• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Underground - CSA1 & CSA2 (2022 & 2023 applications)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSANewbie2024

Member
Joined
11 Mar 2024
Messages
17
Location
Sutton
Good night all,

When writing down your places of employment for the past 3 years, do we have to include all of them? There is one I place I have worked for only 2 months , do I have to include them on the reference list?
Thanks,
When I did the referencing process, Reed checked every employer I worked for the past 3 years and chased references for every one of them. I worked a ton of short term contracts so had about 14 different employments and they chased every one. So I would say yes.
I would imagine for any gaps they will want an explanation for what you were doing/what was going on during that gap (education, unemployed, caring, etc)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bluegoblin7

Established Member
Joined
10 May 2011
Messages
2,166
Location
JB
Given that you have/will be issued with a uniform, and CSA is a uniformed grade, that answer should be relatively self-explanatory.

But I suppose, for the avoidance of doubt: yes.
 

tony_g

Member
Joined
24 Jun 2024
Messages
12
Location
london
Just passed written communication assessment and I was surprised just how fast paced it was, didn’t have enough time to answer the last two questions on the tube map section. Got role play to prepare for now
 

jackblack213

Member
Joined
20 Jan 2024
Messages
17
Location
London
Do Reed contact you by phone or email? It seems a lot of people are going through screening but I was offered the role 6 months ago and not heard anything since really.
 

T103

Member
Joined
17 Apr 2024
Messages
179
Location
London
Do Reed contact you by phone or email? It seems a lot of people are going through screening but I was offered the role 6 months ago and not heard anything since really.
Have you send your documents to TfL? You only hear from Reed once you've done this?
 

coffeetable

Member
Joined
4 Oct 2023
Messages
87
Location
LONDON
Do Reed contact you by phone or email? It seems a lot of people are going through screening but I was offered the role 6 months ago and not heard anything since really.
It happened to me as well, I had to wait for more than 6 months after sending the onboarding documents. All you have to do is keep calling them for updates.
 

jackblack213

Member
Joined
20 Jan 2024
Messages
17
Location
London
Have you send your documents to TfL? You only hear from Reed once you've done this?

Yes...sent docs a few times now. Thanks for your reply.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

It happened to me as well, I had to wait for more than 6 months after sending the onboarding documents. All you have to do is keep calling them for updates.

Thanks. I'll try calling them and see if that speeds things up.
 

amazonFBA

Member
Joined
10 Jun 2024
Messages
9
Location
London
Has anyone receive the “HMRC PAYE Income Tax Document” form. It asks to download the last 5 years of your tax history from government gateway portal as an “alternative” to reference checks. It’s not clear in the guidance whether it means they will use this doc as an alternative to contacting my previous employer to confirm my work history, or whether they will refer to this document if they have been unsuccessful in obtaining a reference after contacting my employer. Any insight from anyone who has been through this process would be appreciated.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Do Reed contact you by phone or email? It seems a lot of people are going through screening but I was offered the role 6 months ago and not heard anything since really.
It might be they’ve applied for a different position to you and there are vacancies available. I know night tube candidates are waiting significantly longer then people who have applied for other working pattern.
 

tony_g

Member
Joined
24 Jun 2024
Messages
12
Location
london
Anyone else had no luck getting any time slots for role play interview I’m stuck on this page for the last couple days 1720261590907.png
 

Anothermarvel

Member
Joined
6 Mar 2024
Messages
12
Location
London
Has anyone receive the “HMRC PAYE Income Tax Document” form. It asks to download the last 5 years of your tax history from government gateway portal as an “alternative” to reference checks. It’s not clear in the guidance whether it means they will use this doc as an alternative to contacting my previous employer to confirm my work history, or whether they will refer to this document if they have been unsuccessful in obtaining a reference after contacting my employer. Any insight from anyone who has been through this process would be appreciated.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


