• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Underground - CSA1 / CSA2 - Recruitment and Discussion

Fay1

Member
Joined
9 Feb 2025
Messages
8
Location
Ashford
It's fairly straightforward. Simple spelling, grammar and punctuation check for the first test, and if you just learn the tube map (ie. What colour each line is, and just familiarise yourself a bit), you should be good. The rest of it comes with instructions. There aren't any trick questions, from what I remember. Also, familiarise yourself with reading timetables (like bus timetables etc). Good luck :)
Thanks buddy for your info. Kind regards
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

im2025

New Member
Joined
17 Oct 2025
Messages
2
Location
ilford
Hi there I completed my roleplay/sbi on Thursday nervously waiting for a reply, I was just wondering what the assessors said to everyone after completion e.g they just told me I’ll hear back in 10-14 days with next steps. I saw someone on the forum saying they asked for their nearest station which does seem extremely positive. I didn’t hear that from them so was wondering if that’s a bad sign. Lastly, during the SBI if I missed out potentially one small hazard amidst all the chaos would that result in me failing? A quick reply would be much appreciated. Thanks everyone.
 

aimee723

Member
Joined
6 Jun 2025
Messages
40
Location
Hoddesdon
Oh wow congratulations you must be chuffed

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


When did you have your sbi again ?
Thank you. :smile:
I had my SBI last Friday.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Hi there I completed my roleplay/sbi on Thursday nervously waiting for a reply, I was just wondering what the assessors said to everyone after completion e.g they just told me I’ll hear back in 10-14 days with next steps. I saw someone on the forum saying they asked for their nearest station which does seem extremely positive. I didn’t hear that from them so was wondering if that’s a bad sign. Lastly, during the SBI if I missed out potentially one small hazard amidst all the chaos would that result in me failing? A quick reply would be much They told me 10-14 days. Someone said on here not so long ago that they take in consideration all of your assessments but I’m not too sure. Good luck
 
Last edited:

Zb0905

Member
Joined
29 Dec 2023
Messages
393
Location
London
Thank you. :smile:
I had my SBI last Friday.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


Don’t worry they didn’t ask me anything about stations. They told me 10-14 days. Someone said on here not so long ago that they take in consideration all of your assessments but I’m not too sure. Good luck
So it’s definitely a week that u wait
 

gjeffery68

Member
Joined
11 Sep 2024
Messages
53
Location
london
I’ve received no uniform…
When I went for live learning I got a polo, hi vi and shoes (thankfully my station had them!) I’ve had to buy my own cargo trousers and I’m going to have to nab more polos from my station (ill fitting though which is frustrating). I’ve got no coat, no nothing. Just extremely fortunate I know someone who has given me some fleeces.

Very big issue!
I got my uniform today after my 4th week had to go back to Ashfield house to collect it for a mix of new and old so you should get yours around week3/4
 

aimee723

Member
Joined
6 Jun 2025
Messages
40
Location
Hoddesdon
Does anyone know if they are taking a year still to get training dates once you get your conditional offer? I’ve got this in my head now that I will be but curious to know if it can happen sooner? Thanks
 

centrals19

Member
Joined
27 Aug 2025
Messages
6
Location
london
Does anyone know if they are taking a year still to get training dates once you get your conditional offer? I’ve got this in my head now that I will be but curious to know if it can
Does anyone know if they are taking a year still to get training dates once you get your conditional offer? I’ve got this in my head now that I will be but curious to know if it can happen sooner? Thanks
There are people who got offered positions from the last campaign that are still waiting for a training date so unfortunately it will more then likely be a long wait and there’s no way it can happen any sooner. Now that you’ve secured a position I’d just enjoy the time off. It’s just a waiting game till you get that phone call to book in for training.
 

Queenie

Member
Joined
2 Oct 2025
Messages
36
Location
London
Does anyone know if they are taking a year still to get training dates once you get your conditional offer? I’ve got this in my head now that I will be but curious to know if it can happen sooner? Thanks
The long wait for last hear candidates could be due to the cyber attack they had end of last year so fingers crossed it won’t be as long but we’ll never know
 

Zb0905

Member
Joined
29 Dec 2023
Messages
393
Location
London
I must have done alright, I got a conditional offer! :D
When did u do yours

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Does anyone know who fails the sbi are they told early or the same one week as everybody else ?
 
