GoldenChef
Member
Congratulations on this!I was offered the job yesterday and today told I would start on the January course
Congratulations on this!I was offered the job yesterday and today told I would start on the January course
Every role play scenario is different.i understand
I understand. Was it one Custer based and one retail tenant? Did you really need the background reading in hand. Did they question you to know about minimum staff and etc?Every role play scenario is different.
Defo study the background reading!I understand. Was it one Custer based and one retail tenant? Did you really need the background reading in hand. Did they question you to know about minimum staff and etc?
Defo study the background reading!
This will be sent with the invitation email.Hi, could you or anyone please send a link for the background reading and candidate charter please
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
has anyone done their SBI ac3 and if they have, what scenario did you guys get given ?
Good luck!!!Just got an email from TFL asking to book my role play exercise for January and saying these are the last available slots because of how high the demand is. Booked mine so fingers crossed.
Should be at the bottom of your email.Hi, could you or anyone please send a link for the background reading and candidate charter please
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
has anyone done their SBI ac3 and if they have, what scenario did you guys get given ?
.Good luck!!!
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
Should be at the bottom of your email.
No not yet, the suspense is killing me as i really want this job lol.Thanks, found it !
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
Have you heard anything back regarding your AC3?
Did they say when your training dates would be ?I got offered the job Tuesday and sent back all of my info. Did anyone else get it?
How was your SBI?I got offered the job Tuesday and sent back all of my info. Did anyone else get it?
I did. Did all my paper work straight away. Rang them a couple days ago and they said they've got a load of campaigns to get through so they'll email me when they've checked my paperwork. No ETA sadlyI got offered the job Tuesday and sent back all of my info. Did anyone else get it?
I’ve got my role play next week. Haven’t heard anything as of yetAny update from anyone? Anyone get their AC3 assessment pushed back?
I normally try to remain positive on this forum (and generally in life too), but who knew if you treat people like dirt it would be hard to recruit into the role....just looked at their internal career site, they put a new internal CSS2 job advert so they are clearly still looking for more people
So does that mean there’s a chance for external people applying to pass role play and SBI?just looked at their internal career site, they put a new internal CSS2 job advert so they are clearly still looking for more people
What is so bad about it?I normally try to remain positive on this forum (and generally in life too), but who knew if you treat people like dirt it would be hard to recruit into the role....
Additionally, requiring a minimum of 40 hours self-directed learning in your own time is ridiculous. I'm all for investing in my own future, but the uplift in salary from CSA1 to CSS2 is minimal and most don't see that as a worthwhile investment.
But of course nobody in TfL Towers wonders why they need 4 campaigns a year to fill CSS vacancies, just that they do - the turnover simply shouldn't be that high.
Viewpoint is starting again soon, so they'll have to opportunity to avoid asking the right questions, and then ignore the responses anyway.
I'm going to go now and work on my attitude before I make my way to work to serve the Great British Public.
It was discussed briefly upthread - lone working can lead to loneliness, a feeling of being unsupported can be demoralising, very large cover groups mean you often aren't back in the same station for months, lots of responsibilities, working nights, and on and on.What is so bad about it?
If css was so popular they wouldn’t advertise externally nobody wants to do itIt was discussed briefly upthread - lone working can lead to loneliness, a feeling of being unsupported can be demoralising, very large cover groups mean you often aren't back in the same station for months, lots of responsibilities, working nights, and on and on.
However, it is all relative. LU people love to moan, myself included, but it's important not to over exaggerate the negative aspects of the job or the company.
For some people, working alone will allow them the opportunity build confidence. Nights could be a welcome break from hectic family life. Large cover groups could mean the opportunity to gain experience in busier stations, or network more widely.
LU/TfL is a good company to work for, with many many great attributes, and it's easy to forget that. It's not fair for me to be so disparaging to newcomers. I got out of bed the wrong side this morning, so apologies for my earlier miserable comment. I went to work and it cheered me up no end.
Well, the issue for internal candidates is the difference between CSA1 and CSS2 is barely £8k. That's a lot more responsibility for not a lot more money.If css was so popular they wouldn’t advertise externally nobody wants to do it
Have you started training yet? There’s still people doing their SBI so confused as to how you’ve been given a start date.. unless the training is on a rolling basisI was offered the job yesterday and today told I would start on the January course
What does a css do on nights? Supervise the station that are open on nights? Lol no need to apologise we all get of bed on the wrong side now and then!It was discussed briefly upthread - lone working can lead to loneliness, a feeling of being unsupported can be demoralising, very large cover groups mean you often aren't back in the same station for months, lots of responsibilities, working nights, and on and on.
However, it is all relative. LU people love to moan, myself included, but it's important not to over exaggerate the negative aspects of the job or the company.
For some people, working alone will allow them the opportunity build confidence. Nights could be a welcome break from hectic family life. Large cover groups could mean the opportunity to gain experience in busier stations, or network more widely.
LU/TfL is a good company to work for, with many many great attributes, and it's easy to forget that. It's not fair for me to be so disparaging to newcomers. I got out of bed the wrong side this morning, so apologies for my earlier miserable comment. I went to work and it cheered me up no end.
No they do more then that they have to make sure contractors and agency staff are signed in monitor the station make sure to do security checksWhat does a css do on nights? Supervise the station that are open on nights? Lol no need to apologise we all get of bed on the wrong side now and then!
How often do nights come around? How many on the bounce can you do?Exactly, nights can be busier than days in some places!
I'm a train op, so have different working parameters to station staff - from memory, I think stations can work 8 days before a day off is required. Maybe someone else can confirm.How often do nights come around? How many on the bounce can you do?