It might be they’ve applied for a different position to you and there are vacancies available. I know night tube candidates are waiting significantly longer then people who have applied for other working pattern.
They will still ask your previous employers for a reference. If your previous employer has not completed the reference you might want to call the high volume number and speak to someone at TFL.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Anyone else had no luck getting any time slots for role play interview I’m stuck on this page for the last couple days View attachment 161323
Just keep checking. They will appear. I've just finished my 4 week training and almost every day there are people coming in for assessments. So they will have to sort out new dates. You just have to keep checking.
 

coffeetable

Member
Joined
4 Oct 2023
Messages
87
Location
LONDON
Can anyone help with my query: I had my medical assessment last week and at the end of the assessment I was provided the result by the nurse that I'm fit to start. He also added that they will forward the results to pertemps. I haven't heard anything after that. I was given 5th of August as a start date and also I was told by the recruitment team whilst booking for medical that I will soon receive documents from HR and I should reply to them ASAP to avoid delaying training start date. I haven't received either from the time of this post.
 

zcarrey

Member
Joined
28 Jun 2024
Messages
47
Location
london
Just passed written communication assessment and I was surprised just how fast paced it was, didn’t have enough time to answer the last two questions on the tube map section. Got role play to prepare for now
I have it(written communication) coming up, do you have any advise you could share. I'm awfully nervous

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Smile and introduce yourself.
First of, busking (playing guitar and soliciting funds) is prohibited except the person has a permit
You could have been sympathetic and explained the need for a permit and just throw TFL policies around it (its part of the piece of paper they gave us to familiarise ourselves). Explain the risk of prosecution, should she refuse.
When she parks up her stuff after you persuaded her to, ask how she intends to get home, or if there is need to propose a shelter for her. Always let them out of the station for health and safety reasons
Heey thanks for this! just to be clear on the last bit....you wouldn't allow them to board the train and instead ask them out of the station?....I know it sounds really dense but I'm pretty empathetic and this is the sort of thing that might get to me because my approach to health and safety would be to make sure the vulnerable person goes home.....HELP haha
 
Last edited:

tony_g

Member
Joined
24 Jun 2024
Messages
12
Location
london
I have it(written communication) coming up, do you have any advise you could share. I'm awfully nervous

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


Heey thanks for this! just to be clear on the last bit....you wouldn't allow them to board the train and instead ask them out of the station?....I know it sounds really dense but I'm pretty empathetic and this is the sort of thing that might get to me because my approach to health and safety would be to make sure the vulnerable person goes home.....HELP haha
Tbh the written part is mainly checking for spelling and grammar errors which isn’t hard. The data interpretation is the one where you’ll be more pressed for time, you gotta see what tickets are valid and also be familiar with the tube map and finding stations location via the key in the back of the map. Main struggle is time management the test itself isn’t hard.
 

lolak

Member
Joined
8 Jul 2024
Messages
10
Location
London
Anyone else had no luck getting any time slots for role play interview I’m stuck on this page for the last couple days View attachment 161323
Yeah same, I called High Volume Campaigns this morning and all they told me is to check between 10am-12pm. That didn’t work as I’m still checking three times every hour :/
 

tony_g

Member
Joined
24 Jun 2024
Messages
12
Location
london
Yeah same, I called High Volume Campaigns this morning and all they told me is to check between 10am-12pm. That didn’t work as I’m still checking three times every hour :/
They’ve got a bunch of appointments on 29th and 18th so hopefully you managed to catch one
 

anon2003

New Member
Joined
10 Jul 2024
Messages
4
Location
Northampton
Had my roleplay today and it didn't go well
The customer tried to pass the gateline using a debit card so I referred them to the ticket machines and asked a colleague to help.
Then the customer went alone and came back with no ticket and offered me a gift voucher to get past but I said no and still recommended going back to the ticket machines even after the customer tried forcing themselves through the gate.
Not really sure where I went wrong...
 

