• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Underground - Customer Service Supervisor 2 - Full Time (External)

Jamil

Member
Joined
30 Jan 2026
Messages
7
Location
london
Had my document verification today. Spoke with the onboarding team and was told they’re trying to secure training dates for May, June and July
Hey what do you mean by document verification ? Did they contact you to confirm ?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

zcarrey

Member
Joined
28 Jun 2024
Messages
46
Location
london
Has anyone recieved a contract yet ? I’ve done the medical and all the onboarding stuff but haven’t heard anything since.
how was your medical?what did it involve?....people get incredibly vague when you ask about the medical but I would love the clarity, in my mind...I'm thinking a fitness test and an eye test etc lol
 
Last edited:

bluegoblin7

Established Member
Joined
10 May 2011
Messages
2,163
Location
JB
how was your medical?what did it involve?....people get incredibly vague when you ask about the medical but I would love the clarity, in my mind...I'm thinking a fitness test and an eye test etc lol
Eye test, hearing test, blood pressure, medical questionnaire, urine test are the main ones. It’s a standard railway medical and nothing to be particularly worried about. If you flag things on your questionnaire then there will be more questioning of those specially during the meeting.

You’ll then repeat most of the tests every 5 years or so.

No, the verification is in person - they didn’t ask you to come in with your ID?
There should be two steps - uploading copies to the system and then getting them physically verified in person as part of the final onboarding/contract issuing processes.
 

sampylf

New Member
Joined
30 Jan 2026
Messages
3
Location
london
Got the role! Looking forward to the training
congrats, what was your SBI as i am anxious mine is coming up

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Yes the Most recent. My role play was someone who rents a cafe in the station and there was events going on and the station was made into a one way
have you done your SBI?
 

Jamil

Member
Joined
30 Jan 2026
Messages
7
Location
london
how was your medical?what did it involve?....people get incredibly vague when you ask about the medical but I would love the clarity, in my mind...I'm thinking a fitness test and an eye test etc lol
Drug alcohol test , hearing test, then you see someone a doctor who goes over the results and check your blood pressure and asks a few generic questions. It was really quick for me roughly 30 mins m, 45 if I include wait time to get called in
 

Barksdale

Member
Joined
5 Jun 2025
Messages
78
Location
North West London

No I just had to upload documents to the the website then allow camera access on my phone to verify the I.D.
Strange, when was this? I’m sure everyone has to go in-person to get their ID’s verified

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

congrats, what was your SBI as i am anxious mine is coming up
Won’t post exact SBI but numerous issues relating to safety / customer service happening at the same time. I think I had 5/6 different issues in mine. Your task is to rank these in order of priority and how you would deal with them as a CSS. You have 25mins to read the brief and prepare, then 15 mins to present your findings + answer questions
 

sampylf

New Member
Joined
30 Jan 2026
Messages
3
Location
london
Strange, when was this? I’m sure everyone has to go in-person to get their ID’s verified

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


Won’t post exact SBI but numerous issues relating to safety / customer service happening at the same time. I think I had 5/6 different issues in mine. Your task is to rank these in order of priority and how you would deal with them as a CSS. You have 25mins to read the brief and prepare, then 15 mins to present your findings + answer questions
Thank you, I’ll work on making up scenarios and taking it from there

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Strange, when was this? I’m sure everyone has to go in-person to get their ID’s verified

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


Won’t post exact SBI but numerous issues relating to safety / customer service happening at the same time. I think I had 5/6 different issues in mine. Your task is to rank these in order of priority and how you would deal with them as a CSS. You have 25mins to read the brief and prepare, then 15 mins to present your findings + answer questions
I thought it would have been just one scenario
 

Barksdale

Member
Joined
5 Jun 2025
Messages
78
Location
North West London
Thank you, I’ll work on making up scenarios and taking it from there

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


I thought it would have been just one scenario
1 brief but multiple things going on at once. So you could classify it as one scenario / brief
 

121busboy

New Member
Joined
8 Feb 2026
Messages
3
Location
london
dealing with the same thing called a week ago and got informed about this in addition, to this I just recently checked on the link for booking system for AC3 and AC4 and it was not work properly
 

Mawkie

Established Member
Joined
17 Feb 2016
Messages
1,282
Current Salaries:

CSS1 full time = £65,620
OT rate = £44.92

CSS2 full time = £54,126
OT rate = £37.05

Salary will increase in April '26 by a minimum of 3% due to being the 2nd year of the 3 year pay deal.

The third year (April 27) is agreed at a minimum of 2.5%
 

Barksdale

Member
Joined
5 Jun 2025
Messages
78
Location
North West London
Current Salaries:

CSS1 full time = £65,620
OT rate = £44.92

CSS2 full time = £54,126
OT rate = £37.05

Salary will increase in April '26 by a minimum of 3% due to being the 2nd year of the 3 year pay deal.

The third year (April 27) is agreed at a minimum of 2.5%
You the best :wub:
 

Kona

Member
Joined
20 Oct 2025
Messages
47
Location
London
Current Salaries:

CSS1 full time = £65,620
OT rate = £44.92

CSS2 full time = £54,126
OT rate = £37.05

Salary will increase in April '26 by a minimum of 3% due to being the 2nd year of the 3 year pay deal.

The third year (April 27) is agreed at a minimum of 2.5%
Is that after probation?
 
Joined
2 Feb 2026
Messages
5
Location
North West London
Thank you, I’ll work on making up scenarios and taking it from there

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


I thought it would have been just one scenario
Use ChatGPT to generate scenarios for you and you can practice that way. Let it know it’s for CSS and it’ll give you a structured way on how to assess each issue based on that scenario and how to prioritise each of them.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

No, that will be upon completion of training.
What’s training like? How many weeks is it? Is the training period intense? Do we have assessments/exams? If we do, what happens if someone was to fail one?
 

Zb0905

Member
Joined
29 Dec 2023
Messages
393
Location
London
Use ChatGPT to generate scenarios for you and you can practice that way. Let it know it’s for CSS and it’ll give you a structured way on how to assess each issue based on that scenario and how to prioritise each of them.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


What’s training like? How many weeks is it? Is the training period intense? Do we have assessments/exams? If we do, what happens if someone was to fail one?
8 weeks
 

sha

New Member
Joined
17 Oct 2025
Messages
3
Location
Lonodn
Hello, I hope this message finds everyone well. I recently completed my AC3 examination and would like to inquire about the expected duration for receiving results for CSS. Thank you.
 

Burry

Member
Joined
4 Jun 2024
Messages
104
Location
london
People that got offered the CSS job here, did you have previous managerial experience or station control room experience?
 

Kona

Member
Joined
20 Oct 2025
Messages
47
Location
London
Does anyone know what the training entails? (Exams, essays etc). The email i recieved from TFL states if you don't pass the exams for CSS you could be offered a role as CSA at a lower rate? Does this happen often?
 

Top