials test before lunch. If they passed those then they would take the reaction test in the afternoon followed by the structured interview.
I have no idea how many of the three finished the day as I was done by 9.45am. It was a different setup to FCC, where I had the tests over two days a week apart and had to wait ages to get my results. The test centre at Doncaster said they were going to tell candidates the same day. This may be due to the fact that there were only 4 of us at Doncaster whereas at FCC we started with 46 before the numbers dropped at lunchtime.
However, I don't think all the Northern assessment days are set out the same as I believe there are others members on here who took their assessments in Leeds over two days, rather than the one day that I would have done Doncaster.
Hope this helps!
