InkyScrolls
On Moderation
They are, only Bingley is currently fully open.When I passed through yesterday I’m certain they were also there at Menston and Guiseley!
They are, only Bingley is currently fully open.When I passed through yesterday I’m certain they were also there at Menston and Guiseley!
Trains heading towards Shipley are now stopping further down the platform.They are, only Bingley is currently fully open.
I'm still not sure what random lottery system they used to ascertain where SDO and full extensions would be used.Kirkstall Forge has still not been extended at all. They haven't even started it there yet.
I mean Kirkstall Forge's main calls being on the Bradford Forster Square services rather then the Skipton services (as I understand it) would mean that the extension there is only for a 1 train an hour? Surely SDO would be enough given it's still mainly just 1 office block, a car park and a footpath nearby (although I think the houses will be coming along shortly).Idiotic question but how was it decided which platforms would be lengthened and which would be SDO'd? Was it just on peak time patronage or....?
EDIT: I was rattling down Airedale on a 3 car sprinter this morning and it made me repeat this thought. As an example from when I was staring out the window this morning and pondering this:
Steeton and Silsden - not being changed, so presumably SDO on the 2x3 car 331s
Keighley - long enough already
Crossflatts- presumably SDO? (Unless I've missed extension works there)
Bingley - being extended
So are the extensions only at the ones that are served by the semi-fasts? But they're also the trains that aren't being lengthened given they're diesel through to Bentham/Carlisle lines!
I just wondered. Apologies if off-topic.
They are extending Kirkstall Forge. It's just been delayed by 'negotiations' with a 'local landowner'.I'm still not sure what random lottery system they used to ascertain where SDO and full extensions would be used.
I mean Kirkstall Forge's main calls being on the Bradford Forster Square services rather then the Skipton services (as I understand it) would mean that the extension there is only for a 1 train an hour? Surely SDO would be enough given it's still mainly just 1 office block, a car park and a footpath nearby (although I think the houses will be coming along shortly).
2 trains an hour going to Bradford F Sq, a few services a day going towards Skipton and none of Ilkley, Morecambe and Carlisle services call at Kirkstall Forge.I'm still not sure what random lottery system they used to ascertain where SDO and full extensions would be used.
I mean Kirkstall Forge's main calls being on the Bradford Forster Square services rather then the Skipton services (as I understand it) would mean that the extension there is only for a 1 train an hour? Surely SDO would be enough given it's still mainly just 1 office block, a car park and a footpath nearby (although I think the houses will be coming along shortly).
Do they really need an extension at Kirkstall Forge? The Leeds – Skipton train has only one peak call each way, plus the evening trains and none on Sundays?Kirkstall Forge has still not been extended at all. They haven't even started it there yet.
Well that was part of the plan in the first place. They've already extended Apperley Bridge.Do they really need an extension at Kirkstall Forge? The Leeds – Skipton train has only one peak call each way, plus the evening trains and none on Sundays?
No idea when the move will happen but there is a requirement for an additional 331/0 on the East for training purposes, so one will move across earlier than the rest. Don't know which unit it will be however.Note that 331/0 diagrams for Mon-Fri from Dec tt change seem to indicate AN 21, NL 10. Currently there are AN 22, NL 9 allocations. Is there an imminent move in the offing for (presume) 331010 which is in use today on the west side??
My guess is passengers would prefer to be able to board the train rather than worry about a downgrade. Granted, less comfy for plenty including myself.Or keeping quiet about the downgrade from 2+2 seating with tables and armrests to 3+2 seating.
Path on Tuesday Allerton to Neville Hill
Realtime Trains | 5Q17 1129 Allerton Depot to Edge Hill Down Wapping | 17/12/2024
Real-time train running information for 5Q17 1129 departure from Allerton Depot to Edge Hill Down Wapping on 17/12/2024. From Realtime Trains, an independent source of train running info for Great Britain.www.realtimetrains.co.uk
Which unit is this? 331010 or a different one?Realtime Trains | 5Q17 1129 Allerton Depot to Edge Hill Down Wapping | 17/12/2024
Real-time train running information for 5Q17 1129 departure from Allerton Depot to Edge Hill Down Wapping on 17/12/2024. From Realtime Trains, an independent source of train running info for Great Britain.www.realtimetrains.co.uk
I presume it'll still be 331's through to May unless I'm wrong?333007 going to Doncaster West Yard tonight so assuming driver training must be starting on Monday for Doncaster Crew
There’s nothing preventing them from being introduced at an earlier date, rather than having a ‘big bang’ at the May timetable change.I presume it'll still be 331's through to May unless I'm wrong?
0N36 | 07:47 | Derby RTC | Allerton TMD | 10:39 | 37510 | - | - | Northern | ||||||
5Q17 | 11:20 | Allerton TMD | Neville HIll T&RSMD | 14:05 | 37510 | - | 331010 | Northern | ||||||
0M57 | 16:25 | Neville HIll T&RSMD | Derby RTC | 18:19 | 37510 | - | - | Northern |
Does anyone know what the final number of 331s on the Leeds side will end up being?No idea when the move will happen but there is a requirement for an additional 331/0 on the East for training purposes, so one will move across earlier than the rest. Don't know which unit it will be however.
It's there for training, so will probably be used for static training and ECS runs as required.333007 is still sat in Doncaster West Yard from what I'm aware.
Thank you for confirming. Let's hope 331010 gets over without issue.It's there for training, so will probably be used for static training and ECS runs as required.
Due to the additional unit out of action the additional 331/0 is required - that is why the additional one is moving over early.