tony_g

Member
Joined
24 Jun 2024
Messages
12
Location
london
Had my roleplay today and it didn't go well
The customer tried to pass the gateline using a debit card so I referred them to the ticket machines and asked a colleague to help.
Then the customer went alone and came back with no ticket and offered me a gift voucher to get past but I said no and still recommended going back to the ticket machines even after the customer tried forcing themselves through the gate.
Not really sure where I went wrong...
Was the debit card contactless? If it was you could advise them to tap on the oyster reader region
 

dimeji

New Member
Joined
10 Jul 2024
Messages
2
Location
London
Hello house,
I have the written and data interpretation test coming up.
Please can someone help me with what to prepare for against my upcoming test on Friday.
Anything would be helpful
Thank you.
 

lolak

Member
Joined
8 Jul 2024
Messages
10
Location
London
Had my roleplay today and it didn't go well
The customer tried to pass the gateline using a debit card so I referred them to the ticket machines and asked a colleague to help.
Then the customer went alone and came back with no ticket and offered me a gift voucher to get past but I said no and still recommended going back to the ticket machines even after the customer tried forcing themselves through the gate.
Not really sure where I went wrong...
Did you introduce yourself? Did you ask if the debit card was valid? I.e. in date, was it an international debit card or even if the card is blocked? Did you use a card reader to check if the card was valid? If they tried to bump, did you mention the repercussions such as a fine/criminal record if caught fare evading and threaten to contact BTP? Did they have other means of paying? Different card or cash?

That’s unfortunate that your role play didn’t go well, but at least you’d know what to do/ask next time

Hello house,
I have the written and data interpretation test coming up.
Please can someone help me with what to prepare for against my upcoming test on Friday.
Anything would be helpful
Thank you.
Saw this on Reddit, may be helpful (check attachments)
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0447.jpeg
    IMG_0447.jpeg
    649.7 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0446.jpeg
    IMG_0446.jpeg
    621.6 KB · Views: 114

anon2003

New Member
Joined
10 Jul 2024
Messages
4
Location
Northampton
Did you introduce yourself? Did you ask if the debit card was valid? I.e. in date, was it an international debit card or even if the card is blocked? Did you use a card reader to check if the card was valid? If they tried to bump, did you mention the repercussions such as a fine/criminal record if caught fare evading and threaten to contact BTP? Did they have other means of paying? Different card or cash?

That’s unfortunate that your role play didn’t go well, but at least you’d know what to do/ask next time


Saw this on Reddit, may be helpful (check attachments)
I did not introduce myself
Card was valid cause the expiry date had not reached
I don't remember if it was an international card
I did threaten to call the transport police when they tried to force their way through
And the first thing I asked was if they had other ways to pay
 

moonie95

Member
Joined
26 Jul 2023
Messages
188
Location
UK
I did not introduce myself
Card was valid cause the expiry date had not reached
I don't remember if it was an international card
I did threaten to call the transport police when they tried to force their way through
And the first thing I asked was if they had other ways to pay
You provide them with different solutions
 
Last edited:

T103

Member
Joined
17 Apr 2024
Messages
179
Location
London
Had my roleplay today and it didn't go well
The customer tried to pass the gateline using a debit card so I referred them to the ticket machines and asked a colleague to help.
Then the customer went alone and came back with no ticket and offered me a gift voucher to get past but I said no and still recommended going back to the ticket machines even after the customer tried forcing themselves through the gate.
Not really sure where I went wrong...
But you can use any contactless card to travel?
 

Mawkie

Established Member
Joined
17 Feb 2016
Messages
1,285
The customer tried to pass the gateline using a debit card so I referred them to the ticket machines and asked a colleague to help.
TfL prefer their staff to take ownership of problems and find solutions - you binned the customer off onto someone else.
I did threaten to call the transport police
Do you think threatening customers with police is appropriate?
Not sure. I've always used physical tickets to travel so I'm not sure how the others work
You applied for job on the Underground and had no idea that you can pay with a contactless bank card?
Not really sure where I went wrong...
It seems like the process has worked the way it should in this case.

You can always apply again in a few years, but perhaps do some investigation on what customer service means, and have a look online to understand the absolute basics on Underground processes, such as payment methods.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top