• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

No London Midland services this Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GB

Established Member
Joined
16 Nov 2008
Messages
6,562
Location
Somewhere
And from a drivers point of view...

It is easy to misjudge braking capacity
It is easy to over speed
It is easy to forget ESRs or TSRs
It is also easy to run people over
It is certainly easy to pass signals at danger
It is easy to run through points
It is easy to forget vital information such as what level crossings are under local control, where cautions begin and end etc etc.

As upyourjunction states, signallers and drivers have a respectful and mutual partnership with each role being just as important and responsable as each other.

I'm actually going to make an effort to find out the identities of some of the people on this forum and any more crap I'm going to send it to some newspapers and your managers, so watch out

Sorry but that is pathetic and uncalled for.
 
Last edited:
Joined
22 May 2008
Messages
52
For a start I'm not jealous, not in the least.



I'm actually going to make an effort to find out the identities of some of the people on this forum and any more crap I'm going to send it to some newspapers and your managers (that's if you really do the job you say) so watch out.

Your final comment proves that you are indeed jealous! As GB says "its pathetic" :lol:
Keep playing on SimSig in your darkened room & pretend you've got a job!:lol:
 

MCR247

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2008
Messages
10,292
But that last comment you made isnt funy, and IMHO its pretty pathetic
 

GB

Established Member
Joined
16 Nov 2008
Messages
6,562
Location
Somewhere
A bit of "Jest" on an internet forum is slightly different to threatening to get someone in trouble with thier employers or the media.

In anycase I think this has gone wildly off topic for which I am probably reposonsable...apologies.
 

Metroland

Established Member
Joined
20 Jul 2005
Messages
3,212
Location
Midlands
And from a drivers point of view...

It is easy to misjudge braking capacity
It is easy to over speed
It is easy to forget ESRs or TSRs
It is also easy to run people over
It is certainly easy to pass signals at danger
It is easy to run through points
It is easy to forget vital information such as what level crossings are under local control, where cautions begin and end etc etc.


Don't you think I know that? Sorry, your supposed to be well paid professionals with responsible jobs, if you think you do your cause any good walking out on a job despite their being a booked timetable and coming on here gloating about it on a public forum with the attitude 'pay up or else, we deserve it', your sadly mistaken.

I think to be honest I've said enough, its a shame I can't reason with grown up men and this conversation isn't getting us any further.
 
Last edited:

ungreat

Member
Joined
11 Nov 2006
Messages
964
Well like Mojo, I'm not sure I buy the argument about the extra top ups either, seems like an organised cartel. There's lots of responsible jobs on the railway, like Pway and S&T, and more responsible jobs than drivers like signallers who have to deal with up to 20 trains at once (try that in failure conditions with no interlocking) and have a much bigger effect on performance than drivers, but nearly all get paid less.

Station staff is no breeze either, that's a safety critical post, not to mention all the crap they have to put up with from the public.

No one is disputing there are other safety critical jobs,but as has been already said,that's the going rate,and conditions,of the driver's job.Why should we not want our contracted conditions and pay?

We also have to put up with endless crap from the public,and on late night trains we are often the ONLY member of staff,with a trainload of ****heads intent on trouble.
 

GB

Established Member
Joined
16 Nov 2008
Messages
6,562
Location
Somewhere
Gloat???

I only listed those items to counter-balance the things you listed:roll:
 

ungreat

Member
Joined
11 Nov 2006
Messages
964
I'm actually going to make an effort to find out the identities of some of the people on this forum and any more crap I'm going to send it to some newspapers and your managers (that's if you really do the job you say) so watch out.

Oh I hope you do my friend....thinly veiled threats come to nothing.I hope all of those who you are threatening chase you up and send your managers some of the vitreol you regularly spout on here! A threat,even on an internet forum,can still lead to prosecution.

Mark my words,if you did send anything about anyone on here,quoting stuff they say,to the papers,then make sure you have removed some of your more choice postings as you would also get dragged in!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I presume the irony of your post has completely passed you by then. :lol:

I also presume that missing what he said(i.e our driver simulators..he appears to be a driver!) has also passed you by!!:D
 

dan_atki

Established Member
Joined
1 Nov 2006
Messages
1,879
Enough of the confrontational posting and insults that bear no relevance to the topic.

I'm actually going to make an effort to find out the identities of some of the people on this forum and any more crap I'm going to send it to some newspapers and your managers (that's if you really do the job you say) so watch out.

And enough of the threats too.

Locked.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top