Last edited:

cid291

Member
Joined
13 Oct 2025
Messages
16
Location
Plaistow
Got a conditional offer on the 17th and filled out all the onboarding documents. Waiting to hear a reply from tfl about REED. Absolutely pumped I cannot wait to start training
 

Zb0905

Member
Joined
29 Dec 2023
Messages
393
Location
London
Got a conditional offer on the 17th and filled out all the onboarding documents. Waiting to hear a reply from tfl about REED. Absolutely pumped I cannot wait to start training
How long did u wait after interview to get the offer
 

Battledemon

New Member
Joined
20 Oct 2025
Messages
3
Location
Ilford, England, United Kingdom
Got a conditional offer on the 17th and filled out all the onboarding documents. Waiting to hear a reply from tfl about REED. Absolutely pumped I cannot wait to start training
congratulations! unfortunately i failed my roleplay, and im hoping that the next application comes out sooner rather then later, which roleplay did you have?
 

harish124

Member
Joined
21 Oct 2025
Messages
5
Location
london
Nope. I think they do it in blocks because “Shiftz” must’ve done their SBI on 10th latest, and they received their response yesterday. So the ppl who did their SBI 13th will get a reply once everyone from 10th session has? This is just my theory. I heard that they let u know early if you failed. Someone did their SBI 16/09 and found out they failed on 18/09.
 
Last edited:

Zb0905

Member
Joined
29 Dec 2023
Messages
393
Location
London
Nope. I think they do it in blocks because “Shiftz” must’ve done their SBI on 10th latest, and they received their response yesterday. So the ppl who did their SBI 13th will get a reply once everyone from 10th session has? This is just my theory. I heard that they let u know early if you failed. Someone did their SBI 16/09 and found out they failed on 18/09.
I done mine last Thursday and still ain’t heard nothing lol
 

harish124

Member
Joined
21 Oct 2025
Messages
5
Location
london
Yh Thursday 16
Oh okay don’t stress it, the earliest I’ve seen them accept someone is 1 week (5 working days) but there’s also someone here who got accepted 10 days later. So it’s just a waiting game I guess.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

If anyone who did their SBI on 13th or later, and has received the outcome please could you let me know? Thank you
 
Last edited:

Zb0905

Member
Joined
29 Dec 2023
Messages
393
Location
London
Oh okay don’t stress it, the earliest I’ve seen them accept someone is 1 week (5 working days) but there’s also someone here who got accepted 10 days later. So it’s just a waiting game I guess.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

If anyone who did their SBI on 13th or later, and has received the outcome please could you let me know? Thank you
Hopefully not long
 

Shiftz

Member
Joined
20 Aug 2024
Messages
17
Location
Tonbridge
When did u do yours

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Does anyone know who fails the sbi are they told early or the same one week as everybody else ?
Did mine on Friday 10th, got my offer exactly a week later
 

harish124

Member
Joined
21 Oct 2025
Messages
5
Location
london
Got a conditional offer on the 17th and filled out all the onboarding documents. Waiting to hear a reply from tfl about REED. Absolutely pumped I cannot wait to start training
Hey, do you mind letting me know when you did the SBI?
 

ac2552

Member
Joined
26 Jul 2024
Messages
114
Location
Hertfordshire
I got my uniform today after my 4th week had to go back to Ashfield house to collect it for a mix of new and old so you should get yours around week3/4
I’ve been working at my station for two weeks now lol. Not received a scrap! Fortunately my station gave me shoes and a top and a hi vi but I had to buy my own trousers and sort out a fleece etc.

Genuinely received nothing from Ashfield house since I returned uniform that obviously wasn’t mine in the first place!
 

Mawkie

Established Member
Joined
17 Feb 2016
Messages
1,289
I’ve been working at my station for two weeks now lol. Not received a scrap! Fortunately my station gave me shoes and a top and a hi vi but I had to buy my own trousers and sort out a fleece etc.

Genuinely received nothing from Ashfield house since I returned uniform that obviously wasn’t mine in the first place!
What a way to run a business!

I don't want to derail a recruitment thread, but unfortunately, a lack of investment from central government has hollowed out every single area of the business.

The contract for the new uniform was talked about in 2022, with the roll out promised in "late 2023". Here we are in 2025, with front line staff members using their own clothes or hand-me-downs from god knows where.

Getting a job with LU is a great achievement, how are new staff supposed to feel proud of their achievement under these circumstances?

But more importantly, how am I, as a train operator, supposed to recognise staff in an emergncy situation (or even a non-emergency situation)?

Rant over.
 

Zb0905

Member
Joined
29 Dec 2023
Messages
393
Location
London
What a way to run a business!

I don't want to derail a recruitment thread, but unfortunately, a lack of investment from central government has hollowed out every single area of the business.

The contract for the new uniform was talked about in 2022, with the roll out promised in "late 2023". Here we are in 2025, with front line staff members using their own clothes or hand-me-downs from god knows where.

Getting a job with LU is a great achievement, how are new staff supposed to feel proud of their achievement under these circumstances?

But more importantly, how am I, as a train operator, supposed to recognise staff in an emergncy situation (or even a non-emergency situation)?

Rant over.
Exactly it’s true just because they want one identity which I think is bizarre
 

Top